Kustom Guitar Amps
shredmandan
Sep 13 2007, 06:40 AM
GMC:er
Hey everyone
Ok this question is for everyone although i would love to see Mickem and Andrew's opinion on this as wel
I just got off the phone with a dude that wants to make a trade on my Crate Amp head and one of my cabients.He has a Kustom guitar amp with 2 12''s in it.I havent met him or seen the amp yet but what made me interested is its a TUBE AMP laugh.gif He is willing to trade me the amp and cash for my half stack which is basically from the mid 90's.

So have any of you ever used a Kustom amp before and what do you think of them if you have?I might meet up with dude this weekend and maybe do a swap but want to learn more about these amps. biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Sep 13 2007, 06:50 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Sep 13 2007, 01:40 AM) *
Hey everyone
Ok this question is for everyone although i would love to see Mickem and Andrew's opinion on this as wel
I just got off the phone with a dude that wants to make a trade on my Crate Amp head and one of my cabients.He has a Kustom guitar amp with 2 12''s in it.I havent met him or seen the amp yet but what made me interested is its a TUBE AMP laugh.gif He is willing to trade me the amp and cash for my half stack which is basically from the mid 90's.

So have any of you ever used a Kustom amp before and what do you think of them if you have?I might meet up with dude this weekend and maybe do a swap but want to learn more about these amps. biggrin.gif

I've never heard of them before - which model is it? We can at least check the specs out ...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Pavel
Sep 13 2007, 06:55 AM
Instructor
I heard of them! A friend of mine has one 20Watts Kustom biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif To be honest the name sounds like a joke biggrin.gif Don't trade Crate for Kustom! smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
MickeM
Sep 13 2007, 06:55 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Sep 13 2007, 07:40 AM) *
Hey everyone

Well, I'm off to bed now but for tomorrow - What model Crate do you have and what model is the Kustom. Full tuber or pre amp only?

What wattage is it, can you turn it up as loud as you should at home or where ever you will keep it?

Let's investigate this biggrin.gif Kustom is not well spread here in Sweden but there are some models at least, well see.

EDIT: Make sure you test the amp for crackeling noice, tubes glowing in wierd colors etc before you trade.

This post has been edited by MickeM: Sep 13 2007, 06:56 AM

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Sep 13 2007, 06:59 AM
Instructor
Never heard of Kustom before,honestly. huh.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Sep 13 2007, 07:07 AM
QUOTE (muris @ Sep 13 2007, 01:59 AM) *
Never heard of Kustom before,honestly. huh.gif

I hadent heard of them either before now.This is funny cause everyone i wanted to hear from replyed quick on this post laugh.gif .I dont know theexact model or anything else about the amp yet.All i know is dude said 2 12''s and a tube amp.When i find out the rest on it i will post.My Crate has a G130C XL head which is a 80's or early 90's model.I would think its about 120 watts and its solid state .The cabient is the basic starter they offer 120 watt rms and has 4''12's .

I can t really play that loud where im at so i dont need the stack.I basically just put it up for sale in paper and got an offer for cash and trade .I will check it out later in the week.

Also what does RMS mean when referring to wattage?I only see the rms thing on low priced or cheaper amps. tongue.gif

--------------------
My Gear

My Advice

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Sep 13 2007, 07:09 AM
Instructor
As MikeM said,try it but try it very well!!
Be sure to compare it with your amp as well,in same room or som.
Dunno what else to say,wish you luck Dan smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Sep 13 2007, 07:10 AM
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Sep 13 2007, 01:40 AM) *
Hey everyone

Here is a kustom amp,i have no idea if this is the model the guy has but just to give you an idea on what there amps are
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-KUSTOM-HV-100-HYBR...1QQcmdZViewItem

This post has been edited by shredmandan: Sep 13 2007, 07:11 AM

--------------------
My Gear

My Advice

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Sep 13 2007, 07:18 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Kustom used to be a good amp in the 60s-70s - prob still good amps but check ANY amp before you buy/trade.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Sep 13 2007, 07:31 AM
Instructor
This one looks pretty cool,metal knobs etc cool.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:15 AM