3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
The Most Ignorant Artical Ever Written.
Henkka
Feb 23 2008, 11:54 PM
GMC:er
I didn't have enough motivation to read through the whole article, but I can say that if it's in somethingawful, it shouldn't be taken too seriously. smile.gif

So chill out people, there's really no reason to be angry about this article. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Feb 24 2008, 12:16 AM
Trust me. ive read some other stuff by this guy on other sites. he even had a blog awhile back. he really does hate most music.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Guitarman700: Feb 24 2008, 12:17 AM

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
JVM
Feb 24 2008, 12:22 AM
Learning Roadie
Uh, guys, this is somethingawful. Don't take it any more seriously than you would a news article from The Onion. He even says in the beginning: ""Hey," a lot of people have said to me, "you never make fun of metal. Does that mean you like metal?" No, it means I can't *jolly well* stand to listen to metal long enough to make fun of it."

Thats what he does. He's probably a metal head.

Edited for language - Andrew

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
napsternova
Feb 24 2008, 12:29 AM
He's a &^%$ing idiot. Plain and simple.

--------------------
--- Jump in with both feet and hopefully you don't land on your head---

+Quote Post
Willie the pimp
Feb 24 2008, 12:31 AM
he`s damn ignorant:P he says metal sucks because many people today don't listens to it. To it to quote Zappa: "When the quality of music is defined by how many listens to it, something is seriously wrong"

+Quote Post
Goliath
Feb 24 2008, 12:58 AM
No, you're ignorant. If you read his article and got angry, then his work there is done. He was writing about a subculture that is widely held negatively to foster an adverse reaction. His one argument is that it's not cool and no critics will review it. Big deal, music critics typically review "mainstream" acts, so of course they would ignore the underground music. He is viewing and measuring success/viability from a commercial viability standpoint, which is no fair way to judge any form of art. I mean lets be serious, the guy is someone who gets his rocks off as a pseudo celebrity raising pulses with a web blog. I don't know about you, but when this guy steps away from his computer he probably gets upset that nobody knows he's a "big deal". Arguing about it is like that old cliche about "winning the special olympics"

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Feb 24 2008, 01:40 AM
QUOTE (Goliath @ Feb 23 2008, 06:58 PM) *
No, you're ignorant. If you read his article and got angry, then his work there is done. He was writing about a subculture that is widely held negatively to foster an adverse reaction. His one argument is that it's not cool and no critics will review it. Big deal, music critics typically review "mainstream" acts, so of course they would ignore the underground music. He is viewing and measuring success/viability from a commercial viability standpoint, which is no fair way to judge any form of art. I mean lets be serious, the guy is someone who gets his rocks off as a pseudo celebrity raising pulses with a web blog. I don't know about you, but when this guy steps away from his computer he probably gets upset that nobody knows he's a "big deal". Arguing about it is like that old cliche about "winning the special olympics"

im not angry about the article, i know hese nothing, im angry because it reminds me of all the people who ive met who share his view and have treated me like *poo* because of it.

Edited for language - Andrew

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 24 2008, 01:50 AM
You gotta laugh at some people.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Owen
Feb 24 2008, 02:18 AM
sat·ire
1. The use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc.

The articles not for real, its made to offend, the more pissed off you get by reading it the more it has succeeded, just like people who call you a dirty metalhead or whatever - they want to see you angered, they get their hits from such emotional schadenfreude, they love to watch you get upset and taking their opinion seriously, but the truth is that it doesnt matter. The folly here is that everyone who reads or indulges in this takes it so seriously, for truth.

