Tv Series Recommendations?
Qenzoz
Dec 19 2012, 01:56 PM
GMC:er
Hey I was wondering if anyone has any tv series they might be able to recommend for me? I prefer TV series that are still running, but I could probably watch a series that's already stopped if it is good, but not sure why I prefer it, just the idea of a good TV series stopping is something I dislike. And the language should be English tongue.gif, also I am not a fan of anime tongue.gif

Anyways I've watched/I am watching a good amount of TV Series so far.
Here's a list, some of them I can't figure out if I actually enjoy that much especially something like Arrow, brand new tv-series so just hoping for it to get better, but I doubt it, anyways still better than Gossip Girl laugh.gif or it might be some that I've watched enough of to actually figure out that it is not that good, or just watching because I have nothing better to do, or too lazy to practice the guitar laugh.gif (Something like the new Two and a Half Men, probably also Hawaii Five-0 biggrin.gif), but most of them I enjoy or I've actually enjoyed, or something like Heroes similar to Two and Half Men after 3-4 seasons it just got really weird/bad...
QUOTE ("Watched/Watching")
Arrow
Better Off Ted
Blue Mountain State
Breaking Bad
Burn Notice
Castle
Chuck
Community
Continuum
Dexter
Episodes
Flashpoint
Friends
Game of Thrones
Go On
Hawaii Five-0
Hell on Wheels
Heroes
House M.D.
How I Met Your Mother
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Justified
Last Resort
Lie to Me
Luther
Misfits
Modern Family
Mr. Sunshine
Person of Interest
Psych
Scrubs
Sherlock
Sons of Anarchy
Spy
Suits
The Big Bang Theory
The Mentalist
The Middle
The Office U.S
The Simpsons
The Walking Dead
Two and a Half Men
White Collar
Workaholics

Anyways a few series I've thought about starting to watch, so if you've watched any of them you might be able to give it a thumb up or down for that matter smile.gif, also some of them I've actually watched the first episode of and didn't really get it, so yeah maybe some of them are really good, but after watching like 45 series or something like that it is usually easy to figure out if it is something worth watching tongue.gif

QUOTE ("Thoughty thought")
American Horror History, according to IMDb it is a Horror also says that in the title, but got a good rating of 8.3 but horror's just seem to be so cliche, but even though if it is a good horror that might be scary and all that I just don't know if there is anything else to it like awesome or funny things for that matter biggrin.gif - so yeah if anyone has watched this I'd be happy to know some details about that, especially if you're also a person that usually doesn't like horrors or actually usually hates them for that matter tongue.gif

Boardwalk Empire
Eastbound & Down
Missing
Shameless US
Strike Back
Supernatural
The League
The Pacific
The Wire

TV Series I am pretty sure that ain't something for me.
QUOTE ("Not my cup of tea (not enough sugar tongue.gif)")
Anything like Gossip Girl, Sex & the city, Jersey Shore and all those things you know that Ben would enjoy wink.gif

Boss
Downton Abbey
Homeland
Into the West
John Adams
Mad Men
The Wedding Band

So yeah also for anyone else, there might be some for you that you haven't heard of so hopefully lets share some TV Series! biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitar
Suhr S4 Pro Series Bengal Burst
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 19 2012, 02:31 PM
Instructor
You already know what I'm gonna say

Mighty Ships !

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Dec 19 2012, 02:43 PM
The Wire gets a Thumbs up!!

Bones, Farscape, Red Dwarf.

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 19 2012, 03:37 PM
Instructor
I'm on 3 series by now... waiting for the new seasons of Walking Dead & Game Of Thrones and watching the previous seasons of Breaking Bad. American Horror History is also on my list....

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 19 2012, 03:42 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I would recommend TV Series : Person Of Interest!
It still showing, I really like the quality and story. Its created by Jonathan Nolan.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Dec 19 2012, 04:02 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
i would advice to watch as little TV as possible, there are tons of nicer things to do out there tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Dec 19 2012, 04:06 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 19 2012, 02:31 PM) *
You already know what I'm gonna say

Mighty Ships !

Hahahaha biggrin.gif, not really a ship person tongue.gif

QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Dec 19 2012, 02:43 PM) *

Bones, I actually forgot about that one! biggrin.gif And I'll have to see what Farscape & Red Dwarf is about smile.gif, thanks!

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 19 2012, 03:37 PM) *
I'm on 3 series by now... waiting for the new seasons of Walking Dead & Game Of Thrones and watching the previous seasons of Breaking Bad. American Horror History is also on my list....

