> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Quenzoz's Poli-mentoring
Qenzoz
Sep 19 2012, 09:05 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 17 2012, 07:56 AM) *
Hey man! Yes there is wink.gif Try this: http://www.ronimusic.com/

Hey! biggrin.gif, thanks!!

Can you check if I did it right? biggrin.gif
Attached File  Metal_Metrics_4_Metal___Modern_backing_track_in_D_minor_pentatonic.wav ( 2.26MB ) Number of downloads: 117

Also I'll get a new take up soon. Currently I haven't been playing that much, but I've tried to play only to a metronome, which is pretty hard, since I've never done that before, I tend to rush now and then, pretty funny and amazingly frustrating laugh.gif

Tobias

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitar
Suhr S4 Pro Series Bengal Burst
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 20 2012, 10:59 AM
Instructor
Hey mate! Nothin to it;) Sounds good to me! Well, the metronome is as unforgiving as a Japanese sword biggrin.gif I'm curious to hear your take wink.gif Don't forget to aid yourself with the foot tapping wink.gif

Cosmin

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Nov 10 2012, 10:16 PM
Hey there, Cosmin! Long time ago, almost 2 months. I was wondering if I could re-join the course? tongue.gif , even though I just left unannounced.

Although there is a reason for that, not sure if it is a good one, but I've realized a lot of things and figured out a lot of things personally & guitar wise.

I remember when I asked to join this course I had just joined one with Gabriel too, and was ready to join one with Alex too, and get started on Ben's Bushidos, and take over the whole world, etc. You know, sitting for some time and really thinking 'this is what I should do, really take guitar serious practice 6-8 hours a day' also thinking 'this time I'll do it, I've tried it before, didn't work, but this time I'll do it no matter what..' so yeah the first day is with full of motivation, next day I didn't get all hours down, and I was like tomorrow I'll definitely get all down, then bim bam boom. even less, and just keep lying to my self till I finally hit 0 minutes a day of guitar practicing, and wanting to quit playing the guitar..

So I've read a lot about how to practice, how do other people practice, etc. And I realized what works for me and I'm pretty much sure that's the best method for anyone that plays guitar!

It's really simple! It's just having fun! That's the reason I started to play guitar, and the reason why it easily stops being fun is because I get a lot of information and experienced guitarists/musicians says you need to learn this & this.. Which in my opinion doesn't matter, what matters is having fun, for that matter if what I found really fun was turning on my amp and knocking the gain to 10 and then just having the guitar feedback all day long and that made me smile and have a great time, then I'd be doing it right, of course it is a different story if I am at guitar as a job, but I don't for me it is just a hobby & will I ever be as good as Guthrie Govan? Probably not, but for me it's not a goal anymore to join the list with the best.. For me it is just to have fun, and I'm pretty sure that's the reason Guthrie Govan is so good today, he probably just had fun I also know that he doesn't like the word 'practice', anywho! tongue.gif

But it's kind of weird, since some people will tell you that you need to do this for 30 minutes, etc. Work on that, work on genres you don't even like. It just seems so stupid since why not just work on the only things you like and then become really good at that, and then maybe in 25 years your musicality has expanded and suddenly you'll maybe like Jazz and for the first 25 you've only like Heavy Metal. And THEN you'll learn it, because now you like it and now it gives meaning since you can use it in your own playing, where as before you didn't like it and would probably never dream of using it in your own playing.

So yeah.. I've definitely figured out how I practice best, and yes that is by having fun, so that means some days I play a lot, some days not so much, some days I don't depends on a lot of things, usually I play every day. What I've decided to do is learn lessons here at GMC, now the ideal thing would probably to take one lesson at a time and get that down "perfectly", I've tried that, and that just seems soooooooooo boring for me, at first its like yeah, but a week after its like an exercise and I just want to quit playing, so that's definitely not a good way for me, so what I figured out is that I just learn a lot of lessons at once, in this case I've decided to get 12 lessons down for this month, pure rhythm, and then I'll try and record a take of each! biggrin.gif . Basically how I do it is I just learn maybe 3-5 one day then whenever I feel like it again maybe 2 days later I'll learn 3-5 more and then I got 12 "down", they still need to be polished and all that, but now I can just play them whenever I feel like it and play them over and over again like a repertoire and it doesn't get boring, and if one the lessons gets a bit boring i'll just work on one of the others and then maybe in 3 days I'll get back to the 'boring' one! smile.gif, so that seems like the best way for me to practice. Other than that I've i'm trying to get 30 minutes of legato down each day, I hate to do practice like that, but i'm just trying to see if I can handle 30 minutes a day so far and basically I just want to see how fast I can progress that way..