Anyway, you shouldnt let peoples opinions bother you in the first place, because as the saying goes; opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one, and most of them stink. tongue.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
visi0n
Feb 24 2008, 02:24 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
exactly Owen, those people are trying to piss us off.. well i just ignore it smile.gif i dont care what people say about it

--------------------

+Quote Post
albino
Feb 24 2008, 02:49 AM
I'm not a huge metal fan but to say that metal is anything other than talented is ludicrous. When you see the techniques that metal guitarists use it must be appreciated and admired. Also, metal musicians are just that; MUSICIANS as opposed to just sampling something over a handclap drumbeat or whatever Casio-style pattern that happens to be on the presets...[see how easy it is to make generalisations!]
When you consider the styles that metal brings together you have to acknowledge their guitarists' years of accumulating skills from classical to rock. I'd wager that metal musos are far more open to musical styles than you'd expect.
These arguments are pretty pointless really; you like what you like and if you don't get it just move on and allow others who do to enjoy it. I don't get jazz either but I won't rubbish it....better to admire it and enjoy the fact that music is incredibly broad in style and scope.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 24 2008, 02:51 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
QUOTE (albino @ Feb 23 2008, 05:49 PM) *
I'm not a huge metal fan but to say that metal is anything other than talented is ludicrous. When you see the techniques that metal guitarists use it must be appreciated and admired. Also, metal musicians are just that; MUSICIANS as opposed to just sampling something over a handclap drumbeat or whatever Casio-style pattern that happens to be on the presets...[see how easy it is to make generalisations!]
When you consider the styles that metal brings together you have to acknowledge their guitarists' years of accumulating skills from classical to rock. I'd wager that metal musos are far more open to musical styles than you'd expect.
These arguments are pretty pointless really; you like what you like and if you don't get it just move on and allow others who do to enjoy it. I don't get jazz either but I won't rubbish it....better to admire it and enjoy the fact that music is incredibly broad in style and scope.

And i love the fact that this post on metal came from someone who isnt a huge metal fan, Shows some people still have respect for music, even if they dont like it. smile.gif

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Feb 24 2008, 04:00 AM
I found this article yesterday, I thought it was pretty stupid.

http://us.i1.yimg.com/videogames.yahoo.com...dustry-/1187267

And it seems a lot of people are extremely ignorant to metal. I told my dad and his friends that Dream Theater was coming to a city near by and I am going to go see them. They asked me if people were going to be dressed up in all black, white face paint, gothic, and creating a huge pit.

This post has been edited by shellshock1911: Feb 24 2008, 04:07 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
g-forcelover
Feb 24 2008, 04:22 AM
this is the only rap song i like. its impossible not to like it.

http://www.funnyjunk.com/youtube/953/Harry...er+In+The+Hood/ laugh.gif

--------------------

i tripped and broke my guitar's neck. :(

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Feb 24 2008, 04:31 AM
Moderation Policy Director
Cool it guys - 2 edits for language, no more please!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Feb 24 2008, 04:36 AM
Looking over it again, just the sheer amount of profanity in it discredits it ( if it's really for real, I can't decide whether it's his actual oppinion, or if he's just being a dumbass, trying to see how many people he can piss off, probably both). There's a place for cursing, but an article is not one of those places.

This post has been edited by SLASH91: Feb 24 2008, 05:06 AM

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
JVM
Feb 24 2008, 04:51 AM
Learning Roadie
Sorry andrew, I guess I didn't notice it since I didn't actually write it unsure.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Feb 24 2008, 05:13 AM
okay.. so
.. this actually brought a tear to my eye.. i feel like a christian who needs to make a sinner repent so they don't burn in hell... i.. am speechless.. sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

biggrin.gif i just read a post below about a crusade.. it sparked my interests biggrin.gif i also read a thing about this being a joke.. that makes me happier smile.gif

This post has been edited by Smikey2006: Feb 24 2008, 05:01 PM

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
JVM
Feb 24 2008, 07:16 AM
Learning Roadie
*sigh* laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ayen
Feb 24 2008, 07:46 AM
I've got an idea.

Kris, Marcus, Pavel, Muris, Toni, Pablo, Ivan, Gabriel, Ben, Bogdan, The Uncreator, Andrew, Tank, Kai (we'll bring him back for this), myself, and anyone else who wishes to come shall lead a crusade, and kill him and his precious Goldfish.

Then we shall drag his mutilated body in the streets for all to see, up until we throw it into one giant bonfire.

Or we could send a really, really mean email.

Oh, and

QUOTE (Goliath @ Feb 24 2008, 12:58 AM) *

Yeah, that sounds about right. I lost you at subculture, but yeah that sounds about right.

This post has been edited by Ayen: Feb 24 2008, 07:49 AM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:19 PM