2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Gmc Radio?!?!, Just a thought,would be nice I guess :)
Vote for it!
Radio on GMC!
Yes [ 10 ] ** [90.91%]
No [ 1 ] ** [9.09%]
Total Votes: 11
Guests cannot vote 
Muris Varajic
Dec 15 2007, 11:10 PM
Instructor
This idea just came on my mind,
I believe there's lots of material to roll,collabs,audio from lessons,
our own music etc.
I know our GMC IT crew is doing updates all the time,
don't shoot at me,just consider this if nothing biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Muris: Dec 15 2007, 11:10 PM

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pavel
Dec 15 2007, 11:13 PM
Instructor
I voted no! We are not CNN biggrin.gif and if you take all the material from GMC and put it into one huge audio recording - we would have to roll the same audio each day all day long biggrin.gif

Maybe it would be fine if you developed some kind of "plan" for it wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Dec 15 2007, 11:17 PM
Instructor
i think its good idea muris

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Dec 15 2007, 11:22 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Pavel @ Dec 15 2007, 11:13 PM) *
I voted no! We are not CNN biggrin.gif and if you take all the material from GMC and put it into one huge audio recording - we would have to roll the same audio each day all day long biggrin.gif

Maybe it would be fine if you developed some kind of "plan" for it wink.gif

Playlists,individual tunes etc,not one large audio file,of course wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Pavel
Dec 15 2007, 11:37 PM
Instructor
I know it will not be 1 large audio file. I took it just to point out that there is not THAT much material to put on it for now wink.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 15 2007, 11:38 PM
GMC Founder
Good topic Muris - I am definitely positive! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Dec 15 2007, 11:40 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Pavel @ Dec 15 2007, 11:37 PM) *
I know it will not be 1 large audio file. I took it just to point out that there is not THAT much material to put on it for now wink.gif

hmm...maybe you're right, maybe not wink.gif
Lets see guys have to say about it first,
then we'll count all material we've had so far biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Dec 16 2007, 01:36 AM
Moderation Policy Director
I had this idea a little while ago and PMed Kris about it - so of course I think it is an awesome idea! (As long as you can switch it off if you want to!)

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Dec 16 2007, 01:41 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Dec 16 2007, 01:36 AM) *
I had this idea a little while ago and PMed Kris about it - so of course I think it is an awesome idea! (As long as you can switch it off if you want to!)

laugh.gif I knew this is comming biggrin.gif
Of course,volume fader and on/off button shall be there,
and maybe a small "pick a piece" option so we could "call" a track in advance. wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Vinod Saranga
Dec 16 2007, 01:55 AM
Acoustic Instructor
Great Idea biggrin.gif
+1

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Dec 16 2007, 10:15 AM
Instructor
I love this idea Muris! smile.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
Pavel
Dec 16 2007, 11:08 AM
Instructor
This turns out like i am the ENEMY OF THE WORLD because i am the only one who doesn't see the point in it *Everybody throws empty beer cans on him, he's trying to hide under the table*

So if i am missing something - explain it. If there is a clear plan you know than why not sharing it with us?

Answers like: "Great idea!" are not too constructive, don't you think? I see Andrew and Kris had a discussion going about it so any info would be good smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 16 2007, 11:18 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Pavel @ Dec 16 2007, 11:08 AM) *
This turns out like i am the ENEMY OF THE WORLD because i am the only one who doesn't see the point in it *Everybody throws empty beer cans on him, he's trying to hide under the table*

So if i am missing something - explain it. If there is a clear plan you know than why not sharing it with us?

Answers like: "Great idea!" are not too constructive, don't you think? I see Andrew and Kris had a discussion going about it so any info would be good smile.gif

What do you mean Pavel - a radio is pretty self explanatory to me?

However, I agree that this is a good place to discuss some details of it as well (where to present it, which songs to choose, channels etc).

Of course - we will have to see what is technically possible.

By the way, it struck me that it would be really cool if we could get the player to read the audio from the lesson videos - this way we could offer a metal channel as well as a blues channel! biggrin.gif (we have already done a lot of the work when categorising etc)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
Dec 16 2007, 11:25 AM
Instructor
You see? That's what i wanted - to discuss and state some detailed ideas - genre channels are good! That radio would actually be great as an audio preview for new visitors who want to quickly hear the material offered my GMC.

Btw. the main page will get really crowded with features biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 16 2007, 11:38 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Pavel @ Dec 16 2007, 11:25 AM) *
You see? That's what i wanted - to discuss and state some detailed ideas - genre channels are good! That radio would actually be great as an audio preview for new visitors who want to quickly hear the material offered my GMC.

Btw. the main page will get really crowded with features biggrin.gif

Ok! I believe Muris intention was to spark some discussion around this - not necessarily to collect the technical specifications before the actual implementation.

I think it's great to know which people are interested - and if anyone has some more detailed ideas, that's a bonus - but definitely not a requirement participate in the discussion. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Dec 16 2007, 11:39 AM
Instructor
It sounds great, but what music would be in this radio?? music from our lesson would be a bit boring to listen to all the time, but music collabs or some instructor songs would be great

+Quote Post
Pavel
Dec 16 2007, 11:40 AM
Instructor
Well, if somebody has any ideas we can easily drop them in here! smile.gif

The radio can also has a restriction to unregistered members, so they can only hear like 3 channels, while GMC members can hear all of it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 16 2007, 11:41 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Dec 16 2007, 11:39 AM) *
It sounds great, but what music would be in this radio?? music from our lesson would be a bit boring to listen to all the time, but music collabs or some instructor songs would be great

I think we should separate the lesson audio tracks from the "real" channels where instructors can upload their music into different categories. We should also have a channel for student collabs!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Dec 16 2007, 11:55 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Dec 16 2007, 11:41 AM) *
I think we should separate the lesson audio tracks from the "real" channels where instructors can upload their music into different categories. We should also have a channel for student collabs!

Yeah, that's right, and we can add a "shuffle" channel whitch would contain all the songs biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 16 2007, 12:46 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I think that this can be good idea , but it would be great to be implanted into forum (to be playing while we read the forum)..I think it would be a little bit confusing on the main page but cool on forums (as we do reading on it ) wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 07:21 PM