And, some more text.....
But I'm also trying to work on my ear just now and then, whenever I feel like it. My main goal so far is getting a good rhythm, that's why I've only chosen rhythm lessons so far. And my legato practice is much more rhythmic training than technique since I'm playing a 3nps patteren but in 16th notes instead of triplets so the beat is placed in weird places, which is great for my rhythm, and not picking all the time on the beat, feels weird too tongue.gif

The lessons I'm working on so far are:

by Ben Higgins
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Megadeth-Made-Easy/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Time-To-Gallop/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Scorpions-Style-Rhythm/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/The-De...Is-In-The-Diad/

by Cosmin Lupu (I imagine you've heard that name once or twice)
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Metal-Metrics-4/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Metal-Metrics-5/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Metal-Metrics-6/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Alter-...-Style-Riffing/

by Zsolt Galambos
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Groovy-Metallica/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bluesy-Metallica/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bluesy-Metallica-2/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Rockin-Slash/

So yeah nothing like level 8 with sweep picking at tempo 190, just some great sounding rhythm lessons! smile.gif

I've got 8-9 'down' so far. Haven't been that busy this month (first month laugh.gif ), apparently I had to work on some Beatles songs, and such, because where I go to school we have to play the 22nd November, just some relaxing background music, which is kind of great since I have to play songs like Let it Be & While my Guitar Gently Weeps, the melody part for Let it Be where I also use some improvisations but still relay on the original melody a lot (of course), but add some slide, vibrato & bends and it sounds pretty great cool.gif, which is pretty great to get some melodic phrases and then the lead guitar for Gently Weeps where I improvise the solo, which is also great to be improvising in a melodic way without having to think 'buuh I suck I can't play at 240 bpm, etc tongue.gif '

So that's it! If you've read all of it, you deserve a donut! biggrin.gif Please let me know if you're willing to take me in again as a 'student' & what you think about the way I practice smile.gif, cheers & have a great day/evening! biggrin.gif

Tobias

--------------------
Guitar

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 12 2012, 10:26 AM
Instructor
Hello Tobias!

I read everything through and through so, I awarded myself with a little chocolate I am having right now biggrin.gif I think that having fun is the most important thing you when learning something, otherwise - as Guthrie himself says - it will become a chore and you don't want guitar as a chore smile.gif

My idea is the following: if you feel you are making progress like that, let's see what's what and follow this road. Of course I am willing to have you as a student!

Let's see what progress you have achieved with each of the lessons you mentioned and take it from there - any vids might be? biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Nov 12 2012, 12:42 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 12 2012, 10:26 AM) *
Hello Tobias!

I read everything through and through so, I awarded myself with a little chocolate I am having right now biggrin.gif I think that having fun is the most important thing you when learning something, otherwise - as Guthrie himself says - it will become a chore and you don't want guitar as a chore smile.gif

My idea is the following: if you feel you are making progress like that, let's see what's what and follow this road. Of course I am willing to have you as a student!

Let's see what progress you have achieved with each of the lessons you mentioned and take it from there - any vids might be? biggrin.gif

Cosmin

Awesome! & chocolate is just a great award! biggrin.gif

I don't have any videos so far, currently I haven't been working on them that much, since I have to play live next thursday, not some hard songs but I still want it to sound good, and I haven't slept that well in the past 2-3 weeks, but I'll get back on track and get record some of the lessons soon! biggrin.gif

Other than that I've decided to try and create my own song, which is really fun so far, even so I haven't gotten anything really down, except a riff and loads of ideas! The fun thing is that I can spend hours just trying to get a lick down, I just have a phrase in my mind that I try to get down, seems to really develop my ears too & also rhythmically trying to transcribe the drum beats I have in my head & I'll definitely upload the song here as I progress with it, and maybe you can give me some tips & tricks, since I've never done this before, but it's definitely something new and interesting!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Guitar

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 12 2012, 06:15 PM
Instructor
Awesome! Well, till ya get the vids ready! Tobias, the MOST important thing with creation is to be able to use the music inside you - i.e. what you hear in your head - in order to express yourself!

