2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Temple Of Groove Collab !
Opetholic
May 27 2012, 02:07 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ May 27 2012, 12:03 PM) *
Axe Warriors ! I have compiled your takes of awesomeness to produce one colossal slab of rock that even Thor's hammer could not smash ! cool.gif

Behold...

[attachment=27672:Temple_o...inal_Mix.mp3]

WOW smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
May 27 2012, 03:58 PM
Tone Seeker

That was awesome !!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
May 27 2012, 04:03 PM
GMC:er
ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

I am now glad that I didn't post a take and let the rest of you down!!!
laugh.gif laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Sensible Jones: May 27 2012, 04:04 PM

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
DeGroot
May 27 2012, 04:32 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
[quote name='WeePee' date='May 27 2012, 02:58 PM' post='586484']

biggrin.gif

Sounds excellent! I think I'm the only one who didn't use some "exotic" phrasing. What is the mode you are playing in the last 10 seconds? That was tasty.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 27 2012, 05:52 PM
Instructor
Glad you liked it Dudes ! Sorry I had to cut and run with no info or anything but I is back now !! biggrin.gif

Everyone's take kicked ass and had something different to offer. I decided to get my guitar and just jam over the backing. I wasn't even intending to record what I was playing but I hit record anyway. Some of it was good and some of it was total crap but the take you hear was compiled from 4 separate sections ! wink.gif

QUOTE (DeGroot @ May 27 2012, 04:32 PM) *
What is the mode you are playing in the last 10 seconds? That was tasty.

I'm not sure what that mode is at the end actually.. I used a George Lynch approach which was root, major 3rd, diminished 5th, 5th and just mixed it in with whatever else I was doing wink.gif

P.S. I will get back to you guys with some feedback on your takes soon, although It's mainly just going to be praise anyway tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: May 27 2012, 06:34 PM

+Quote Post
Dinaga
May 27 2012, 06:58 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Wow, what a great collab! ohmy.gif You guys tore this to pieces! ohmy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 27 2012, 07:39 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dinaga @ May 27 2012, 06:58 PM) *
Wow, what a great collab! ohmy.gif You guys tore this to pieces! ohmy.gif

So, you're on the next one then ? wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 28 2012, 04:10 PM
Instructor

DeGroot: This was a storming solo. I absolutely love the tone.. nice and woody. You made great use of hammer on/pull off licks.. some pentatonic and a nice use of mixolydian mode too. So it wasn't true when you said you were the only one who didn't use an exotic scale.. wink.gif

The only thing I could single out for improvement is to try and get some of your fast licks in time a bit more, mainly the latter half of the solo made me think this, as some of them tumble around and feel like there's no brakes.. I hope you know what I mean here. Apart from that, top notch stuff man cool.gif

Opetholic: I love the Phrygian Dominant mode against this track, it works really well. I wasn't expecting a made such as this to fit but you proved to me it can so I decided to go a bit more sinister and exotic as well, you influenced me ! wink.gif

I would say to try and work on timing your phrases better.. sometimes they feel like they're waiting for another beat so they know when to come in. Try and have more purpose behind moving notes around. Also, your tone was a bit buzzy and thin so I had to cut off some of the treble and boost the mid to make it thicker. So, just those two little things.. a great submission to the collab !

WeePee : I swear you just keep on getting better. I don't know what you're eating but I'd like to know what it is and where I can get some ! I absolutely love the noises you get from that pick scratch (is that what it is?) and the weird noise that follows it - what the hell is that ? It sounds like whammy action ? biggrin.gif

Nothing much to criticise really, you could make some improvements in your hand co ordination when it comes to picking licks etc but that's about it - a triumphant entry ! smile.gif

Ben Higgins : Sorry, dude but you suck. Maybe you should ask these guys for some lessons ? tongue.gif

Thanks for a mighty collaboration guys... if this were a movie it would be Die Hard meets Rambo ! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Opetholic
May 28 2012, 04:16 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Thanks Ben, for the feedback. I find your feedback always very useful.
Man everyone did so well on this collaboration, I will be scared next time to submit anything smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 28 2012, 04:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Opetholic @ May 28 2012, 04:16 PM) *
Thanks Ben, for the feedback. I find your feedback always very useful.
Man everyone did so well on this collaboration, I will be scared next time to submit anything smile.gif

Haha, no man.. don't feel like that. I think this time, the stars were just aligned wink.gif

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
May 28 2012, 05:14 PM
Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ May 28 2012, 06:10 PM) *
Feedback : WeePee : I swear you just keep on getting better. I don't know what you're eating but I'd like to know what it is and where I can get some ! I absolutely love the noises you get from that pick scratch (is that what it is?) and the weird noise that follows it - what the hell is that ? It sounds like whammy action ? biggrin.gif

Nothing much to criticise really, you could make some improvements in your hand co ordination when it comes to picking licks etc but that's about it - a triumphant entry ! smile.gif

You guessed both right ! Picky scratch and whammy wink.gif
I actually made a youtube video, check it out if you like !!

And thanks for the feedback cool.gif

+Quote Post
DeGroot
May 28 2012, 07:09 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ May 28 2012, 03:10 PM) *

"The only thing I could single out for improvement is to try and get some of your fast licks in time a bit more, mainly the latter half of the solo made me think this, as some of them tumble around and feel like there's no brakes.. I hope you know what I mean here."

Yeah, I hear you on that... I know when hearing it back that some of the licks sounded unbridled... I guess you can say I left some of the parts "in the moment" instead of refining them more. I will do this next time cause it was a bit lazy on my part.

Thanks for the comment. I have been putting more of an effort into dialing in my tone.

[ if this were a movie it would be Die Hard meets Rambo ! cool.gif

awesome biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:41 PM