Song Lesson Request, Paul Gilbert
zen
May 25 2011, 02:36 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Guys, technical difficulties got mentioned in another thread and I remembered how much I loved this track.

Can someone please commit to making a lesson for it? Especially the bits in the middle where all the fun is happening smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
zen
May 26 2011, 02:46 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
No takers? Is it an unreasonable request ??

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
May 26 2011, 03:07 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (zen @ May 26 2011, 02:46 AM) *
No takers? Is it an unreasonable request ??

hey zen, I love this as well
and that part that gets crazy I can't find the tab for ,but the rest of the song , is out there
at a place that I first saw cris, no I am not going to plug a guitar tab web site , and I don't think it is laugh.gif
any way that is were I found a pretty good tab

and good shootin

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 26 2011, 10:45 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (zen @ May 25 2011, 02:36 PM) *
Guys, technical difficulties got mentioned in another thread and I remembered how much I loved this track.

Can someone please commit to making a lesson for it? Especially the bits in the middle where all the fun is happening smile.gif

Okay, Zsolt.. over to you !!! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
zen
May 26 2011, 11:22 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ May 26 2011, 07:45 PM) *
Okay, Zsolt.. over to you !!! tongue.gif

Well played Sir.. nice handball laugh.gif

Zsolt or even Daniel's technique comes to mind since he did scarified smile.gif

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ May 26 2011, 12:07 PM) *
hey zen, I love this as well
and that part that gets crazy I can't find the tab for ,but the rest of the song , is out there
at a place that I first saw cris, no I am not going to plug a guitar tab web site , and I don't think it is laugh.gif
any way that is were I found a pretty good tab

and good shootin

Hey mate .. Yep , i remember those days smile.gif
Thanks.. will check out the tabs. I usually dont follow them and just go by ear. But sometimes things are just too fast for me to understand what really is going on.
But tabs are nothing compared to awesome instructors who can probably nail this piece easily smile.gif

--------------------

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
maharzan
May 29 2011, 10:18 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
I thought this was already done by someone before and removed due to copyrights?

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
zen
May 29 2011, 11:02 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (maharzan @ May 29 2011, 07:18 PM) *
I thought this was already done by someone before and removed due to copyrights?

Hmm, not sure about that..

Hopefully someone will fill this request smile.gif

--------------------

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 29 2011, 11:08 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (zen @ May 29 2011, 11:02 AM) *
Hmm, not sure about that..

Hopefully someone will fill this request smile.gif

Yeah, if I had the picking technique I'd have a go.. but by the time I can pick like PG you'll be able to play this song anyway !! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
zen
May 30 2011, 05:26 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ May 29 2011, 08:08 PM) *
Yeah, if I had the picking technique I'd have a go.. but by the time I can pick like PG you'll be able to play this song anyway !! tongue.gif

Pfft .. You're too modest. smile.gif

Do instructors get paid the same for a normal lesson as compared to a song lesson?
Is there more effort to put up a song lesson, coz the notes have to be spoken out? Or is it simpler as the notes just have to be spoken out?

GMC has a good selection of song lessons but it can be improved. There is a huge demand for such stuff out there.
Would be interesting to hear Kris's thoughts if this is something that is planned in the 'fresh breeze' at GMC. smile.gif

--------------------

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 30 2011, 09:44 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (zen @ May 30 2011, 05:26 AM) *
Is there more effort to put up a song lesson, coz the notes have to be spoken out? Or is it simpler as the notes just have to be spoken out?

In my humble opinion, it's more difficult to do a cover lesson, especially a solo because of the reason you said.. and especially if it's a loooong solo with lots of twiddly twiddly notes !! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
zen
May 30 2011, 10:10 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ May 30 2011, 06:44 PM) *
In my humble opinion, it's more difficult to do a cover lesson, especially a solo because of the reason you said.. and especially if it's a loooong solo with lots of twiddly twiddly notes !! tongue.gif

yea, I agree. That would be quite frustrating. smile.gif

--------------------

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 08:18 AM