The most important thing you need to know is that the more you strive to do things better in this direction the better your connection between fingers and brain will be smile.gif There is no short way, but exploring and doing it as much as possible! Each little idea is worth a ton!!

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Nov 13 2012, 09:08 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 12 2012, 06:15 PM) *
Awesome! Well, till ya get the vids ready! Tobias, the MOST important thing with creation is to be able to use the music inside you - i.e. what you hear in your head - in order to express yourself!

The most important thing you need to know is that the more you strive to do things better in this direction the better your connection between fingers and brain will be smile.gif There is no short way, but exploring and doing it as much as possible! Each little idea is worth a ton!!

Aye, it's really hard to get the phrases out of my mind down to my fingers, exactly how I want them, but the more I try and do it I'll hopefully get there! smile.gif

I was also wondering for creating drums, since it's seems really hard to transcribe some of the drum beats I have in my mind and get them down, currently I just use guiter pro to just add my siimple riffs and grooves just to make sure I don't forget them, like writing them down in a notebook. But I have EzDrummer to create drums, what I can see is that it requires some rhythm theory knowledge, and that I have to a certain level. But how do you create the drums for your backing tracks? And can you maybe give me some tips & tricks? If there are any laugh.gif

--------------------
Guitar

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 13 2012, 09:17 AM
Instructor
Well - a good starting point for me was trying to emulate the grooves I heard in songs and then analyze the relationship between the actual drum grooves and the guitar riffs/ chords.

This is how I started back in 2008, when I had my first full experience with writing instruments - from that point on, I never stopped and I wrote a full album almost by myself for my ex band called EVO back then. It was sheer joy of being able to transpose my ideas into reality biggrin.gif

Choose a song you like - a simple one for starting out and try to emulate the drum grooves you hear in there!

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Nov 14 2012, 05:58 PM
Hm. Well my drums seem to use a really close rhythm pattern to the guitar, it's just hard to transcribe some of the ideas going on in my head, but I'll have to work a little more on that one, currently trying to get the transcribed ideas I've currently written down in Guitar Pro so far over to EZDrummer, which is really interesting since there are so many more options, choosing how loud a note should be, etc.

I'm really really digging this song writing, and I can see my playing seems to progress a lot too, since I can use licks I really like but also really get to polish them, to make them really great.

Now what I've then been introduced to is a lot of questions, like.. I want a great bass, but I don't want it to be identic to the guitar or just have it pump away, I probably have to do some kind of use with intervals, but I haven't gotten that much experience with intervals, but I am getting more, I kind of like intervals seems rather interesting (depends on how tired I am laugh.gif ), now the other thing is guitar harmonies, how can I create a great harmony but that isn't an octave higher or lower, and also landing notes when I play a melody should I land on the root or the fifth of the chord, there are so many things, I can't really figure out where to actually go, of course I am just taking one thing at a time for now, and I'll try and get the drums down for now, I like the idea of building it up from the bottom, I'll probably get bass last.

The reason I am asking is not because I want to really dig into it, but I more want to just hear some the things you have to say about the different questions, just so I have some things to think about whenever I sit in the car, or just sit with my guitar, since currently it is just going fine, but I'd just like to understand those questions I have, a bit better, almost something I've always thought bought.

One thing I'd like to use as an example is your Metal Metrics 6, where you play some melody over some root notes, how did you do that? Did you just improvise it, and how do you know which notes sounds good over that, etc. I definitely need to get more knowledge of intervals laugh.gif

I also have got to stop writing so much, and start working more on my song and watch a bit of TV! cool.gif

Cheers! smile.gif

Tobias

P.S. I am also trying to work on my ears, listening to intervals, chords, scales, etc. (Relevant Pitch) I wonder if you have any tips, tricks & advices in that area? biggrin.gif

--------------------
Guitar

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 15 2012, 05:48 PM
Instructor
Mate smile.gif Your questions basically relate to relative ear training, solid theoretical knowledge and VAST music listening biggrin.gif

Your ideas are momentarily uber mingled and you find it hard to get them straight just because you don't really know how to think in layers... YET biggrin.gif joining the v-chat tonight should clear up some important things in my opinion.

