> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

161 Pages V  « < 23 24 25 26 27 > »   
Phil66's Thread, for Gab's Army
Phil66
Nov 14 2015, 09:36 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hello Gab,

Not really in the right mind set for guitar after Paris, it has affected me emotionally, I had a friend over there when I found out this morning, I was really worried, I found out he is ok but it got me wondering about many things and the importance of many things. It is playing on my mind a lot. I'll be ok tomorrow.

Here is the A5 chord transition that I was talking about, I can't seem to stop the silent gap.

Any tips?

Cheers

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Nov 14 2015, 10:13 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 15 2015, 05:48 AM
Instructor
Hi Phil, yes, I'm also very shocked about the Paris incidents. It's so sad. sad.gif

About the chord change, I notice that you are doing an important hand movement while it should be much smaller and smoother. Your first finger is the one that have to do the job, just try making it jump from 3rd fret 5th string to 2nd fret 4th string with the smaller hand movement possible. Try it and let me know what happens.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 17 2015, 09:53 PM
Thanks Gab,

Ok, I am getting a little better but it does seem to sound better when played quicker, I mean the split second silence between the two chords doesn't have time to register with the brain so much laugh.gif

Got a bit confused, I was learning it with the GP5 file and when I came to play along with your lesson I thought I was going mad laugh.gif In the GP5 file there are only 12 bars before the solo bit, on your lesson there are 20, you play bars 5-12 twice, of course my fingers got confused laugh.gif

Cheers mate.

Speak soon.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 18 2015, 01:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Nov 17 2015, 05:53 PM) *
Thanks Gab,

Ok, I am getting a little better but it does seem to sound better when played quicker, I mean the split second silence between the two chords doesn't have time to register with the brain so much laugh.gif

Got a bit confused, I was learning it with the GP5 file and when I came to play along with your lesson I thought I was going mad laugh.gif In the GP5 file there are only 12 bars before the solo bit, on your lesson there are 20, you play bars 5-12 twice, of course my fingers got confused laugh.gif

Cheers mate.

Speak soon.

Hi Phil, this is a version with the part repeated: Attached File  GP_Sex_Pistols.gp5 ( 6.72K ) Number of downloads: 84

Cheers!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 18 2015, 04:35 PM
Thanks Gab,

You have PM

Cheers

This post has been edited by Phil66: Nov 18 2015, 09:39 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 19 2015, 09:55 PM
Ok Gab,

Finally, I've had a great practise session tonight, life is sorting itself out again at last.

On the Slow Blues Lesson HERE the section below is currently giving me trouble but it's just unfamiliarity at the moment. It's getting to the E (I think) chord that's the real tricky one.
I'm also struggling to keep the strum going on the muted parts in the rhythm parts though I notice that Laszlo doesn't do it in the slowed down parts of the lesson.

H Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q
--------------------------------|----------------------------------|
---------------------4----------|-------5--------------6---------|
--2--------2-------------------|----------------------------------|
--0--------0----4---------4---|--5---------5----6---------6----|

|----3----| |----3----|
H Q Q Q H Q Q Q
--0-----------------------|---------------------------|
--8--------x--------------|--8--------x--------------|
--7--------x--------------|--7--------x--------------|
--6--------x--------------|--6--------x--------------|
--7--------x----5----6---|--7--------x--------------|
--------------------------|-----------------3----3----|

The Sex Pistols lesson is getting better, I actually managed to go to the A5 without a silent gap smile.gif. I won't post anything until I'm either stuck or ready for improvement advice if that's ok with you, I don't want to waste your time keep looking at daily takes.

Cheers Gab

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 20 2015, 01:31 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil! Great to know that you are focused and practicing. As always, isolate the tricky part and pay attention to the work that each finger must do. We sometimes do some extra movements that make things more difficult when they aren't.

Keep on the hard work! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 22 2015, 10:16 PM
Hello Gab,

OK I've got the rhythm down up to the solo on the blues lesson at 90% speed. I found that when I play the part below, if I use my first and third fingers for the notes in the 4 4 4, 5 5 5 and 6 6 6 section they are ready for the chord with no finger shuffling. smile.gif

|----3----|       |----3----|    |----3----|     
H Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q
-------------------------------|--------------------------------|
---------------------4---------|-------5--------------6---------|
--2--------2-------------------|--------------------------------|
--0--------0----4---------4----|--5---------5----6---------6----|

|----3----| |----3----|
H Q Q Q H Q Q Q
--0-----------------------|--------------------------|
--8--------x--------------|--8--------x--------------|
--7--------x--------------|--7--------x--------------|
--6--------x--------------|--6--------x--------------|
--7--------x----5----6----|--7--------x--------------|
------

I have come to realise that I am closer to a total beginner with rhythm than I am with solo work, it takes me much much longer to get it under my fingers and as both of my current lessons have rhythm work in them they are going to take some time. I guess over the years of my noodling away wasting many hours going nowhere fast, I haven't really covered much chord/rhythm work. Yet when I watch the video below I seem to be ok, not brilliant by any stretch of the imagination, but ok and relaxed. I wonder why this is so?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vJuBFbHZCA

My VDL Hotbird should be here tomorrow so hopefully I can start to get some decent drive sounds. I'm going to use it for most of my drive sounds and the Boss GT-001 for modulation and special effects in collabs. Once I get used to it that is smile.gif As it has no presets I'll be taking a quick photo of it and saving it in the relevant folder for the project wink.gif

