Help With Your Solo Lesson
Ctodd
Jun 29 2008, 05:49 PM
GMC:er
Hi, I was trying to play this and the tab is a little confusing.

Video 3

Link To the lesson

when you move up to the high E string and start playing legato in this one sequence I lose track of whats going on.

e|-----5-8-5------5---
B|--------------8-----

are you hammering the fourth and fifth notes there?? are letting it continue to ring from when you pulled off?

and does whatever pattern it may be continue throughout as you decend the scale?

I ask this because the way I'm playing it doesn't sound right.

e|------5-8-5---5--------------------|
B|-------------8---8-5-8-5---5------|
G|---------------------------7---7---|
D|------------------------------------|
A|------------------------------------|
E|------------------------------------|

e|------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
B|------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
G|--5-7-5---5-----------------------------------------------------------------|
D|---------7---7-5-7-5--------------------------------------------------------|
A|----------------------7-7----------------------------------------------------|
E|------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Also this sequence

e|----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
B|--12-13-17-13-12-13-17-13-12-13-17-13-12-13-17-13-12-13-17-13-12-13-17-13--|
G|----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
D|----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
A|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
E|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I'm playing this by picking the 12th fret to start off, than I pick at the 17th fret and then pull-off/hammer-on until I get back to the 17th and then pick again. I'm pretty sure this is right, but it still sounds wrong. Are all the notes in this sequence of equal value? (I still have a beginners ear, and I can't think of any other reason as to why it sounds wrong)

Thanks alot!

-Chris

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ctodd: Jun 29 2008, 06:14 PM

--------------------
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 5 2009, 03:41 AM) *
When you hear something that you really like, take guitar and kill the beast.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Ctodd   Help With Your Solo Lesson   Jun 29 2008, 05:49 PM
- - Marcus Siepen   Hi Chris. About the first figure, the very first ...   Jul 9 2008, 09:30 AM
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 02:03 PM