Once you can listen to your ideas into layers you will know what's what and come up with instant recording and arranging just like SNAP!

But, let's start with Theory and Ear training - what have you studied so far?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Nov 15 2012, 07:51 PM
Would like to do it just like SNAP biggrin.gif !

Can't promise if I'll make it tonight, still have a little amount of migraine left from yesterday, but i'll try and make it! smile.gif

Hmm.. Not quite sure what I have exactly studied so far.. But uhm, i'll try and list some of the things I know - I'll try and explain the things, so you can see if I got them right or if I am completely wrong tongue.gif

Also! Prepare your chocolate! You should probably award your self with a whole pack after reading this, or whilst reading all of this tongue.gif

I know that a diatonic scale is a 7 tone scale, a pentatonic scale is a 5 tone scale.

To create the
Natural Major Scale (also known as the Ionian Mode) you use the following steps: 1 1 ½ 1 1 1 ½ e.g. C D E F G A B C -
not quite sure what this part is called, maybe harmonizing the scale, but the following chords you can will be a:
Major, Minor, Minor, Major, Major, Minor, Diminished, Major
Maj7, Min7, Min7, Maj7, Dominant7, Min7, m7b5, Maj7
e.g. - C, Dm, Em, F, G, Am, Bdim, C - Cmaj7, Dmin7, Emin7, Fmaj7, G7, Amin7, Bm7b5, Cmaj7

Natural Minor Scale (also known as the Aeolian Mode) you use the following steps: 1 ½ 1 1 ½ 1 1 e.g. C D Eb F G Ab Bb C ( Why didn't I use sharps (#) instead of flats (b )? - Because the step from D is an half and if I used a sharp it would say D# I would use the D twice, and since D# is exactly the same sound as Eb (an Enharmonic) I had to use Eb instead for a different letter(? - not quite sure how to explain this), so if you see a notation paper and there are 3 flats, that means the key is in C Minor/Eb Major and if it showed 3 sharps it would be in F# Minor/A Major) - Of course this is just in general since there are so many scales, modes, and some other one will probably have 3 flats too, but yeah, in general, with the usual music you see now a days.

Then to harmonize this one will be: Minor, Diminshed, Major, Minor, Minor, Major, Major, Minor
Chords would be: Cm, Ddim, Eb, Fm, Gm, Ab, Bb, Cm - Cmin7, Dm7b5, Ebmaj7, Fmin7, Gmin7, Abmaj7, Bb7, Cmin7

And as you can see the only difference between the C major and then the C minor scale is that the E, A & B is a half step down so the minor scale has a flat 3, 6 & 7 step in the scale.

Harmonic Minor Scale uses the following steps: 1 ½ 1 1 ½ 1½ ½ e.g. C D Eb F G Ab B C
So the same as the Natural Minor Scale it has the flat 3 & 6 step but between the 6 & 7 step it has an unusual one and a half step. which makes it more or less the same as natural minor except its just a B instead of Bb.

Now we get to the third and last minor scale (haven't heard of any more, only heard that there are 3) the Melodic Minor Scale 1 ½ 1 1 1 1 ½
C D Eb F G A B C so this one has the same pattern as the Natural Major Scale but with a flat 3rd step.

All of these 4 are diatonic scales

Now there are also modes.

Ionian, Dorian, Phrygian, Lydian, Mixolydian, Aeolian & Locrian

The Ionian mode is also famously known as the Natural Major Scale so that one we already know. - 1 1 ½ 1 1 1 ½
The Dorian mode - 1 ½ 1 1 1 ½ 1
The Phrygian Mode - ½ 1 1 1 ½ 1 1
The Lydian Mode - 1 1 1 ½ 1 1 ½
The Mixolydian Mode - 1 1 ½ 1 1 ½ 1
The Aeolian Mode (Natural Minor Scale) - 1 ½ 1 1 ½ 1 1
The Locrian Mode - ½ 1 1 ½ 1 1 1

But how to exactly use modes I am not aware of, what I know so far is that they're like spices and you get a different voicing by using a different mode. But they all contain the exact same notes as their natural major or minor scale. But if you have a chord progression: Am, C, D, Am it would be A Dorian, because you start with the Am and end with it, but if you decided to use C, D, Am, C it would be Lydian (? - Not quite sure in this area, but it seems like the only important thing is the note you start on and the note you land on, between there you can play all sort of non sense, chromatic fun - I saw a video with Guthrie Govan where he just played a lot of chromatic but he made it sound like a certain chord voicing just by using the correct starting and landing notes)