Cheers Gab, as ever I'll continue to do my best fitting guitar in with life. I still really enjoy it even though progress is slow smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 23 2015, 02:23 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil,

yes, this is something that I've also experimented in the past. I remember that I've started playing along with songs by Ramones, Nirvana, Gun's and roses, Maiden, mostly the rhythm parts but as soon as I could get better on soloing I switched to trying to play fast like Malmsteen, Satriani and I stopped practicing rhythm. When I was around 16, I joined a Power/progressive metal band and I released that I was very advanced at soloing but my rhythm needed a lot of training! So I had to practice a lot during those day to become precise when playing fast riffs and rhythms. That's when I discovered how important is to dedicate time to practice rhythm guitar which is what we will play most when playing in a band, unless we have a Steve Vai style solo career...

The video that you've shared is ok, but I can see that you need to keep on practicing this kind of stuff to feel more comfortable and to be able to play everything smoother and groovier. So keep the hard work!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 24 2015, 10:46 PM
The world seems to be against me lately mate. So sorry. I just get things sorted and on track and something else comes to get me.
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=722231

I've tried System Restore and for some reason it won't restore to any restore point I choose. Let's hope it doesn't need a reinstall of windows. Sometimes these silly little things can take drastic measures.

I'll be back,..............again ph34r.gif

Sorry

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 25 2015, 02:13 PM
Instructor
Oh! I'm sorry about it Phil. Don't suffer it. It's part of the journey.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 25 2015, 10:30 PM
Sorry Gab.

I am a total fool!

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=722315

sad.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 26 2015, 09:46 PM
Hello Gab, (There is a post above this one you may miss if you come straight here wink.gif)

Update.

I'm not going to say "I'm back on track" because every time I say that my life takes a roller coaster ride laugh.gif

Working on the Sex Pistols lesson. Struggling with the transition between these two bars.

---------------------------|-----5-----------------|
---------------------------|--------5--------------|
---------------------------|--6--------6--L--------|
--------5--5---------------|-----------------------|
--------------------5--5---|-----------------------|
--3--3--------3--3---------|-----------------------|

And the transition between these two shapes:

E  E  E  E  H           E  E  E  E  H         
-----7-----------------|-----9------------------|
--------7--------------|--------10--------------|
--8--------8--L--------|--9---------9--L--------|
-----------------------|------------------------|

Also working on the Blues lesson too smile.gif

I don't know if you can guide me much on those two pieces of TAB, it's probably just a case of sorting out some fingering shortcuts smile.gif

This rhythm playing is tricky smile.gif

Cheers Gab

This post has been edited by Phil66: Nov 26 2015, 09:47 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 27 2015, 07:05 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil, well at first I recommend you to check my slow videos to see how I deal with this change. Pay attention to what each fingers goes when moving from one shape to the other. Then, record a video doing it and I'll see if I can give any more help, ok?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 30 2015, 10:59 AM
Thanks Gab,
I haven't been around much this weekend but I have been checking your slow videos anyway since starting these two lessons. I notice on the second if the two tab images you bar with the end of your index finger, I tried this and it felt awkward, I have since been trying to use index and second finger. It just dawned on me as I typed the word "bar" that I could bar it the same way as a barre chord, ie all the way across. Sometimes the obvious isn't so obvious eh smile.gif
I'm busy with work stuff tonight (end of month usual, final figures and next month planning) but I'll give it a go.
Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 30 2015, 01:45 PM
Instructor
Ok Phil, please practice it in this way and share a video to let me check how you do it. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 1 2015, 09:51 PM
Hello Gab,

Well, that didn't work smile.gif I'm now forcing my fingers to do it the way you do it, it's a struggle but I will get there. I can't believe how much I am struggling with chord playing, I guess I hadn't really realised how much I had neglected it. Oh well, I guess I just have to practise more on chords than anything else.

I noticed I'm not putting my finger vertical to the fretboard enough on the higher fret and it's muting string next to the one I'm fretting , it's all down to my lack of finger placement accuracy. Those chords the same or similar to the open D shape but obviously much tighter at that end of the neck. I think this is why I am struggling so it's just a matter of training them to do it correctly.

Cheers Gab, stay tooned wink.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Dec 2 2015, 10:20 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 2 2015, 02:00 PM
Instructor
Well, this is not really dramatic, it's cool that you noticed and that the next goal is to become better at chord changes and rhythm. Take your time to practice and feel comfortable with the shapes and fingerings.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 4 2015, 09:18 AM
Hello Gab,

I haven't been wasting time but I have been doing something different, especially this last week, it's all HERE if you want to full details, but basically I've been looking into recording with a mic, I sold a pre '78 Big Muff Pi recently and played through my amp to test it, I haven't played through my amp in ages but it felt so different somehow, so I got a VGL Analogics Hotbird (Ace's pedal) and this week I got a Shure SM57. So even though I haven't been practising as much as I need to I have been learning another area and I have to say, I find it very interesting.

Cheers Gab

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 4 2015, 02:11 PM
Instructor
SM57 never fails! It's really good to dedicate time to learn about recording, mics, and amps. I believe that a complete musician should know about other areas like production, recording and even marketing if they took music as a living.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

161 Pages V  « < 23 24 25 26 27 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 02:21 PM