How To Get The Webcam To Record From Guitar Rig Directly
sumitnxt
Jul 28 2013, 06:38 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
i am trying to figure out how to get my webcam to record directly from Guiat Rig. Currently i have to manualy sync the audio and video.
i have the focusrite scarlet 2i2 audio interface. If possible i don't want to use a mic.
When i see the recording sources in webcam I see either the laptop mic or the line in from focusrite audio interface. I choose line in from focusrite. The guitar recording happens but the effects from guitar rig don't get recorded.

Please suggest.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by sumitnxt: Jul 28 2013, 06:48 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jul 28 2013, 07:29 AM
Learning Roadie
The problem is that you actually want to record the output of the Focusrite not the input.

I think syncing is still probably the best way

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Jul 28 2013, 07:33 AM
Learning Rock Star
I've been wondering about the same thing for a while. I have an M-Audio Fast Track. There must be a way to capture the output of the DAW into the video. Maybe Stereo Mix?

--------------------

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Jul 28 2013, 07:37 AM
ok thanks, smile.gif

i just bought the focusrite. my first audio interface. There is one difference i find compared to the normal computer and laptop soundcards. The sound i get by connecting my 2.1 speaker system to the line out of audio interface is much lower in volume and has much less bass compared to the laptop soundcard . Is this normal ? Is it because they are meant to be connected to studio monitors only ?

This post has been edited by sumitnxt: Jul 28 2013, 07:38 AM

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Jul 28 2013, 07:58 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (sumitnxt @ Jul 28 2013, 04:37 PM) *
ok thanks, smile.gif

i just bought the focusrite. my first audio interface. There is one difference i find compared to the normal computer and laptop soundcards. The sound i get by connecting my 2.1 speaker system to the line out of audio interface is much lower in volume and has much less bass compared to the laptop soundcard . Is this normal ? Is it because they are meant to be connected to studio monitors only ?

Not necessarily. I have a laptop too, and I can say that the onboard sound card on any laptop is horrible. I don't use studio one monitors, I just use regular stereo system speakers. Here's what I can suggest:

• Firstly, I'd try using a different cable/lead.
  • Use headphones to see if it's the speakers.
  • Look at the settings in the Focusrite driver (probably somewhere in Control Panel or the system tray). Maybe you could increase the buffer size, and see where it takes you.

I'm sure it can be fixed, Focusrite is a good company and I wouldn't imagine that kind of sound being normal smile.gif

This post has been edited by Taka Perry: Jul 28 2013, 07:59 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Jul 28 2013, 08:26 AM
Update -
the problem of bass from focusrite was fixed by changing the cables and Y connector
Thanks a lot TakePerry

This post has been edited by sumitnxt: Jul 28 2013, 10:00 AM

+Quote Post
dcz702
Jul 28 2013, 11:12 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
hey man, when i joined i had the same question. it turned into a very informative topic heres the link
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=48126

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 28 2013, 03:51 PM
Instructor
Just wrote in your thread as well mate - the best solution is to record video and audio simultaneously through the web cam and Scarlet and mount them in a video editing software, in my opinion smile.gif

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Jul 28 2013, 06:00 PM
ok got it smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 28 2013, 06:55 PM
GMC:er
The good news is the answer is simple.

1.)Windows Answer
*Run a cable from the headphone/line out of your recording interface, to the line in on your internal soundcard.
*use the free logitech cam utility to select your internal sound card for audio and cam for vid.

--Here is the link to the forum post where this came up previously and the response illustrates how to use the software.
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=635829

The result should be perfectly synched vid with audio smile.gif Providing your rig is brisk enough of course.

2.)Macintosh Answer
*Use the free quicktime utility built in to Mac OS which allows you to do the same thing as above.

That's all there is to it smile.gif

QUOTE (sumitnxt @ Jul 28 2013, 01:38 AM) *
i am trying to figure out how to get my webcam to record directly from Guiat Rig. Currently i have to manualy sync the audio and video.
i have the focusrite scarlet 2i2 audio interface. If possible i don't want to use a mic.
When i see the recording sources in webcam I see either the laptop mic or the line in from focusrite audio interface. I choose line in from focusrite. The guitar recording happens but the effects from guitar rig don't get recorded.

Please suggest.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 05:42 PM