> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

18 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > »   
Mad's Mad Rhythm Corner
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 15 2013, 08:31 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Sep 14 2013, 10:33 PM) *
OK - now is tomorrow biggrin.gif
I tried to play joes solo and it was impossible for me to play in sync with him especially that intro part where he does this pause after the 5th note.. everytime I started to play early or late mad.gif . Until I started to rebuild the melody in my head while playing, and bam! Got it right everytime biggrin.gif
Cool experience rolleyes.gif - so I use my inner voice if I can't sing it out loud in the future wink.gif

Good night..

Great to hear that Marc - but there's one more thing at work here mate - have you also tried counting, in respect to where you begin? It's always good to understand on which beat you have to enter biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mad
Sep 15 2013, 08:54 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 15 2013, 07:31 PM) *
Great to hear that Marc - but there's one more thing at work here mate - have you also tried counting, in respect to where you begin? It's always good to understand on which beat you have to enter biggrin.gif

Believe it or not - I tried that.. but without any good result, because that beginning phrase starts somewhere between 2 beats but not on the 'and' - so it was more confusing for me.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 15 2013, 09:03 PM
Instructor
About the recordings:

The Neoclassic solo could score a 9 in the REC zone right now - as you only overpushed a bend at 0:44 - that's what I can notice at this hour tongue.gif

The Disturbed lesson - around 0:43 you rushed a bit tongue.gif at 01:09 you played something else biggrin.gif dunno where it came from but it was definitely unexpected biggrin.gif at 01:15 there was another mistake and in general, you should make the palm muting sound a bit more loose - notice how in my take it is not so abrupt? And in the verse part, the vibrato note should be a bit more wide

Otherwise you have done a good job mate - keep at it, aye?

+Quote Post
mad
Sep 16 2013, 09:49 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Thanks Cos!

I'll do another take for the neoclassic lesson today and will see if it's better.. if not, I'll just leave it as it is.. time to focus on the other 'lesson' this week smile.gif

I've got the 75% backing for the Disturbed lesson and work on that speed this week until I get a perfect one, then I'm going to speed up..

conclusion video: you're right, it's a whole lot of work tongue.gif BUT: I think it's the best way to show that the theory part is always learned properly and I can use it in action smile.gif
So my idea for the conclusion video 'soloing over major chords - the ionian scale' is this:
- short introduction
- show/play the patterns learned that can be used to play over major chords
- play improvisation using the backing provided in the theory page for that topic (playing over C,D,E,A,G chord)
- explain joes solo-idea (no 4th...) and play the solo.

And finally - if you think that's a video that can someone else here can use to learn something out of - you may post it in the other thread.
What do you think?

META-video will be done in the next 3 days wink.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 17 2013, 08:21 AM
Instructor
I think you rock biggrin.gif That's what I think biggrin.gif

Mate, this could be an amazing experience both for you and every other GMC member, so I salute your initiative and I also think that the video is structured excellently, so if it's not too much trouble, go ahead and we can do this routine for every mode so that at the end you will have a great bag of tricks regarding improvising lead lines with modes - how does that sound?

+Quote Post
mad
Sep 17 2013, 08:36 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hehehe I wish, but thanks tongue.gif

Well, the explanations are no problem - the problem is improvising (as always) - can't find anything nice to play. That's finally where I want to go though, but it's still very hard, even when it should be more than simple.
Maybe for the current conclusion-vid I just play the arpeggios/scales or pattern over the corresponding chords.. sad.gif

And as today is rhythm day..
Here's my progress on the Disturbed-lesson:
Attached File  DisturbedProgress.mp3 ( 3.89MB ) Number of downloads: 86

Need more endurance for this one.. that verse riff is quite hard to play constantly clean when adding those small octave-vibratos. One or two blurrs, 0:38 timing problem and that vibrato you mentioned still needs to be wider. Did I forget something? sad.gif

This post has been edited by mad: Sep 17 2013, 10:00 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 18 2013, 09:42 AM
Instructor
The verse part sounds better, but yeah, that vibrato needs to be wider and not choked wink.gif Also, watch out at the chorus, as you hit the open strings too hard and they sound a bit out of tune.

It's just a matter of time and practice as I see it, so don't worry wink.gif

About the video - start small smile.gif as you said, record the patterns and arpeggios and try to come up with a simple theme for starting out smile.gif One that will feel complementary to patterns, it can even be based on them. But it has to be one which you hear in your head, not complex or fast, it just has to be yours smile.gif Deal? Try it and we'll take it from there - as I said, a 10000 miles journey begins with a single step, but you need to take that step wink.gif

+Quote Post
mad
Sep 18 2013, 10:03 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
So practice I will tongue.gif

As today is articulation-day, I restarted my work on Crystallize again. By now I can play the first minute.. there is a part with string skipping. Never worked on that, so this needs some clearance but man, that's so much fun to play smile.gif

Video.. I'm definately not able to improvise over that backing.. it just doesn't matter what I play when using the first triad pattern, everything sounds awful.. and there's nothing I can hear in my head for this one. Normally when I hear a backing track I have something in mind that I can play over it (even if it's not that good - e.g. my direction-finding problem). But with this one I can just play the patterns and arpeggios up and down biggrin.gif but nothing else..

Maybe I do my own one..

So this week I'll stick with the theory learned so far from my first week and prepare some improvisations over a different backing.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 19 2013, 08:35 AM
Instructor
Hey Marc - sometimes, a track doesn't inspire us to build something on it - I know what you mean smile.gif

If you are willing to build one - make a short one - max 1 minute wink.gif My goal here is to build your coherence over short distances and expand it as you gather experience. There's no point in trying to tell a long story, if you can express yourself with just 3-4 phrases.

