Remaking Ibanez Gax70
joshl
Aug 11 2008, 08:51 PM
GMC:er
I'm considering remaking my GAX70, (paint, new pups, tuners, etc(, but I have no idea how to wire it. Is there a diagram that would have the complete guitar wiring shown?

Also, if I want to reshape the body, how do I know how far I can go without running into the hollow part of the guitar.

Thanks.

Oh and which of these would fit it http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Electronics,_p...iring_kits.html

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by joshl: Aug 11 2008, 08:51 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JeroenKole
Aug 11 2008, 09:00 PM
That depends on how far you want to go with your body shape. In my experience doing something like that is harder than making a new body, or replacing it. Rewiring can be as hard or easy as you want it. In my experience with rewiring stuff is painfully rewiring wire for wire. that way you won't make mistakes often. That is at least when you go for a similar setup.

But in these cases I Am quite certain that buying a new guitar is cheaper and that this sort of thing should only be done more as a hobby project or if you really want to create your own tone etc.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
kjutte
Aug 11 2008, 09:02 PM
QUOTE (joshl @ Aug 11 2008, 09:51 PM) *
I'm considering remaking my GAX70, (paint, new pups, tuners, etc(, but I have no idea how to wire it. Is there a diagram that would have the complete guitar wiring shown?

Also, if I want to reshape the body, how do I know how far I can go without running into the hollow part of the guitar.

Thanks.

Oh and which of these would fit it http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Electronics,_p...iring_kits.html

Dude, the wires are already connected. you gotta make a diagram of it yourself. it's easy, not many wires.
The pots are called R, so you call them R1 R2 R3 etc.

Just make a diagram of what goes where. Also make sure you label each input and output of the pot.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 11 2008, 10:29 PM
Instructor
If you really need a diagram check it out on their site, but you can wire it yourself I suppose. Also reshaping the body would be a big hassle indeed, how big mod are you planning anyway it would be useful to have some pictures.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:35 PM