42 Pages V  « < 24 25 26 27 28 > »   
Sunday Shred Fest Challenge!
Todd Simpson
Dec 4 2016, 07:15 AM
GMC:er
It was my bad. I can play up to 192khz but somehow my wires got crossed and I couldn't hear anything, then later realized I had powered off my speakers by accident. DUH!!! Just tripped a cable out of the wall and no power. Good news was the easy fix. On to the debrief!!!

NICE!!!! Despite the fact that you are playing an axe that is not quite a shred/blues/high end/etc. monster, you still make it sing!!! That is the mark of a really good player IMHO. Being able to take just about any axe you lay your hands on and make it really, really, sing. Which is exactly what you do here.

I can hear you blending blues and minor scales as well as traditional blues licks with things like advanced scale inversions. I'm guessing you are really impressing the folks you are jamming with as they have to be aware that you have not been playing for very long in the grand scheme of things and yet you play like someone with LOTS, LOTS, more experience. You are playing licks that some folks never get to.

Displaying a very fine control over vibrato as well as right /left hand synch, you take the listener on a journey through blues to progish and back again. Very well constructed and very well played. It does my heart good to see things like this smile.gif keep it up!!!!

Todd

IN SHORT YOU JUST!!!!!!

LEVELED UP!!!!

Attached Image

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Dec 2 2016, 11:26 AM) *
Hi Todd

Another try with another axe and another preset.

this axe is a crap......

Cheers

Laurent

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Dec 4 2016, 10:31 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 4 2016, 03:19 PM
Learning Rock Star
Quick shot at it, extended version:

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
bleez
Dec 4 2016, 05:37 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I dont have the chops like Cael and Laurent to cover these long backings so another shorty biggrin.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6gqBQvOBQc

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Dec 4 2016, 05:51 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Bleez

short but beautyfull !!!

Cheers

Laurent

ps: i love your preset !!!

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
bleez
Dec 4 2016, 06:39 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (fzalfa @ Dec 4 2016, 04:51 PM) *
Hi Bleez

short but beautyfull !!!

Cheers

Laurent

ps: i love your preset !!!

Thanks dude smile.gif
I liked both of your takes, I dont think Ive heard you play that strat before but it sounded really nice.

--------------------

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Dec 4 2016, 07:19 PM
Learning Roadie
No it's a bit unusual

it's the squier strat (indonesian) form my wife's first son, i have buyed it for him two years ago when i start to work guitar. but he give up , since he learn drums.

Cheers

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 4 2016, 08:32 PM
Nice!!! This is a great example of pulling it all together. You run the full range from Stevie Ray Vaughan to Paul Gilbert. Everything from Blues licks to string skipping and that crazy tapping bit @ 1:21. Also, your use of Arps is impressive!

I can tell you are really "Feeling" this one and pouring yourself in to it. That's what I love to see smile.gif

Not to mention, NICE IBBY!!!!!!!! One day I will have the red one by God!!!!!!!! smile.gif

Your use of single notes/vibrato is equally as powerful as your huge scale runs imho. Also the way you ease between various techniques is impressive. It's this type of "Fluidity" that is often hardest to play and to learn and you really do it with grace. No to mention you play for 5 minutes straight!!!!!!

This is some killer solo work, and some of your best so far as far as I'm concerned. It's you pulling together pretty much everything I"ve ever taught you and wads of bits that you taught yourself, in to one cogent bit of muisc. You really KAAARUSSHED IT!!!! In short you just....

LEVELED UP!!!!

Attached Image

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Dec 4 2016, 10:19 AM) *
Quick shot at it, extended version:

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Dec 4 2016, 09:17 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 4 2016, 10:20 PM
Very spiff indeed!!! This is the type of very smooth blues playing that I've come to expect from you my man!!! Tasty chops just one after the other. You have a very fluid and organic style that fits the music quite well. I can see you shifting in and out of scalar licks and in to chordal licks with grace and ease. I think you should go batck and wath your realy vids. Especially early vids with minimal gain.

You have made HUGE strikes in your ability to convey emotion using just your fingers. Very expressive play indeed. I've gone back and watched some of your early work and it really is impressive how far you've come. Super congrats dude and keep it up!!!

