11 Pages V  « < 9 10 11  
Smells Like Winter Video Collab, Instructor/students Video Collaboration
Todd Simpson
Feb 19 2014, 11:27 PM
GMC:er
Great mix and edit! Couldn't have been easy putting this together with this many takes and making it work as a musical piece. I like the structure as well smile.gif Book ended with instructors packed in the middle with killer takes from fellow GMCers.

Super congrats to everyone on their takes and on the production team for pulling something of this scale off with grace smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 18 2014, 05:59 AM) *
Ladies and gentlemen! We give you - THE FINAL MIX!!!!

First and foremost - thank you all a big, big bunch for participating!! Everyone did a great job, so please take a look over the comments as well, as we have highlighted everyone's finest moments smile.gif

Gabriel, on technique:

Tony K: Hi mate! Thanks for your take! Your phrases are cool in your mind but there is some work to do to be able to play them consistently. You need to do some technique training and focus on timing and pitch. The backing is not easy but you could create good ideas over it. Keep on the hard work!

Bleez: I like the rocker spirit that you gave to the take. You used some classic rock licks over pentatonic and made them fit perfectly over the backing. Talking about technique, there is nothing to mark, everything sounds great. Good job!

Beat: I have to say that I love your guitar!! It looks and sounds fantastic. You solo is nice and has been played very professionally. Your bends are precise, your vibrato is ok (could be wider sometimes) and your timing 100% tight. Congrats!

Degroot: You are the shredder of this one! You played really tricky licks and sound like the masters. I like how you used different parts of the neck in the same phrase, and how you mixed melodies with shred arpeggios with tapping and other magic. You rocked this one!

Wollace: Nice playing! I think that you are going on the right track with your overall playing. You still need to feel even more relaxed while you play to make it more expressive and dynamic.

Doug: Hey mate! IT has been great to do a counterpoint with you! We are ready for some “Racer X” & “Cacophony” style albums. biggrin.gif I didn’t compose my solo over yours, Darius did the job of combining both and I really liked the final result. You did a very nice solo. Well done!

SpaseMoonKey: Hey mate! That room is a dream. Great equipment there! And based on your playing, you really deserve it! I like the feeling and little slides, vibrato and other details that you added to make your take so expressive. Thanks for joining!

Tflava: I like your composition. You have to be careful with unwanted noises while you play a melody. Remember to mute the strings that you are not playing. There is also a bend in the middle that doesn’t reach the correc pitch. Focus on those things the next time! Keep on rocking.

Alisson: It’s an honor for us to have George Harrisson on this collab. Hahaha Bogdan made me note it, you are so close to him when he was young (off course). Your solo is really cool and I think that you did a great use of slides and vibrato to make your cool melody even more expressive. I also liked that last harmonic to end the solo. You are talented mate, keep on the good job!

Cosmin, on phrasing:

Tony K: Hey Tony! As we discussed in the PM exchange, your take is built with nice phrases, but you need to polish your technique and timing in order to make them shine. We thought that a dialogue would be fitting, in order to imbue a little more dynamic feel in the take. Try to alternate long note based passages with more busier sounding phrases, in the future, for more dynamics!

Bleez: Great touch man! Nice dynamics and interpretation - you start to sound a lot like Zakk Wylde, indeed smile.gif And your articulation technique is getting better and better every time - congrats! If you would like to make things sound a bit more different, you could create sequences that sound a bit more complex, in respect to that last pentatonic descending lick.

Beat: Hey amigo! Your playing was always very exact! That's not a bad thing, but you need to start thinking about giving more life to your notes, by pickin harder or softer and making more use of articulation elements such as bending and vibrato. The fact that you tackled the 'Voice of your guitar' lesson, is a very good thing for developing good articulation skills.

Degroot: I think you have an amazing phrasing and touch - nothing much to say here, man - I really, really enjoyed this! And there's that sweet Strat unmistakeable chuch'a'chuck!

Wollace: Hello young man! I think you are on the right path with this, but it definitely could use more dynamics. It's a bit too linear and you want to keep your listener hyped all the time - try to fool around with various types of rhythmic subdivisions, in your breaks and phrases alike, in order to make things sound a bit more unpredictable.

Doug: Howdy Doug! You teamed up with Gabi for a very nice dialogue - melodic, well interpreted and having a solid direction! Congratulations!

SpaseMoonKey: Travis, my friend! Great to have ya here with us! Aside from suggesting you to focus a bit on creating more variety in respect to the note and break lengths, there's nothing much to add here. This track ain't that easy as well, so I think that pushing yourself with less comfy musical environments such as this one, can only be a good boost in kicking you out of your comfort zone.

Tflava: Hey Tim! Nice ideas here man - as we discussed, the technique is usually a little hurdle, which you need to overcome in some situations. Bends and noises should be a primary target, but with experience, you will discover that you don't need amazing lightning speed to be able to create memorable phrases - it's all a matter of exploring and aiming to make musical phrases. It will come to you in time, as your ideas are already heading in that direction.

Alisson Hello young George Harrison:) Harrison Da Silva, if we may? biggrin.gif Kidding aside, mate you have a lot of potential smile.gif I will let Darius tell you a thing or two about the tone you are using, because I am sure he has very important things to say!

Darius:

Tonyk - you're getting better and better. Your tone gets more juicy and Your phrasing ideas are more interesting. I know You brought a lot of job to this one. You're now trying to reach another level of skills so it's a hard moment for You but I'm sure some of the precision and control will come soon smile.gif

Bleez - you my friend allready have Your "bleez-style". Your solos become recognizable. Keep up the good work!

