Yet Another New Guitar Day!, Gibson Les Paul
Praetorian
Jul 14 2010, 03:26 AM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
Ok...I have been gassing hard for a Les Paul and I finally found this one on www.chrisguitars.com I live very close to Chris and was able to see it in person first. It is a 1995 Gibson Les Paul Studio, Wine Red with Gold hardware. It has some nicks and scuffs, typical of a 15 year old guitar but nothing major. Still getting used to the Les Paul shape and thick neck, but it plays great!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
kahall
Jul 14 2010, 03:29 AM
Learning Roadie
I like it.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Jul 14 2010, 03:45 AM
Learning Rock Star
Nice guitar man !!! I would love to get one of those.

--------------------

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Jul 14 2010, 04:58 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Awesome guitar man! I love it!

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
Fran
Jul 14 2010, 03:28 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Great axe, may it serve you well smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Jul 14 2010, 04:38 PM
Instructor
woaa 15 years smile.gif, lovely!

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jul 14 2010, 04:42 PM
Learning Tone Master
Beautiful!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 14 2010, 04:49 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Cool aquisition there Ben! Hope you can get used to the style. Unfortunately for me, I couldn't. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 14 2010, 10:12 PM
Instructor
Woow, that's beautiful LP Studio man, congratulations! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Jul 23 2010, 06:11 AM
Instructor
Congrats, looks very nice! smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jul 23 2010, 02:29 PM
Instructor
awesome guitar!!! but, I cannot say the same from the pink case LOL!!!
congrats wink.gif

+Quote Post
zen
Jul 24 2010, 05:48 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Sweet smile.gif

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jul 24 2010, 07:14 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Have a happy honeymoon! wink.gif

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Jul 24 2010, 10:11 AM
Learning Tone Master
I love that finish, congrats smile.gif

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Jul 24 2010, 04:28 PM
This is going to sound crazy...but I already am getting rid of the Gibson! After playing it A LOT over the last 11 days, I realized that I just cannot stand the body shape. Everytime I reach for the mouse to either reset the backing track, or click on the next video, the guitar wants to fall off my lap body side first. The headstock actually swung up and clocked me in the head once! I had to catch the guitar so it didn't fall to the floor. I really like the sound...I really like the feel...but just can't come to terms with the body. I think it would be great to play standing up...but I always play sitting down. Believe me...nobody wants to hear me up on a stage! tongue.gif

The GOOD news is...I have an even swap setup with a guy who has an '07 Ibanez Prestige RG2550E!

--------------------
Ben

Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Fran
Jul 24 2010, 04:57 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
I understand what you mean, when I've tried some Gibson LP Standards at my local shop I always feel as if they are going to fall, maybe it's because I'm used to the strat & in¡banez which are so well balanced, they just sit right there in your lap and don't ever move.

Then again I only tried LPs for a few minutes, so i don't really know if they would actually fall when playing sitting down, but your story certainly made me remember my short time playing them. They are beautiful guitars nonetheless and I know I'll get one some day, but their thick neck, uncomfortable high fret access (compared to strats/ibanez and SGs) and weight makes me wonder if it will ever be the right axe for me smile.gif

I'm sure you'll love that 2550 man wink.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Jul 24 2010, 06:39 PM
GMC:er
Most Les Pauls are really light. Every Gibson USA Les Paul between 1982 - 2007 is weight-relieved, 2007+ is chambered. This took me some time to get use to for originally playing a much heavier guitar. It's better playing standing up (well balanced, but light enough to hold sideways 'or even over your head' and rip out solos, lol), but you do get use to it sitting down (feel light body, the neck can flip around easily), just be be really careful when you start playing it at first, I too nearly swung the neck around, but now I feel it's fine. I don't know... you get use to the light feel after a while - I never do that anymore.

Mine is a Double Cut Standard 98 with 24 frets, so a little more neck heavily but I love it, it's neck access and playing is a dream compared to others I've tried, super easy to access even to the highest 24th frets.

The only issue I've ever had with it, is it has the classic '57/'59s pickups in, it sounds too sweet and smooth! Great for blues and rocks, but the pickups can't really attack metal and needs something 'hotter', so getting new pickups for it - fingers crossed.

Tone: Perfect for rock/blues with no hum (just a bit vintage blues/rock rather than screaming metal)
Weight: Light (good well balance for standing up, takes time to get use to sitting, all except for the SG which feel heavier and more balanced at sitting)
Body: Excellent (for the 24th fret Double Cut, a bit more neck weight, but way more access, the best body shape I've ever used - standard cut has less access high frets but a nice neck still)

I would suggest going with a different guitar for more metal screaming attack depending on how you like to play, but if you play smooth rock/blues I would say nothing can beat the gibson. If I can get both worlds with new pickups, it would be by far the best guitar I've played.

Sorry to hear it didn't work out for ya, let me know how the '07 Ibanez Prestige RG2550E is, looks like a sweet axe as well. You should be able to play everything from Classical to extreme Death metal on her!

This post has been edited by Azzaboi: Jul 24 2010, 07:14 PM

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Jul 24 2010, 08:30 PM
I really am disappointed that it didn't work. I really do like Les Pauls, they just aren't suited for me. I lloved the man Les Paul! If you haven't seen "Chasing Sound" rent it right away and watch it! He had the smoothest tone you have ever heard!

--------------------
Ben

Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jul 24 2010, 09:02 PM
Learning Tone Master

I can't believe you are getting rid of a guitar that looks great, plays great ,feels great and over all sounds great just because of the body shape that you have not been getting used to yet? Seriously?

KEEP THE LES PAUL

This post has been edited by ZakkWylde: Jul 24 2010, 09:03 PM

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Jul 24 2010, 11:01 PM
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Jul 24 2010, 04:02 PM) *
I can't believe you are getting rid of a guitar that looks great, plays great ,feels great and over all sounds great just because of the body shape that you have not been getting used to yet? Seriously?

KEEP THE LES PAUL

Not a chance. I have really come to dislike it. When I first tried it, I felt the same thing...but figured I would get used to it. It just isn't happening. Honestly, if I kept it, it would sit in the case and I would play something else.

--------------------
Ben

Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:14 PM