Technique For Increasing Speed
fkalich
Aug 28 2007, 12:22 PM
GMC:er
I am always getting ideas from people here (I may not do the same exact thing as y'all, however I get the ideas from people). So I thought I would share one.

I use Rhythm Rascal for my metronome. I primarily have a working speed. But what I also do is create a series of patterns in Rhythm Rascal, where the tempo will increase slowly in steps, to the maximum speed I want to work with. You can do that with the free demo version. You can create whatever series of patterns you like. I am using one that has a certain bpm for 8 bars, then increases 5 bpm, and so on up to the maximum speed I want to work with (12 levels from 120bpm to 180bpm). I set it to repeat, so it is like doing intervals on an exercise machine. I find this helpful. I might work on a one bar section, or a 2 bar section, or even a 4 bar section with this pattern series. Of course you can come up with variations to suit your needs. Rhythm Rascal has a demo version. Unfortunately I don't think it lets you clone patterns with that, but it does not take long to enter them and save that to a file.

edited: typos

I attached the example file I was talking about. I zipped it, the forum program would not allow upload of the extension name on the file. So you have to extract it if you want to look at it in rhythm rascal (or save yourself some typing)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by fkalich: Aug 28 2007, 12:39 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  rhythmRascalPattern.zip ( 6.05K ) Number of downloads: 120

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 02:03 PM