Beat Zbidnen - very cool theme idea! It digs into head of a listener. I couldn't resist to not continue with the harmony over Your take!

DeGroot - as usuall You delivered great combination of technique and phrasing. Love Your new, warmer tone as well. The SM57 was a perfect choice I think smile.gif

Wollace - great to see your intense activity in latest collabs. You always bring something interesting to us! Thank you wink.gif

Doug Lane - somehow Your take fits perfect with Gabriels (either the phrasing and the tone). I just had to combine both. To be clear Gabriel didn't record his take over Your solo! smile.gif He just made his own and then it came naturally to fit both smile.gif As for Your additional tracks I couldn't use as much as You sent us because it was too much going on in the mix....but it was a cool addition for sure!

SpaseMoonKey - very nice usage of sweeps in the mid tempo and finishing all with a piece of melody. Nice to have you on board! smile.gif

tflava - good melodic start. It's nice You always put a long "breath note" after those dense moments. That's a good concept for solo. See you in next collabs!

Alisson Da Silva - another cool concept to repeat the rhythm and continue with different intervals. Thanx for participating!

See you in the next one guys!!

Cosmin, Gabi and Darius

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 20 2014, 07:49 AM
Instructor
I think that these multi collabs are by far one of the best ideas in the latest months smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Feb 20 2014, 11:24 AM
Instructor
I agree smile.gif When we combine our forces we can make one, huge, descent thing per month with a great students activity and complex feedback smile.gif

+Quote Post
SlowFingaX
Feb 20 2014, 11:56 AM
Great video and mix! It's so great so see different and personal styles from everyone..awesome...you rock!!!

Like Gab said about Beat guitar...wow.. I also like it smile.gif looks and sounds great and solo is also very nice!

Bleez guitar, sound and solo..wow..you ROCK! Very much Zakk Wylde feelings in the beginning like Cosmin said. wink.gif

Of course Degroot ...wow... smile.gif

Every of you are great with your on way!!! And hope you have fun for making these!!! cool.gif

Very great bonus is comments from Gab, Cosmin and Darius!!! So interesting to look this collab over and over again with reading those comments one by one!

This post has been edited by SlowFingaX: Feb 20 2014, 11:58 AM

--------------------
My Gear:

Jackson DX10D Dinky
Boss GT-10
Boss Micro BR BR-80
Korg Pandora PX4
Guitar Rig 5
Ezmix 2 + many metal packs
Reaper

+Quote Post
bleez
Feb 20 2014, 01:35 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (SlowFingaX @ Feb 20 2014, 10:56 AM) *
Bleez guitar, sound and solo..wow..you ROCK! Very much Zakk Wylde feelings in the beginning like Cosmin said. wink.gif

thank you kindly smile.gif
totally agree with your 'wow' for degroot, his solo was terrifyingly awesome!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 20 2014, 02:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (SlowFingaX @ Feb 20 2014, 07:56 AM) *
Great video and mix! It's so great so see different and personal styles from everyone..awesome...you rock!!!

Like Gab said about Beat guitar...wow.. I also like it smile.gif looks and sounds great and solo is also very nice!

Every of you are great with your on way!!! And hope you have fun for making these!!! cool.gif

Very great bonus is comments from Gab, Cosmin and Darius!!! So interesting to look this collab over and over again with reading those comments one by one!

Hey SlowFingaX! I'm glad to know that you enjoyed the final video and comments of this one! I also noticed that this inspired you to join the new collab. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Feb 20 2014, 02:15 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
SlowFingaX
Feb 20 2014, 06:50 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 20 2014, 03:13 PM) *
Hey SlowFingaX! I'm glad to know that you enjoyed the final video and comments of this one! I also noticed that this inspired you to join the new collab. biggrin.gif

Of course this and some earlier collabs inspired me to join. These collabs are full of good feelings!!!
I'll think that it's give even more for me, if I'm in with my my own part and give time and effort for it.
Then it's very intresting to see how different kind of parts everyone record with same backing track.
Very nice learning and creativity process for me and everyone! smile.gif

--------------------
My Gear:

Jackson DX10D Dinky
Boss GT-10
Boss Micro BR BR-80
Korg Pandora PX4
Guitar Rig 5
Ezmix 2 + many metal packs
Reaper

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 21 2014, 09:23 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (SlowFingaX @ Feb 20 2014, 05:50 PM) *
Of course this and some earlier collabs inspired me to join. These collabs are full of good feelings!!!
I'll think that it's give even more for me, if I'm in with my my own part and give time and effort for it.
Then it's very intresting to see how different kind of parts everyone record with same backing track.

You are so right man smile.gif I see these collabs like a box of various chocolates - each one is tasty and you can never get enough biggrin.gif At least this is what I feel when I face a box of chocolates. Once again, it's great that you have decided to dive right in. You only have things to win!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Feb 21 2014, 09:35 AM
Instructor
Very good point SlowFingaX smile.gif Each collabs is like a box of licks and tips for particular harmony and tempo smile.gif Very often when I listen to You guys I wonder...Damn how could I not figured out this or that biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 21 2014, 02:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (SlowFingaX @ Feb 20 2014, 02:50 PM) *

Yeah! that's what I call reciprocal creativity and it's the most powerful and inspiring process that I know. Playing with other people, interacting musically, creating tunes and melodies together, helps us to improve as musicians and to get better quality results, in other words more creative ideas. For this reason, these collabs become better and better with the pass of time. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 22 2014, 05:03 PM
Learning Rock Star
Awesome job, everyone. Too bad I couldn't come up with anything I liked for this track.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 9 10 11
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:22 AM