Awesome! Walking Dead is one my favorites smile.gif

QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Dec 19 2012, 03:42 PM) *
I would recommend TV Series : Person Of Interest!
It still showing, I really like the quality and story. Its created by Jonathan Nolan.

Already on my list and one of my favorites! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Dec 19 2012, 04:02 PM) *
i would advice to watch as little TV as possible, there are tons of nicer things to do out there tongue.gif

I disagree tongue.gif, watching TV is one the best things I know and one of the few things I enjoy a lot, where as other people might enjoy drinking, playing video games and such, I spend my spare time relaxing and watching a good show smile.gif

--------------------
Guitar

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 20 2012, 02:34 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Qenzoz @ Dec 19 2012, 12:06 PM) *
Hahahaha biggrin.gif, not really a ship person tongue.gif

Awesome! Walking Dead is one my favorites smile.gif

It's an amazing show, can't wait for the next episode!!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Dec 20 2012, 03:17 PM
I'm a cartoon-a-holic.

Simpsons, Cleveland Show, Family Guy, American Dad, The Regular Show, The Misadventures of Flapjack, The Amazing World of Gumball, Chowder, Archer, and Adventure Time.

Currently on air; Castle, Arrow, Parks and Recreation, and Revolution.

I need to get caught up on Game of Thrones, American Horror Story, Sons of Anarchy, Workaholics, and Breaking Bad.

2 shows that are listed that you mentioned in the "Thoughty thought" I am no where near a sports fan haven't the slightest clue what goes on when. But I watched I want to say I've watched 2 seasons of both The League and also Eastbound and Down. They are sports related but a ton of crazy stuff goes on outside of the typical sports story.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Dec 20 2012, 03:20 PM
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Dec 20 2012, 03:17 PM) *
I'm a cartoon-a-holic.

Simpsons, Cleveland Show, Family Guy, American Dad, The Regular Show, The Misadventures of Flapjack, The Amazing World of Gumball, Chowder, Archer, and Adventure Time.

Currently on air; Castle, Arrow, Parks and Recreation, and Revolution.

I need to get caught up on Game of Thrones, American Horror Story, Sons of Anarchy, Workaholics, and Breaking Bad.

2 shows that are listed that you mentioned in the "Thoughty thought" I am no where near a sports fan haven't the slightest clue what goes on when. But I watched I want to say I've watched 2 seasons of both The League and also Eastbound and Down. They are sports related but a ton of crazy stuff goes on outside of the typical sports story.

Parks and Recreation! My brother watches that one, no idea why I forgot about it tongue.gif , thanks biggrin.gif - Revolution I'll check that one out.

Yes The League and Eastbound & Down should be fun, and even if you're not a sports fan they should still be funny. Since I couldn't be less interested in sports tongue.gif

--------------------
Guitar

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 20 2012, 07:56 PM
FARSCAPE was really spiff IMHO. It had an element of "Muppet Cheese" to be sure, but that was part of it's charm. smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Dec 19 2012, 08:43 AM) *

+Quote Post
Vas Paul Standar...
Dec 20 2012, 08:17 PM
I'd highly recommend you to watch Person of Interest,Burn Notice,NCIS,The Mentalist and Prison Break, which i think you can eniterely find on the net since its been a while since its over.

This post has been edited by Vas Paul Standard 1995: Dec 20 2012, 08:17 PM

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Dec 20 2012, 08:56 PM
I am watching PoI, Burn Notice & Mentalist - I've actually thought a bit about Prison Break, so I'll check that one out and NCIS smile.gif , thanks.

--------------------
Guitar

+Quote Post
SindreD
Dec 20 2012, 09:32 PM
Currently watching Prison Break, Trailer Park Boys and Breaking Bad for the third time tongue.gif
There´s actually a lot of good sitcoms out there, and by sitcom I don´t mean your average laugh-track dumbed out humour. Try checking out the Inbetweeners for far-fetched British humour at it´s best. And of course, one of my favorite shows of all time, Arrested Development. (which was cancelled in 2006 but just started recording their 4th season, wooh!!)

And if you haven´t checked out The Wire yet you better get to it! Might be the best show ever if you ask me biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Vas Paul Standar...
Dec 20 2012, 09:37 PM
You might wanna try The Walking Dead if you like zombies and stuff.

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Dec 20 2012, 09:43 PM
Learning Rock Star
Spartacus: Blood and Sand!!!!
Dexter
The Walking Dead
Hell on Wheels
Farscape!
Weeds (last season not so much, but first 3 were entertaining!)
Breaking Bad

These I enjoyed tremendously

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 21 2012, 09:28 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Dec 19 2012, 03:02 PM) *

I also agree smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:23 PM