So, make the conclusion vid as you thought and what if you would use the backing found in this link for the impro? Does it feel more inspiring?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=565889

+Quote Post
mad
Sep 19 2013, 08:59 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
That's it!! I just listened a few secs and started to build something useful biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 20 2013, 08:41 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Sep 19 2013, 07:59 AM) *
That's it!! I just listened a few secs and started to build something useful biggrin.gif

Happy to hear that Marc, share if you care biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
mad
Sep 23 2013, 10:25 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hey sword master smile.gif

Short update: I recorded the audio/video parts for all examples for the conclusion vid, just need to record the spoken part again, will do this in the next 2 days.
The next presentations will be up faster then wink.gif

Needed a few days without hearing/playing music.. don't know why, but regardless what I tried - it was just horrible..

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 23 2013, 10:54 PM
Instructor
Aye mate - no rushing smile.gif The idea is that when I don't feel the connection with the guitar, I connect with my sword or something else smile.gif or with myself. It's good to break the contact with it. That's why I always recommend - one day a week, no guitar smile.gif It's just like in a relationship, you need to be away from someone to miss them

+Quote Post
mad
Sep 25 2013, 11:46 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Well, maybe I should start going to the gym again just to do something else in my own spare time - other than guitar wink.gif

Anyway, here is another recording for the Disturbed lesson.
Attached File  Take2509.mp3 ( 3.81MB ) Number of downloads: 162

Still need to get that octave-riff tight and the vibrato on the 1st fret must be heavier, too..
As this is just rhythm guitar I recorded twice and panned 70% L/R

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 26 2013, 11:06 AM
Instructor
Never ever say that! My mates were VERY impressed with your take on Meta, as well as the guy working at Universal Records that takes care of our digital distribution. So I think you are on the good path!

I think this lesson only needs a bit more practice and it's good to go in the REC zone - haven't heard anything that has drawn my attention - and that means it's ok biggrin.gif

Focus on that vibrato there and the octaves and that should be it - panning is also a great idea! How's that Ionian improv going, btw?

+Quote Post
mad
Sep 26 2013, 11:30 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Ok, as promised smile.gif here's my conclusion video for the theory part..

Well, as you can see - that's my first explanation video. So it doesn't look that 'natural'.. the more vids I do the better they get, I hope wink.gif

I think this one should be the next:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=49755

What lesson would you recommend?

And thanks for supporting my cover of META biggrin.gif was lot's of fun to make it biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 26 2013, 10:06 AM) *
Never ever say that! My mates were VERY impressed with your take on Meta, as well as the guy working at Universal Records that takes care of our digital distribution. So I think you are on the good path!

Oh no - I didn't mean replacing guitar completely biggrin.gif , just 'connecting' with something different other than making music (when having a non-guitar-day) - as you say wink.gif

But thanks! Good to know biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by mad: Sep 26 2013, 11:31 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 27 2013, 10:22 AM
Instructor
WOW!

Mate - that was amazing! You are thorough and hard working - I think you have understood VERY important aspects and you have with you a few concepts with which you can build further - now it's all just a matter of exploring smile.gif Things will come in time! I will come back with a video to talk to you about this a bit, because the next level is the one at which you are stuck - the catchy line building. You already played some cool ideas, but you need to find the courage to express yourself and let the music speak instead of the scales - that only comes with A LOT of experimenting.

Regarding the next topic - after you have read the theory, you should take a look over this one - it will give you a grasp on phrasing in the Lydian context wink.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...asing-beginner/

+Quote Post
mad
Sep 27 2013, 03:29 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Thanks biggrin.gif
I'll keep up the hard work and will try to explore and put some time into it.. but yes, it would be cool to have some direction and your videos are always very helpful, can't wait to see and learn from it smile.gif

Muris' lesson is absolutely what I need not only to learn something lydianish but to develope my articulation, so I'm thrilled to get to it!
As this is a level 2 lesson I think all instructors are judging quite hard, maybe we could discuss it here before I post it to the REC section.. this must be a 10! biggrin.gif

Tomorrow I'll visit a guitar workshop with this guy here:

I'm thrilled about this, too smile.gif

+Quote Post
mad
Sep 27 2013, 09:59 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
I have a hard time to play this:
Attached Image

playing those notes with my pinky on these adjacent strings sounds like I'm a total guitar newbie biggrin.gif
Any tips how to practice it properly? Maybe I'm doing something wrong huh.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 28 2013, 02:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Sep 27 2013, 02:29 PM) *
Thanks biggrin.gif
I'll keep up the hard work and will try to explore and put some time into it.. but yes, it would be cool to have some direction and your videos are always very helpful, can't wait to see and learn from it smile.gif

Muris' lesson is absolutely what I need not only to learn something lydianish but to develope my articulation, so I'm thrilled to get to it!
As this is a level 2 lesson I think all instructors are judging quite hard, maybe we could discuss it here before I post it to the REC section.. this must be a 10! biggrin.gif

Tomorrow I'll visit a guitar workshop with this guy here:

I'm thrilled about this, too smile.gif

Wow! Amazing playing and such a beautiful tone! Great to know that you are going to such a workshop, mate! Anyway, I am glad you like my suggestion and regarding that lick - another video will be here today. I'm going to eat something and then I'll shoot for you! smile.gif

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:49 PM