Blues Settings Help, blues amp and guitar set up
Jamesito
Feb 23 2008, 04:38 PM
GMC:er
Hi guys,

I have a Epi Les paul custom and a Marshall MG30 DFX amp. I have recently taken an intrest in playing the blues. I would like to know if anybody knows any good settings on the guitar or amp for making a more bluesy tone to my playing, I can put a lot of passion into the playing but the tone really lets me down, it sounds too dark sometimes. I know blues covers many tones but I would like a almost BB King style tone, slow and Controlled.

I know this is a vey general question, but i would appreciate anybody elses insight on this

Jamesito

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 23 2008, 06:08 PM
Instructor
BB usually plays on a vintage tube Fender amp. Suprisingly, judging by the fullnes of its tone one would say that he uses very heavy gauge and trebly EQ, but that isn't the case, BB uses light strings, and normal EQ settings. in reality his fingers sing the song.I would play BB on that solid state Marshall like this: Overdrive channel, volume - 10 , drive - 2, bass - 4, treble - 7.

I must say on top of that that most of the Tone is in the fingers my friend which means that a character of your tone largely depends how well you press the strings, move your hands, micro moves of the fretting hand and right hand etc..

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Jamesito
Feb 23 2008, 06:33 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Feb 23 2008, 05:08 PM) *
BB usually plays on a vintage tube Fender amp. Suprisingly, judging by the fullnes of its tone one would say that he uses very heavy gauge and trebly EQ, but that isn't the case, BB uses light strings, and normal EQ settings. in reality his fingers sing the song.I would play BB on that solid state Marshall like this: Overdrive channel, volume - 10 , drive - 2, bass - 4, treble - 7.

I must say on top of that that most of the Tone is in the fingers my friend which means that a character of your tone largely depends how well you press the strings, move your hands, micro moves of the fretting hand and right hand etc..

Thanks Ivan,

I´m going to try the settings and record a version of your BB King style lesson and maybe you can give me some advice on how to improve it. Great blues lessons by the way! I wish i could play that good and get such a natural sound!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 23 2008, 11:03 PM
Instructor
Thanks man. Practice makes perfect! Be sure to pay attention to all the small finesses and details from the videos. I'll be happy to comment your upload! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 12:53 AM