2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Having A Hard Time Being A Guitar-o-holic
mhskeide
Nov 1 2009, 11:18 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
I already have a great Ibanez S classic, and a carvin strat. STILL, I`m seriously thinking about buying a carvin dv 727 from ebay even though it costs over 1000$ (and after all I`m student).
I want a "shredguitar" with a whammy, and think I`m a bit too demanding on the specs compared to my skills ....

anyone else familiar with the problem of constantly wanting new guitars?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Nov 1 2009, 11:33 PM
Learning Tone Master
Lol have you seen my signature below my posts?!?!? wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Nov 1 2009, 11:36 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I have 15 guitars. I always want more! If I find one that I like, I like to have two or three of the same one. It's really a sickness. Most of my guitars would be considered, "beyond my skillset." I just love guitars though.

Signed,

A Dedicated Guitar Owner

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
mhskeide
Nov 1 2009, 11:37 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Nov 1 2009, 11:33 PM) *
Lol have you seen my signature below my posts?!?!? wink.gif

Haha, yeah you got QUITE a collection! I read that you spent all of your savings on your latest Jackson biggrin.gif

Even though I`m getting better at the guitar, at least I hope so, I feel that a Carvin with bareknuckles is a bit above my level of playing. Still, compared to my other guitars, this guitar is much more ME if you catch me drift wink.gif

On the other hand, it can be seen as an investment as well. 1500$ is a lot of money, still I think I could get 2000 $ by selling it in Norway with the right timing...

--------------------

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Nov 1 2009, 11:45 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (mhskeide @ Nov 1 2009, 11:37 PM) *
Haha, yeah you got QUITE a collection! I read that you spent all of your savings on your latest Jackson biggrin.gif

Even though I`m getting better at the guitar, at least I hope so, I feel that a Carvin with bareknuckles is a bit above my level of playing. Still, compared to my other guitars, this guitar is much more ME if you catch me drift wink.gif

On the other hand, it can be seen as an investment as well. 1500$ is a lot of money, still I think I could get 2000 $ by selling it in Norway with the right timing...

Go for it man! If you feel like buying it because it might be YOUR guitar, what more of a reason do you need?

And yes I have spent ALL of my savings which is why I have to sell some other guitar but I will propably get a new one right away^^ stay tuned for more gear to come!!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
mhskeide
Nov 1 2009, 11:45 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
QUOTE (NoSkill @ Nov 1 2009, 11:36 PM) *
I have 15 guitars. I always want more! If I find one that I like, I like to have two or three of the same one. It's really a sickness. Most of my guitars would be considered, "beyond my skillset." I just love guitars though.

Signed,

A Dedicated Guitar Owner

Good to hear others "suffering" from the same addiction biggrin.gif

Your post actually made me one step closer buying that carvin! dunno if I should praise or smack you laugh.gif hopefully the first biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Nov 1 2009, 11:58 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I just bought a Jackson Soloist...about a week ago. Phew...first time I've said that out loud. My name is NoSkill, and I'm a Gear Buying Addict!

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
Clare
Nov 2 2009, 12:04 AM
Learning Roadie
G.A.S. is terrible!!! i,m up to 5 already and i,m only a mediocre guitarist at best!

+Quote Post
Staffy
Nov 2 2009, 12:59 AM
Learning Tone Master
Hi! My name is Staffay and I'm also a Gear-a-holic, I guess Im on a amateur level guitar-wise, since I only have 6 at the moment, but on the other hand I have 3 pianos, 2 synthesizers, a lot of expensive studio stuff and two rabbits. But I also found out that it's way better to spend the money on gear than on women, cheap booze or holiday's with bad weather. I rather say that we must stand up for our rights to have these lovely pieces! Im going to be burried with my guitars! laugh.gif

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Clare
Nov 2 2009, 01:14 AM
Learning Roadie
you got that right staffy!!! we all got a lot of money tied up in our toys so yeah put them in the coffin with me OR ELSE!!! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Nov 2 2009, 02:27 AM
GMC:er
Hi I'm Sensible and I'm an Axe-a-holic.
I have 16 here at home and various others at a Studio and on Loan. I have Banjo's, Mandolins, Autoharps and am just getting into Keyboards too!!
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Staffy
Nov 2 2009, 07:58 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Nov 2 2009, 02:27 AM) *
Hi I'm Sensible and I'm an Axe-a-holic.
I have 16 here at home and various others at a Studio and on Loan. I have Banjo's, Mandolins, Autoharps and am just getting into Keyboards too!!
biggrin.gif

I'll pass pass Your name on to my local dealer, he needs some new customers!!! laugh.gif (he's making a living out of just me)

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Nov 2 2009, 08:11 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Yeah, I know what you mean.. smile.gif

I'm getting my third Nik Huber late next year..
They don't come cheap, although my next one isn't the most expensive.
He's making me a guitar after my own specs, where I mix some of his guitars into a new model biggrin.gif
He's never built a model like this before, so it's gonna be exciting to see what it looks like in the end..
So hopefully my specs will be good enough to shake the foundations of modern guitar history tongue.gif

I have to live off Macaroni and ketchup for a while now, haha laugh.gif

I'm GAS personified biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Staffy
Nov 2 2009, 08:31 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Nov 2 2009, 08:11 AM) *
I have to live off Macaroni and ketchup for a while now, haha laugh.gif

Lucky You, I've had onion-soup and hard bread for the past 6 months!!! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Nov 2 2009, 08:45 AM
QUOTE (Staffy @ Nov 2 2009, 08:31 AM) *
Lucky You, I've had onion-soup and hard bread for the past 6 months!!! laugh.gif

OUCH!!! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Staffy
Nov 2 2009, 08:52 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Nov 2 2009, 08:45 AM) *
OUCH!!! laugh.gif

Yeah, it's tough, I know, but once in a while I comfort myself with a cup of silver-tea... (hot water with just sugar)... laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Nov 2 2009, 08:59 AM
QUOTE (Staffy @ Nov 2 2009, 08:52 AM) *
Yeah, it's tough, I know, but once in a while I comfort myself with a cup of silver-tea... (hot water with just sugar)... laugh.gif

Hahahaha, Silver-tea!? That's awesome biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Staffy
Nov 2 2009, 10:18 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Nov 2 2009, 08:59 AM) *
Hahahaha, Silver-tea!? That's awesome biggrin.gif

Thats all we got here in Sweden since You Norwegians quit the Union some 100 years ago... (stupid Swedish king btw. He should have known bout' the oil...) laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

//Staffay

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Nov 2 2009, 10:21 AM
Instructor
Such a sweet confessions!! laugh.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Staffy
Nov 2 2009, 10:30 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Nov 2 2009, 10:21 AM) *
Such a sweet confessions!! laugh.gif

What can You expect from an imported French King ?? The Swedish royal family is not known for their intelligence, anyhow! laugh.gif (with no offense to the frenchmen, I can understand why they sent us this family in the first place...)

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 04:42 PM