2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Guitar Pro Tabs Included In Lessons, What about putting lesson names instead of just "guitarpro"
Jakub Luptovec
Feb 20 2009, 09:28 AM
Learning Tone Guru
Hi guys,

as some of you might have noticed there isnt a day, that I dont complain about something:D But to the topic.

I consider the GP tabs one of the best parts of every lesson, what kinda bugs me tho is that I cannot set my browser to save GP files separately into my GP folder. But thats not that much of an issue.

The problem comes with the filename - all of them are named the same (default) name which creates a bit of confusion and thanks to that stupid intro melody, GP loads like 6-8 seconds. Now I have like 40 unnamed GP tabs and I am extremely lazy person biggrin.gif to do it one by one.

Now to my plea - is it possible, that every guitarpro tab included to lesson would be named after that lesson? For example "Volume control - Phrasing.gp5". (a great lesson indeed by the way)

If it wouldnt be to much of a hassle, I would greatly appreciate this endeavour:)

With love,

Jakub

EDIT - mostly for instructors: One more idea I have for GP tabs - on most of them, there is only a lead guitar. A rythm guitar, playing just simple chords (5ths where possible) once per bar would help greatly to express the tonality and key changes and wouldnt be to difficult IMO. Or even just writing the chord names above the bars (use "T" shortcut or Lyrics option)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Jakub Luptovec: Feb 20 2009, 09:32 AM

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Feb 20 2009, 09:51 AM
Experienced Rock Star
Nice Suggestion, to my hears it doesn't seem to hard but, I don't know...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Feb 20 2009, 10:18 AM
Learning Roadie
ya.. i've always thought about why they were all called guitarpro..

good suggestions.. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 20 2009, 10:31 AM
Instructor
Interesting suggestions smile.gif
Perhaps you could rename file as soon as you download it ? I can see why its bothering you tough laugh.gif

In every guitar pro I put chord symbols above each bar using text tool you mentioned. Some of my guitar pro's even include bass part since I type my bass in guitar pro and save it there smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Feb 20 2009, 11:03 AM
Learning Tone Guru
Yes Pedja:) And I appreciate it, because it helps me understand the relationship between the note choice and chords - and I guess that to make it a standart in GMC's GP tabs (in contrary to rarity which is it today) will further improve GMC's overall quality smile.gif.

Its just a suggestion tho, not that I want to force a single instructor to do this

This post has been edited by Jakub Luptovec: Feb 20 2009, 11:03 AM

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
Mrblomme
Feb 20 2009, 11:06 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Very good suggestion, it's pretty ....ed up to change the names constantly. smile.gif

--------------------
Homer J. Simpson: Rockstars is there anything they dont know?

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Feb 20 2009, 12:54 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I understand the suggestion and the reason for it. I just rename it immediately after downloading it. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Feb 20 2009, 12:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Feb 20 2009, 12:54 PM) *
I just rename it immediately after downloading it. smile.gif

Yeah, that seems like solution until GMC stuff
figure out how to keep original file name or som.

Regarding chords, I always type name of the chord above, hope that helps. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Feb 20 2009, 01:01 PM
Get to da Chopper!
This has been discussed before and it was decided that we should just rename the file as soon as we download it. As soon as the files hit the server they are automatically renamed to that default name so its not the instructors being lazy- for us to change the file name takes about 5 seconds so its not a huge issue in the grand scheme of things.

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Feb 20 2009, 01:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Feb 20 2009, 01:01 PM) *
so its not the instructors being lazy

Oh no, I always title each file after lesson's name,
there must be something going on on server after file is uploaded. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Feb 20 2009, 01:40 PM
Instructor
I guess the files are automatically renamed to fit the config of the lesson-script so i'm not sure how easy it is to change that code. But i agree.. downloading the gp files with the lesson title would be quite nice as i'm a lazy renamer myself biggrin.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Feb 20 2009, 02:01 PM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Feb 20 2009, 12:21 PM) *
Oh no, I always title each file after lesson's name,
there must be something going on on server after file is uploaded. smile.gif

haha i would never accuse you guys of being lazy Muris wink.gif

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Feb 20 2009, 02:07 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Feb 20 2009, 02:01 PM) *
haha i would never accuse you guys of being lazy Muris wink.gif

I never thought of that either DR,
just wanted to explain how things work. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Feb 20 2009, 02:32 PM
Instructor
You are right that it is confusing.
I used to not worry about that in my earlier lessons, but hopefully I fixed that in the recent ones!
Adding a rhythm guitar to GP would be a great addition but it would take much longer to prepare.
But maybe that can be fixed in the future :-)

QUOTE (Jakub Luptovec @ Feb 20 2009, 03:28 AM) *
Hi guys,

as some of you might have noticed there isnt a day, that I dont complain about something:D But to the topic.

I consider the GP tabs one of the best parts of every lesson, what kinda bugs me tho is that I cannot set my browser to save GP files separately into my GP folder. But thats not that much of an issue.

The problem comes with the filename - all of them are named the same (default) name which creates a bit of confusion and thanks to that stupid intro melody, GP loads like 6-8 seconds. Now I have like 40 unnamed GP tabs and I am extremely lazy person biggrin.gif to do it one by one.

Now to my plea - is it possible, that every guitarpro tab included to lesson would be named after that lesson? For example "Volume control - Phrasing.gp5". (a great lesson indeed by the way)

If it wouldnt be to much of a hassle, I would greatly appreciate this endeavour:)

With love,

Jakub

EDIT - mostly for instructors: One more idea I have for GP tabs - on most of them, there is only a lead guitar. A rythm guitar, playing just simple chords (5ths where possible) once per bar would help greatly to express the tonality and key changes and wouldnt be to difficult IMO. Or even just writing the chord names above the bars (use "T" shortcut or Lyrics option)

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Feb 20 2009, 02:39 PM
Learning Tone Guru
@ david:

I didnt ment to write whole rythm section. Just one strum per bar of the background chord to ring out the tonality.
This would take less then one minute I guess, since most of lessons have around 30 bars and more than half has max. of 12 chords as a progression which repeat (most of them even less = this was for 12 bar blues)

But as I said numerous time - its suggestion, which I (and hopefully some others) would welcome. By no mean I mean it as a must smile.gif

This post has been edited by Jakub Luptovec: Feb 20 2009, 02:40 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Feb 21 2009, 12:29 AM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Feb 20 2009, 09:31 AM) *
Interesting suggestions smile.gif
Perhaps you could rename file as soon as you download it ? I can see why its bothering you tough laugh.gif

Didn't think about that since I don't usually download guitar pro files from GMC...Lazy mind at work laugh.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 21 2009, 12:42 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rated Htr @ Feb 21 2009, 12:29 AM) *
Didn't think about that since I don't usually download guitar pro files from GMC...Lazy mind at work laugh.gif

Exactly laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Feb 21 2009, 01:15 AM
Instructor
I have noticed this before. Every GP file had it's own (default) name because that little piece of code is probably missing in the PHP script. If they don't pass the file_name variable into their code then the PHP renames it by default to one name (same for each GP file).

I think this has been solved with the new (big) player. Today I tested my new lesson and the GP file had the full name as it was originaly given.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 21 2009, 03:17 AM
Instructor
A bit offtopic - you can turn off the splash/intro lick. Go to Options>Preferences...>check "do nothing", and uncheck "show splash screen".

cheers smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Feb 21 2009, 05:46 PM
Jazz Instructor
I think that can be easily fixed, but there are few people that would find that useful, maybe if you want to download lots of lessons!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:30 AM