2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Hey Guys - First Post!, New staff board
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 5 2007, 04:53 PM
GMC Founder
HeY!

The idea behind this board is for us (the staff!) to have a place to chat about whatever we want - without having the eyes of the world on us...!

It actually feel s a little wierd writing here to you guys - as we previously only have had individual email contact... However this struck me as a cool feature as we somewhat are in the same boat.

Kris biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Henrik Skotth
Jun 6 2007, 08:37 AM
GMC Tech & Community Manager
Nice!

Now, everybody say "hi" so that we know that everyone that should have access does! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Tech manager @ GMC

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jun 6 2007, 10:28 AM
Instructor
Hi! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 6 2007, 11:05 AM
GMC Founder
Hi!

edit: I have access biggrin.gif wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 6 2007, 01:46 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jun 6 2007, 06:05 AM) *
Hi!

edit: I have access biggrin.gif wink.gif

G'day mates! Good idea - now we can have staff meetings just like the teachers ar school smile.gif

This post has been edited by Andrew Cockburn: Jun 6 2007, 01:47 PM

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Jun 6 2007, 02:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jun 6 2007, 02:46 PM) *
G'day mates! Good idea - now we can have staff meetings just like the teachers ar school smile.gif

Hehe... that's cool, I like it! smile.gif

Btw - great idea Kris!

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 6 2007, 02:52 PM
GMC Founder
biggrin.gif

We got to have some privileges as teachers...right?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 6 2007, 04:43 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jun 6 2007, 09:52 AM) *
biggrin.gif

We got to have some privileges as teachers...right?

Exactly smile.gif

--------------------

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Ben Howell
Jun 6 2007, 10:21 PM
Jazz/Fusion Instructor
Hello!

Wow, very exclusive! biggrin.gif

Ben

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 8 2007, 02:25 PM
Nothing from David, Sean or DavidO yet? Maybe its too exclusive smile.gif

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
Ben Howell
Jun 8 2007, 02:46 PM
Jazz/Fusion Instructor
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jun 8 2007, 02:25 PM) *
Nothing from David, Sean or DavidO yet? Maybe its too exclusive smile.gif

Just as a thought,

How about the idea of some kind of 'light' next to each new post in the forum??

It would be alot easier to track the new posts, wouldnt you thnik?

This forum is fantastic anyway, but just as an idea?

Ben

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 8 2007, 03:03 PM
QUOTE (benhowell @ Jun 8 2007, 09:46 AM) *
Just as a thought,

How about the idea of some kind of 'light' next to each new post in the forum??

It would be alot easier to track the new posts, wouldnt you thnik?

This forum is fantastic anyway, but just as an idea?

Ben

That's what the little orange squares are (next to the individual new posts)- plus there is a link for "View New Posts" that will pull up each new post since you clicked on the other link "Mark all forums as read and return to index" - its a white link near the top of the page after you have used the view new posts function. Together, they make keeping track of the posts a lot easier. I remember a post a couple of months back were Kris spotted this for the first time after a year of using the forum smile.gif

This post has been edited by Andrew Cockburn: Jun 8 2007, 03:05 PM

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
Ben Howell
Jun 8 2007, 03:16 PM
Jazz/Fusion Instructor
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jun 8 2007, 03:03 PM) *
That's what the little orange squares are (next to the individual new posts)- plus there is a link for "View New Posts" that will pull up each new post since you clicked on the other link "Mark all forums as read and return to index" - its a white link near the top of the page after you have used the view new posts function. Together, they make keeping track of the posts a lot easier. I remember a post a couple of months back were Kris spotted this for the first time after a year of using the forum smile.gif

LOL o dear Ben blink.gif

I see now!

I did wonder, as this is a very flashy and clever forum, why that would be missing.....but it isnt!!!

unsure.gif

Ben

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 8 2007, 03:39 PM
QUOTE (benhowell @ Jun 8 2007, 10:16 AM) *
LOL o dear Ben blink.gif

I see now!

I did wonder, as this is a very flashy and clever forum, why that would be missing.....but it isnt!!!

unsure.gif

Ben

smile.gif

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
Ben Howell
Jun 8 2007, 03:55 PM
Jazz/Fusion Instructor
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jun 8 2007, 03:39 PM) *
smile.gif

Actually, when you post this post just now, no orange square did appear, it was just blue like normal...hmm

This post has been edited by benhowell: Jun 8 2007, 03:55 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 8 2007, 03:57 PM
QUOTE (benhowell @ Jun 8 2007, 10:55 AM) *
Actually, when you post this post just now, no orange square did appear, it was just blue like normal...hmm

It should be next to the topic title - you either need to have used the search function, or just go into one of the forums.

Do you have cookies enabled in your browser?

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
Ben Howell
Jun 8 2007, 04:11 PM
Jazz/Fusion Instructor
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jun 8 2007, 03:57 PM) *
It should be next to the topic title - you either need to have used the search function, or just go into one of the forums.

Do you have cookies enabled in your browser?

Ah i see, you have to go into the sub-forum. Gotcha. Thanks Andrew.

Are there any plans to do this for the main forum page?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 8 2007, 04:24 PM
QUOTE (benhowell @ Jun 8 2007, 11:11 AM) *
Ah i see, you have to go into the sub-forum. Gotcha. Thanks Andrew.

Are there any plans to do this for the main forum page?

I think that the icons for the individual forums appear greyed out if there are no new posts, but I'm not sure - doesn;t always seem to work. In any case I just use View New Posts all the time now.

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 8 2007, 07:23 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jun 8 2007, 05:24 PM) *
I think that the icons for the individual forums appear greyed out if there are no new posts, but I'm not sure - doesn;t always seem to work. In any case I just use View New Posts all the time now.

The little icons to the left with a weirdo guitarist wearing shades (), should turn grey when all posts of that forum have been read. I know Pavel reported a problem with this - but it works for me.

smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jun 8 2007, 07:37 PM
Instructor
Kris it's ok - it works for me now - i mean - you don't want to know the "problem" i had - so sorry about bothering you the other day - it never was a problem! biggrin.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:39 AM