So there are also pentatonic scales, which I also know about, but won't dig into atm, since it's really simple, but all I'll say is the minor pentatonic is the secret to playing rock solos laugh.gif

Okay.. So I also know a bit about how to create chords

So a Am or A chord is a triad (3 note chord - builded by the Root, third (minor third - 3 semitiones from the root or major third 4 semitones from the root) & fifth

So the chord Am is created by the following notes: A C & E and the A (major) is created by: A C# E - So the only difference is a semitone with the C and that can create a total different voicing - so lets take the minor triad in this case the Am so you start on the Root (A) - 5th fret of the E string, then you go 3 semitones up and you hit the 8th fret © then you go 4 semitones up and you hit the 12th fret (E) - R - 3 steps - 4 Steps, if you just turned that around and did R - 4 steps - 3 steps it would be 5 fret, 9 fret, 12 fret, A C# E (A major chord), also a fast way to create some arpeggios for tapping, but non the less, you can also use your knowledge of scales, if you haven't gotten into the world of intervals so a triad is created by the 1st, 3rd & 5th step of a step the 1st step will always be the root of the chord, so now if you take the A minor scale and you just find an A note then go to the third step of the scale and with the knowledge of scales (it would be A - B - C so now we know that the C is the third step then if we keep on going we can go to C - D - E and thats the fifth step) bam, A C E, a minor chord. So this is an really easy way to figure out some chords that could work in the current scale your working with, if you want a 7th chord you could lets say start on G (still being in A minor) then go the 3rd step that being B then 5th step D then the 7th step F - there you have a G7 chord) or if you go back to the triads to create a sus2 or sus4 which means suspend, so if you suspend the third (interval) in your a minor chord you can either get a sus2 or sus4 the step patteren in a scale would just be 1 - 2 - 5 or 1 - 4 - 5 step instead of 1 - 3 - 5 step.

Can't quite think of more I know about for now, probably some rhythmic theory, time signatures, but I told about them way back when we started with this thread, and then I know about rhythmic figures, triplets, quintuplets, sextuplets, septuplets, whole note, half notes, quarter notes, eight notes, sixteenth notes, thirty-second notes, etc.

About intervals, I kind of get them, but I have a hard time remembering all the intervals, and haven't found a real purpose to use them yet, except for maybe creating chords or so, but I just find it easier to use my scale method for now.. Except I started to get on studying intervals a little bit, a few days ago, because I want to get on working my ears to achieve relevant pitch as I stated before smile.gif

You can feel free to ask me any questions, can't quite think of anything else for now.

But my ears are really terrible, I'd really like to get great ears, and a really great rhythmic to make really great solos, and then later get technical when I can create an awesome melodic solo, and get all the bends in pitch and just make every note fit right into the groove, etc! smile.gif

Cheers!

Tobias

--------------------
Guitar

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 19 2012, 09:48 AM
Instructor
Hey Tobias!

I read through and you have a good understanding of the important aspects of theory! That weighs A LOT man!

Here's what I'd suggest - let's build your rhythm/ ears/ articulation skills in order to get you prepared for writing your own stuff, be it rhythm or lead. We can also tackle a technique or two - I'd suggest legato or AP. Everything will be approached lightly but disciplined - by that, I mean we will have fun, but we will make sure you understand and play everything top notch smile.gif

How does that sound to you?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Nov 19 2012, 01:41 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 19 2012, 09:48 AM) *
Hey Tobias!

I read through and you have a good understanding of the important aspects of theory! That weighs A LOT man!

Here's what I'd suggest - let's build your rhythm/ ears/ articulation skills in order to get you prepared for writing your own stuff, be it rhythm or lead. We can also tackle a technique or two - I'd suggest legato or AP. Everything will be approached lightly but disciplined - by that, I mean we will have fun, but we will make sure you understand and play everything top notch smile.gif

How does that sound to you?

