Which String Do You Break The Most ?
Ben Higgins
Jun 13 2014, 08:18 PM
Instructor
Which String Do You Break the Most ?

I would have to say it's the A string for me.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 11)
SpaseMoonkey
Jun 13 2014, 09:06 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 13 2014, 03:18 PM) *
Which String Do You Break the Most ?

I would have to say it's the A string for me.

I would choose Ernie Balls, never really had good luck with them. I've had a few sets unwind.

I haven't broken a string in years, but I change my guitars out pretty regular. Is it sad I change guitars quicker than strings? laugh.gif But on the topic, I've broken the B/E strings a lot with a fixed bridge, never had that problem on a tremolo setup tho.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Jeroen
Jun 13 2014, 10:50 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I almost never break a string, although I play every day..

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
Jun 14 2014, 08:48 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
the last 2 times it has been the thin E string. I think I was working on the same lesson each time and doing the same bend for about 20 minutes huh.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 14 2014, 09:30 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Jun 13 2014, 09:06 PM) *
I haven't broken a string in years, but I change my guitars out pretty regular. Is it sad I change guitars quicker than strings? laugh.gif But on the topic, I've broken the B/E strings a lot with a fixed bridge, never had that problem on a tremolo setup tho.

I always broke strings at band practice more than any other time. I guess it was down to the heavy handed rhythm playing ! rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 14 2014, 08:10 PM
Instructor
Practicing at home, I break mostly high E string. However playing live I broke string two times and it was A. I can't explain the reason why. ohmy.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 14 2014, 08:22 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 14 2014, 08:10 PM) *
However playing live I broke string two times and it was A. I can't explain the reason why. ohmy.gif

I really think it has to be because when we play live we're mostly playing hard rhythm so the bottom 3 strings get a real battering !

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 14 2014, 08:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 14 2014, 04:22 PM) *
I really think it has to be because when we play live we're mostly playing hard rhythm so the bottom 3 strings get a real battering !

yeah, they suffer more.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Jun 14 2014, 09:22 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I break my G string all the time. Because the life of a diva is pretty tough... blink.gif

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
dcz702
Jun 15 2014, 05:33 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I used to break my high e a lot. I researched why, and found that I had my les Paul stop tail set to low, it was set so low that my strings were touching the back of the bridge. I raised it so the strings just barely clear the bridge and haven't broken a string since.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 15 2014, 08:45 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mudbone @ Jun 14 2014, 09:22 PM) *
I break my G string all the time. Because the life of a diva is pretty tough... blink.gif

Well darling, I've told you not to go all out on every show.. just when the high paying customers are in. *sigh*

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Jun 15 2014, 10:33 AM
Tone Seeker
Haven't broke strings in a while but somehow I have messed up 2 new A strings when I have winded them wrong. I tell you that's a skill too ! wink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:03 PM