Allan Holdsworth's Legato
Ben Higgins
Oct 18 2012, 09:44 AM
Instructor
I don't really like Jazz Fusion because it's just creepy lift music. But I'll suffer the lift music just to listen to the man's incredible, out of this world legato and whilst I do so, realise that I've got a lot of work to do... cool.gif

I noticed he uses the same kind of vibrato I do. Or I should say, I use the same kind of vibrato he does... I never even knew that ! biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Oct 18 2012, 05:26 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Nice... his legato sounds insane! He has a funny way of reminding me I need to practice more. biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by DeGroot: Oct 18 2012, 05:26 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 18 2012, 06:28 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Oct 18 2012, 05:26 PM) *
Nice... his legato sounds insane! He has a funny way of reminding me I need to practice more. biggrin.gif

It is insane indeed. Made me practise today for quite a long time ! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Oct 19 2012, 07:21 AM
Instructor
Man he is ridiculous! I saw him at baked potato and he is amazing!!! Thank for sharing!!!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 19 2012, 10:02 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Oct 19 2012, 07:21 AM) *
Man he is ridiculous! I saw him at baked potato and he is amazing!!! Thank for sharing!!!

He could probably bake a potato with the power of his legato ! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
BTrian
Oct 19 2012, 01:40 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 18 2012, 08:44 AM) *
I don't really like Jazz Fusion because it's just creepy lift music.

careful with that one,
muuuuch stuff fitting in that genre and also plenty that would blow a lift to pieces.

anyways nice vid, still hate myself for missing the holdsworth band in my town this year dry.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 19 2012, 02:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (BTrian @ Oct 19 2012, 01:40 PM) *
careful with that one,

It is a bit weird though isn't it ?

For example, if somebody walked in on my whilst I was listening to jazz fusion I would feel like I had to explain myself, for some reason ! laugh.gif

"Err, I was just listening to the guitar.. don't think I'm into these weird chords and notes..."

+Quote Post
Andre Nieri
Oct 19 2012, 05:48 PM
GMC:er
I love fusion and Holdsworth is one of my biggest influences…... this guy can play the hell of a guitar!

This post has been edited by Andre Nieri: Oct 19 2012, 05:50 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
llibach
Oct 19 2012, 09:13 PM
Learning Rock Star
H is amazing but I just can't stand his tone it's too weird.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 20 2012, 08:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (llibach @ Oct 19 2012, 09:13 PM) *
H is amazing but I just can't stand his tone it's too weird.

It is quite bizarre isn't it. He always aimed to emulate something like a horn or sax.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:23 AM