Cosmin

Sounds amazing! smile.gif, can't wait to see what you have in mind! And yes legato or AP, great choices! If I had to choose one, I'd go for legato, just seems to be an technique that works on every aspect that I need, dynamics, rhythm (accenting on places where you have to place your pinky, or so tongue.gif), also I think that having a great legato will build your fingers a lot strength & just overall control, making chords, bends, vibrato and all that great stuff sound better! And in the end it will also help with AP since your left hand is ready to go bananas after practicing legato for a long time! smile.gif

Tobias

--------------------
Guitar

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 20 2012, 10:17 AM
Instructor
Tobias, it would help me a lot to see what your actual playing level is through the help of a recording smile.gif Otherwise I can only make recommendations based on what we have talked so far - what say you, mate?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Nov 21 2012, 06:29 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 20 2012, 10:17 AM) *
Tobias, it would help me a lot to see what your actual playing level is through the help of a recording smile.gif Otherwise I can only make recommendations based on what we have talked so far - what say you, mate?

Cosmin

Of course, I'll get a recording done ASAP, probably Friday, since tomorrow is the day I have to play, so I'll be a bit tired after that, and I have a day off on Friday so I'll get the recording(s) done then smile.gif , but I've tried to record my playing today and yesterday, but every time I record something & it sounded fine when I played over the backing track, whenever I listen to it afterwards it sounds like my guitar is a little bit behind or just in front of the track (can't figure that out, I think in-front), it's really annoying me, maybe it could just be that my rhythm is bad, but I was wondering if there could be a chance of a slight delay or some latency issues or something like that?

The guitar I have is: Line 6 UX2 & I use Reaper w/ Guitar Rig 5.

Rock on! & Thanks in advance

Tobias

--------------------
Guitar

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 22 2012, 10:35 AM
Instructor
There may be a latency mate - but I have no clue on what's what as I don't have any idea on what sort of soundboard you have and how everything is connected. You should check the soundboard recording settings and the connection to Reaper.

Can you send me a sample so that I may listen to it? I'll listen and try to figure out the source of the problem smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Nov 24 2012, 04:42 PM
Hey I just did this recording today, sadly no video, but I've uploaded it to SoundCloud and I've made it so your the only one that can see it. But, this was more of a test, just to see if the recording quality and if you can notice any sort of weird things recording wise. I think that the latency issue (if there was any) is gone, been messing around with it a bit, and searching around on the internet tongue.gif

And if everything is okay recording wise, you're more than welcome to give my playing some critique smile.gif, but I'll get another one up as soon as I know that all the recording thingies are fine tongue.gif.
I'll also upload some 'songs' where I improvise over a backing track, just so you can get an idea of how good my improvisation is, etc.. smile.gif

Cheers!

Tobias

Edit: Also I'm in Drop D.
http://soundcloud.com/tobias-poulsen/metal-metrics-4-take-1/s-NOLdJ

This post has been edited by Qenzoz: Nov 24 2012, 04:42 PM

--------------------
Guitar

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 26 2012, 11:57 AM
Instructor
Hey Tobias! I can't quite feel any latencies - if you tricked my ear, it means it's good tongue.gif

Regarding the playing - timing seems to be ok, but I would insist on articulation - have you noticed all the little bends in the lesson? smile.gif And there's also the wide vibrato! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Nov 26 2012, 12:50 PM
Ey Cosmin! That's good to hear about the latency! smile.gif

About the track, I'm not exactly sure what it is, it just doesn't feel right to me, when I listen to it, it's like there are some important pieces missing. I'll try and get a new take up probably tomorrow first, since I haven't slept all night.

But I am glad that the timing seems to be okay smile.gif , but still ok isn't 'amazing' tongue.gif , I'll work A LOT on this one and make sure to get it exactly down till it sounds 'perfect' to your ears!

So when I get home or whenever I get some sleep I'll listen to it carefully and also see wath you exactly do note for note in the video smile.gif

Cheers!

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 26 2012, 11:57 AM) *
Hey Tobias! I can't quite feel any latencies - if you tricked my ear, it means it's good tongue.gif

Regarding the playing - timing seems to be ok, but I would insist on articulation - have you noticed all the little bends in the lesson? smile.gif And there's also the wide vibrato! smile.gif

--------------------
Guitar

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 27 2012, 09:48 AM
Instructor
Alright man! Get some rest - do the listening and analyzing IN THE MORNING - that's when the ears are fresh and can deduce things which they'll miss later on during the evening for instance. Do the recording in the evening, when you are more relaxed smile.gif

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 09:18 PM