2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Favorite Lesson
maes
Oct 31 2007, 12:14 PM
GMC:er
whats you favorite lesson?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
If you like it, play it.
If you can play it, enjoy it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Oct 31 2007, 12:56 PM
QUOTE (maes @ Oct 31 2007, 05:14 AM) *

tough question dude...

i dont have any favorite in particular, but i really like these:
  • Paul Gilbert Style Lesson - Muris
  • Neoclassical Solo - Marcus
  • Winding Roads Lesson - Marcus
  • Luca Turilli Style Lesson - Pavel
  • Sweeping Etude - Pavel
  • Kirk Hamett Tricks - Kris

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Spiderusalem
Oct 31 2007, 01:05 PM
I remember being on the fence about joining up. then I saw Marcus's Winding Roads lesson and I was like "OMG I CAN LEARN THAT?"

I like all the lessons on here. Lately I've been really digging Koseis classical lessons

This post has been edited by Spiderusalem: Oct 31 2007, 01:06 PM

--------------------
Equipment: Classical/Jazz hybrid guitar. blunt/black humor.

Success is the best revenge.

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Oct 31 2007, 02:07 PM
Like Spider Marcus's Winding Roads made my jaw drop when i first saw it biggrin.gif .My favorite i would say though has been Marcus =Neoclassical (i think thats what its called).This lesson ,well really all of his lessons have really helped my playing out alot especially vibrato and his style is what im leaning to most on the guitar right now.Although it's tough to pick cause Muris has really started making some killer lessons for a good while now.The Gilbert lesson was amazing.

I remember when i saw his first lesson i thought ''well nothing special'' tongue.gif laugh.gif Sorry Muris nothing personal laugh.gif .But man did he end up proving me wrong like every week since then and he just outdoes himself everytime.I gotta say he is an amazing player that is very well rounded in many styles and that is huge if you wanna be the best.

I've learned stuff from all here and there all great instructor's smile.gif ,just these 2 are the ones that i relate my playin to the most wink.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
Soul_Decision
Oct 31 2007, 02:14 PM
The Neo-classical Solo

--------------------
Push through all barriers.......Never self-limit.........Because there is none

+Quote Post
Zephyr
Oct 31 2007, 02:58 PM
I don't mean to be picking favorites here, but to me, Muris, David, Pavel, and Juan's lessons have been the most helpful. I'm not sure about my favorite lesson, for one thing, do you mean the most helpful or the coolest-sounding lesson?

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Oct 31 2007, 07:01 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
All of Pavel's sweeping lessons, his In the style of Luca Turilli and Rhapsody ones are awesome, Gabriels Megadeth and Iron Maiden ones, Muris' Bb Minor Phrasing one, Marcus' Winding Roads, and pretty much every lesson on here biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Oct 31 2007, 07:19 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (Zephyr @ Oct 31 2007, 01:58 PM) *
I don't mean to be picking favorites here, but to me, Muris, David, Pavel, and Juan's lessons have been the most helpful.

Yup I think thats a good answer, Muris`s lessons are a great inspiration and a huge challenge, but I joined on the strengths of one of Pavels alternate picking exercises, I think its a question of what you are looking for at the time to learn and improve upon, all the instructors have such great lessons I just couldn`t choose.

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Oct 31 2007, 10:16 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Is hard to say which is the favorite lesson , but for sure I can tell what lesson have helped me a lot. Legato and alternate picking by David Walliman and the same by Muris , Three level neoclasical lesson by Markus, Acousitic chord progression by Ben Nissenblatt, in the style of zakk wylde by Gabriel and I have a lot more on my to do list, the only thing I can say is that every day I learn something new. Keep your lessons coming guys!!!

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Oct 31 2007, 10:24 PM
Lets go fishing!
I dont really have a favorite lesson. I have found all the instructors lessons to be of alot of value !

There are literally stacks of potential favorites in the archive i just havent yet completed!!

Due to the nature of my mind, i have spent literally months over a handfull of old lessons refuseing to budge untill there pefect. I havent even had the chance to try one of marcus's awsome solo lessons which im itching to try! smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
ActiveX
Nov 1 2007, 03:24 AM
So many cool lessons...can't really pick one favorite. Right now I'm really enjoying Gabriel's "Megadeth Riffing Lesson". I'm also really liking Pavel's "Heavy Metal for Beginners" series, which have been a great help to me in getting back to speed after not playing for a long time.

+Quote Post
Animosity
Nov 1 2007, 03:43 AM
It has to be Gabriel's first John Frusciante Style lesson! It was the first one I was actually able to play through! biggrin.gif

Other than that, I really LOVE Pavel's Free To Go lessons. Pavel that is the greatest sound I have heard in a long time!

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Nov 1 2007, 03:44 AM

This post has been edited by botoxfox: Apr 21 2011, 10:59 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
1mpr1m1s
Nov 1 2007, 03:45 AM
I agree all of Pavels lessons ,sweeping lessons and Artificial Harmonics lesson and Marcus's Neo Classical lessons & Winding Roads. All Kris's lessons expecially Collection of Sins

This post has been edited by 1mpr1m1s: Nov 1 2007, 03:50 AM

--------------------
My Gear

Guitars: Ibanez Prestige RGR1570 , Epiphone 1966 G-400
Amplifiers: Spider III 75W

Pedals: RP250

Wish list : Better pedal set up. & ESP EC1000

+Quote Post
Ryan
Nov 1 2007, 03:46 AM
I couldnt choose on helpfulness. Because every lesson I learn on here helps me in one way or another. The coolest sounding one though, would be Muris's lesson In the Style of Steve Lukather (I think thats the name) !

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
Kosei Kubota
Nov 2 2007, 01:50 PM
Classical Instructor
QUOTE (Spiderusalem @ Oct 31 2007, 08:05 AM) *
I remember being on the fence about joining up. then I saw Marcus's Winding Roads lesson and I was like "OMG I CAN LEARN THAT?"

I like all the lessons on here. Lately I've been really digging Koseis classical lessons

Thanks, Spiderusalem!

+Quote Post
RobM
Nov 2 2007, 02:43 PM
QUOTE (maes @ Oct 31 2007, 07:14 AM) *

So far my favorite lessons have been Pavel's heavy metal lessons.

--------------------
You wish.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Nov 2 2007, 11:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (RobM @ Nov 2 2007, 02:43 PM) *
So far my favorite lessons have been Pavel's heavy metal lessons.

Cool man, thanks! I'm glad somebody is learning those lessons! smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
dango
Nov 2 2007, 11:45 PM
QUOTE (maes @ Oct 31 2007, 01:14 PM) *

my favourite lesson is Gabriel's 'Neoclassical Alternate Picking Etude' and 'neoclassical sharpnel lesson'. I improved a lot after that. I wasn't good at alternate picking. i tend to do downstroke all the time. but after this lesson I kind of naturally i can do alternate picking.

+Quote Post
Bedlam
Nov 2 2007, 11:49 PM
That's a hard one, every day I have a new favorite!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:28 PM