Question About Scale Diagrams
edguy
Jun 8 2009, 10:11 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi Lian,

first of all i want to say how much i Like your lessons. They are great. I want to improve my Metal Rhythm playing that I'm able to create my own Riffs in the future. So i think the How to riff Series is a good starting point. What i discovered is that you scale diagrams are posted in the standard tuning right? But your guitar is tuned down half step? How do i look about scales when my guitar is tuned down? Should i look at the standard scale diagramms or should i move up every note a half step and build new pictures in my head?

Greetz Edguy

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My gear:
Schecter Blackjack ATX FR
Ibanez SA 220 Fm
Line 6 POD HD (Desktop)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Canis
Jun 8 2009, 11:14 AM
Learning Rock Star
Sorry to hijack Lian's thread, but you can see all kind of scales and tweak them as you like on this site smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
edguy
Jun 8 2009, 11:28 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Canis @ Jun 8 2009, 12:14 PM) *
Sorry to hijack Lian's thread, but you can see all kind of scales and tweak them as you like on this site smile.gif

Hey Canis thanks for your answer.i knew this site already. The intention of my question was is there a special reason why Lian post the scale diagramm in standard tuning and not a half step down?

--------------------
My gear:
Schecter Blackjack ATX FR
Ibanez SA 220 Fm
Line 6 POD HD (Desktop)

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jun 15 2009, 02:15 PM
Instructor
hi man smile.gif
well the reason is quite simple: it´s easier. wink.gif
I post scales in standard tuning with the note "Guitar Tune: Down 1/2 step" so, in this way, you only have to learn one scale in place of 2.
so, I´ve learned every scale in this way, ´cause it´s a common language among many musicians.
another example:
in my band, all musicians tune 1/2 down. (keyboard includes)
so, on a keyboard, when you play a note, let´s say DO (note C) you can´t call it Cb, you know what I mean. it would be very confusing XD
so, that´s the reason, hope you got me tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Lian Gerbino: Jun 15 2009, 02:16 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:31 PM