Also, what tone is that? is that an 11 rack patch? if so which one? Please do share!

Needless to say you just LEVELED UP!!!!!

Attached Image

Todd

QUOTE (bleez @ Dec 4 2016, 12:37 PM) *
I dont have the chops like Cael and Laurent to cover these long backings so another shorty biggrin.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6gqBQvOBQc

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Dec 4 2016, 10:22 PM

+Quote Post
bleez
Dec 4 2016, 11:26 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks Todd, much appreciated. Ive really enjoyed these challenges I totally think Ive benefited a lot in the relativity short time we've been doing them.
I was using the Kemper in this one. It was a freebie M Britt Suhr HH50 profile.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 5 2016, 04:54 AM
!!! SUNDAY SHRED FEST X-31!!!!
The Rolling Stones "ish"

*I"m not playing in this vid. Instead, Instead, feel feel to use it to practice your lead! You can add it to a playlist on youtube if you like to keep track of it.
Direct Link to this Challenge : http://bit.ly/sundayshredfestx31

IMPORTANT: YOU CAN PLAY OVER ANY PART OR ALL OF THE BACKING)

DETAILS: Let's do a bit of Rolling Stone "ish" soloing this time. This diddy feels a bit like "Brown Sugar" by the Stones. Blues/Pentatonic, starting on the Third Fret should do you just fine smile.gif Add a Minor Scale Starting on the Third fret if you like, and use the open G string for Giggles! Beyond that go nuts!

DOWNLOAD BACKING:

MP3 Backing Track Attached File  x31.mp3 ( 1.28MB ) Number of downloads: 39

Extended MP3 Backing Attached File  x31_5minuteVersion.mp3 ( 10.05MB ) Number of downloads: 66

KEY: G Standard Blues

SCALES TO USE: G Pentatonic/Blues and G Minor

G Pentatonic
Attached Image

G Minor
Attached Image

DUE DATE: Before MIDNIGHT Next Sunday!! (If you run a bit late that's ok) I'm pushing back the due date to as late as possible . To give you more weekend time. So the new challenge may already be posted when you go to put up your take. This is fine, just take a look at the new challenge as you post your take so you can practice a bit during the week if possible

F.A.Q. (Frequently Asked Questions)

1.)What do I need to do?: Reply to this post with a youtube video of your performance. EMBED the video in the post (Ask me if you need any help)That's it, no files, no transfers, just you playing I will give you feedback on your submission and you will get your updated SHRED FEST MISSION BADGE for having the stones to put yourself out there and for making the time to make music.
2.)Who can participate?: ANYONE!!
3.)What do I get? Upon putting your video in the thread, you will get a critique of your playing and a badge to commemorate your effort. The more Challenges you complete, the higher the level

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Dec 5 2016, 04:56 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 11 2016, 06:10 PM
!!! SUNDAY SHRED FEST X-31!!!!
The Rolling Stones "ish"

*I"m not playing in this vid. Instead, Instead, feel feel to use it to practice your lead! You can add it to a playlist on youtube if you like to keep track of it.
Direct Link to this Challenge : http://bit.ly/sundayshredfestx31

IMPORTANT: YOU CAN PLAY OVER ANY PART OR ALL OF THE BACKING)

DETAILS: Let's do a bit of Rolling Stone "ish" soloing this time. This diddy feels a bit like "Brown Sugar" by the Stones. Blues/Pentatonic, starting on the Third Fret should do you just fine Add a Minor Scale Starting on the Third fret if you like, and use the open G string for Giggles! Beyond that go nuts!

