2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Super Bowl Comercials, Big $ marketing, what was your favorite
skennington
Feb 4 2008, 12:47 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
I have to admit at this point the pepsi comercial was pretty funny. "Wake Up People". I think Somebody needs to record some guitar to that song! laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Feb 4 2008, 01:20 AM
Moderation Policy Director
Sleeping Badgers!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Feb 4 2008, 01:21 AM
Moderation Policy Director
ROFL ! Dancing chameleons!!!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
skennington
Feb 4 2008, 01:22 AM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Feb 3 2008, 07:21 PM) *

Me too! that was great.

+Quote Post
JVM
Feb 4 2008, 02:07 AM
Learning Roadie
I liked the screaming squirrel and especially the interrupting shirt stain biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
skennington
Feb 4 2008, 02:12 AM
The Timberlake add was cool, but the squirrels were good as well. I think BUD might take in the second half!

+Quote Post
JVM
Feb 4 2008, 04:24 AM
Learning Roadie
Also I liked the etrade commercials with the baby, and the amp one where the guy hooks the cables up to his nipples tongue.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Feb 4 2008, 04:28 AM
GMC:er
the screaming squirrel one was the best!!

And the etrade baby was runner up for me.

Alot of bad one's I thought though. They should have gave that 2 million dollars to me to buy you guys all new guitar gear tongue.gif.

This post has been edited by Tjchep: Feb 4 2008, 04:28 AM

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
skennington
Feb 4 2008, 04:41 AM
what about the new hyunda? looked sleek. I'm a little disapointed. tjchep, I play jacksons, I would like a neck thru USA made soloist! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Feb 4 2008, 04:45 AM
QUOTE (skennington @ Feb 4 2008, 04:41 AM) *
what about the new hyunda? looked sleek. I'm a little disapointed. tjchep, I play jacksons, I would like a neck thru USA made soloist! tongue.gif

the new hyunda looked like.. not gonna say.. but it looked nice!

Neck thru.. ok custom finish? yay o nay?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Freebird
Feb 4 2008, 05:27 AM
What is Superbowl?? smile.gif Is it a sport, an event?

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Feb 4 2008, 05:36 AM
Its what we "Americans" call football, not the one with the round ball that you guys reffer too it might be caleld soccer but it is..

This sport.

http://www.mpssaa.org/assets/fallsports/fo...ll/football.JPG

--------------------

+Quote Post
Freebird
Feb 4 2008, 05:38 AM
Thanks Tjchep smile.gif So american football = super bowl? And it gets advertized on television?

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Feb 4 2008, 05:43 AM
Hah, yeah american football. Well think of it like the finals for the world cup. Its the finals, the two best teams face off against each other, but instead of every four years it takes place once a year. And the teams are only in the USA not national.

Its huge over here and its on tv alot.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Feb 4 2008, 05:46 AM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (Freebird @ Feb 4 2008, 04:38 AM) *
Thanks Tjchep smile.gif So american football = super bowl? And it gets advertized on television?

Basically the "Superbowl" is the biggest american football event.

The events go, League -> Playoffs -> Superbowl

As you see They are competing from the start to play at the Superbowl with teams being knocked out each time.

I'm not American and will probably be corrected though laugh.gif

edit: Tjchep has already answered lol tongue.gif

This post has been edited by DeepRoots: Feb 4 2008, 05:47 AM

+Quote Post
Freebird
Feb 4 2008, 06:14 AM
Thanks Deeproots ! smile.gif

So it's like "cups" for soccer like Italy Cup, World Cup, Uefa Cup, etc. You have to qualify first to enter and then you may have a chance of winning smile.gif

But I was quite puzzled on the "commercials". They sound lie they're funny ways of getting people to wathc the match. Correct?

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Feb 4 2008, 06:19 AM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (Freebird @ Feb 4 2008, 05:14 AM) *
But I was quite puzzled on the "commercials". They sound lie they're funny ways of getting people to wathc the match. Correct?

Not quite- but funny ways of promoting their product.

The superbowl attracts huge huge amounts of viewers, im not sure but i think it gets the most American ratings in the entire year (no quote there yet sorry tongue.gif)- and i believe the superbowl has a reputation of having some extremely "eye catching" adverts. As soo many people want in on the superbowl slot- products may have to be advertised in just a few short seconds, so the averts have to be stepped up a notch.

Superbowl = Super-advertising tongue.gif

+Quote Post
JVM
Feb 4 2008, 06:23 AM
Learning Roadie
Yes, I think several superbowl games are among the top most viewed television events in history with millions of viewers, which of course makes commercial space very expensive, so the commercials are usually from big companies that can afford it and make a big effort to be memorable. One of the only events that I know of where you can watch, and you can be sure at least some of the commercials will be entertaining too.

--------------------

+Quote Post
swingline
Feb 4 2008, 06:27 AM
QUOTE (JVM @ Feb 3 2008, 07:24 PM) *
Also I liked the etrade commercials with the baby, and the amp one where the guy hooks the cables up to his nipples tongue.gif

Those were my two favorites.

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post
Tuubsu
Feb 5 2008, 12:15 AM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Feb 4 2008, 02:20 AM) *
Sleeping Badgers!!

said by JVM

I liked the screaming squirrel and especially the interrupting shirt stain

Also I liked the etrade commercials with the baby, and the amp one where the guy hooks the cables up to his nipples

said by Tjchep

the new hyunda looked like.. not gonna say.. but it looked nice!

biggrin.gif I haven't got a freaking clue what you guys are talking about biggrin.gif
But it sounds so silly, I'm laughing here laugh.gif

--------------------
Anyone can learn to play fast, like anyone can learn to type quickly. But not everyone can write a book.
- Yngwie J. Malmsteen

Idols:

Jason Becker (ex-Cacophony, ex-David Lee Roth, Solo)
Marty Friedman (ex-Cacophony, ex-Megadeth, Solo)
Niccolo Paganini (Solo)
Eddie Van Halen (Van Halen....Duh!)
Frederic Chopin (Solo)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:16 AM