DOWNLOAD BACKING:

MP3 Backing Track Attached File  x31.mp3 ( 1.28MB ) Number of downloads: 39

Extended MP3 Backing Attached File  x31_5minuteVersion.mp3 ( 10.05MB ) Number of downloads: 66

KEY: G Standard Blues

SCALES TO USE: G Pentatonic/Blues and G Minor

G Pentatonic
Attached Image

G Minor
Attached Image

DUE DATE: Before MIDNIGHT Next Sunday!! (If you run a bit late that's ok) I'm pushing back the due date to as late as possible . To give you more weekend time. So the new challenge may already be posted when you go to put up your take. This is fine, just take a look at the new challenge as you post your take so you can practice a bit during the week if possible

1.)What do I need to do?: Reply to this post with a youtube video of your performance. EMBED the video in the post (Ask me if you need any help)That's it, no files, no transfers, just you playing I will give you feedback on your submission and you will get your updated SHRED FEST MISSION BADGE for having the stones to put yourself out there and for making the time to make music.
3.)What do I get? Upon putting your video in the thread, you will get a critique of your playing and a badge to commemorate your effort. The more Challenges you complete, the higher the level

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 11 2016, 06:35 PM
Learning Rock Star
Not my best solo, but it's something:

--------------------

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Dec 11 2016, 07:49 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Todd

i only have done a very short take, because my son need me.

Cheers

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 11 2016, 11:37 PM
Nicely done!! Thanks much for your take smile.gif I know it's not always easy to find the time but I"m glad you did. Your solo has a very classic rock vibe to it with a hint of Chuck Berry thrown in for good measure. I like how you hold the bend suspended and keep it in tune at the same time. Kudos there. Also spiffly done on bouncing around inside the scale all while keeping it in KEY!

This backing was sorta hard to find the center/groove for some reason. I noticed that myself after soloing over it for a bit, but I thought perhaps it was just me. Turns out, it wasn't! Next time I"ll trust my instincts smile.gif I"m going to post todays challenge after Midnight tonight (The Final Deadline for submissions) so that it goes in the thread after any possible late day submissions. Also, it will NOT be anything like this one. I liked the pink floyd ones and so did everyone else, but after three of them, I wanted to switch. I think I might switch back smile.gif

Anyhoo, you nailed it!!! Which means of course, you just...

LEVELED UP!!!!!
Attached Image

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Dec 11 2016, 01:35 PM) *
Not my best solo, but it's something:

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 12 2016, 02:56 AM
NICE!!! I think you have a fan right there!! smile.gif The solo is short and sweet. You really are ripping it up! You are playing briskly but never lose the vibe and and are always in key. You really do have a great handle on the licks that work in Rock and you can chain gun them together like nobody's business!!! I like the aggressive style as well smile.gif IN SHORT YOU JUST....

LEVELED UP!!!!!

Attached Image

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Dec 11 2016, 02:49 PM) *
Hi Todd

i only have done a very short take, because my son need me.

Cheers

Laurent

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Dec 12 2016, 02:56 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 12 2016, 03:59 AM
!!! SUNDAY SHRED FEST X-32 !!!!
Pink Floyd "The Great Gig in the Sky"

Direct Link to this Challenge : http://bit.ly/sundayshredfestx32

DOWNLOAD BACKING: MP3 Backing Track Attached File  x32.mp3 ( 1.57MB ) Number of downloads: 37

Extended Backing! Attached File  x32Extended.mp3 ( 8.96MB ) Number of downloads: 57

IMPORTANT:
YOU CAN PLAY OVER ANY PART OR ALL OF THE BACKING

DETAILS:
Let's do another PINK FLOYD bit. Floyd Solo sections are just killer.

KEY: B Standard Blues (Start Your Blues Scale on the 7Th Fret Low E String)

SCALES TO USE: B Pentatonic/Blues and B Minor

B Pentatonic
Attached Image

B Minor
Attached Image

3.)What do I get? Upon putting your video in the thread, you will get a critique of your playing and a badge to commemorate your effort. The more Challenges you complete, the higher the level [/i]

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Dec 13 2016, 12:52 AM

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Dec 12 2016, 09:49 AM
Learning Roadie
Todd

PLEASEEEEE a longer version !!!!!!

Cheers

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Dec 12 2016, 08:40 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Todd

This is two preview takes....

Cheers

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 12 2016, 08:41 PM
Learning Rock Star

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 13 2016, 12:54 AM
Nice preview take! I put a much longer version of the backing in the mp3 section above. Enjoy!

Todd

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Dec 12 2016, 03:40 PM) *
Hi Todd

This is two preview takes....

Cheers

Laurent

+Quote Post

42 Pages V  « < 24 25 26 27 28 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:12 AM