> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Petitkyu's Thread, for Gab's Army
petitkyu
Aug 29 2017, 07:03 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hi Gab,

I keep on working on my timing... The Am blues rhythm part should be ready soon, but the solo part is quiet hard for me... It's difficult for me to be in time with the rhythm part, as I am too concentrated on what I play to listen to the backing track. If you have any advices or lessons to help me for this, I would be glad.
I hope to be able to make a video on the power chord lesson from Darius, as well as for the basic rock rythm lesson.

Meanwhile, I worked also on another blues lesson: the blues chord in E

Here is my attempt, for you to give some comments:

cheers,

Laurent

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 30 2017, 02:29 PM
Instructor
Hi mate,

The key to play the solo right is diary practice and repetition in order to be able to get familiar with the groove and different techniques involved. When we get enough familiar with a technique and lick, we don't have to put our focus on each element, things happen naturally. When we are not able to do it, it means that we need:

- More days of practice.
- Divide it in smaller sections.
- Practice at a slower tempo.

Regarding the video. The lesson is going on the right track but you tend to go before the beat in many parts. I notice that you are moving your leg/foot with the beat which is a good thing. Try to feel the groove with your whole body and focus on going tighter.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
petitkyu
Aug 30 2017, 03:41 PM
Thanks Gab,

too bad that there are not secret techniques... only practice... !
For training at slower tempo, it would be helpful to be able to download the slower backing tracks... there is only the "jam along" that is available for download, at full speed... are there any tricks to get those slower BT? I don't always have an easy network access when playing guitar...

Laurent

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 31 2017, 02:10 PM
Instructor
Hi Laurent,

Unfortunately, only normal tempo backings are available for download. If you need any specific one, I can share it. If not, you can use any tool for changing speed of backings like like Amazing Slow Downer or this page: https://audiotrimmer.com/audio-speed-changer/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
petitkyu
Aug 31 2017, 03:10 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 31 2017, 03:10 PM) *
you can use any tool for changing speed of backings like like Amazing Slow Downer or this page: https://audiotrimmer.com/audio-speed-changer/

That's exactly what I needed... much better than using VLC!!
thanks,
laurent

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 1 2017, 05:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (petitkyu @ Aug 31 2017, 11:10 AM) *
That's exactly what I needed... much better than using VLC!!
thanks,
laurent

Great! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
petitkyu
Sep 3 2017, 09:46 AM
Hi Gab,

I'm sorry, but I will have to stop playing for a few days... I think I hurted myself at the left hand while training a little bit over-enthusiastically at bends... mad.gif ...I'll take this opportunity to read the GMC grimoire and progress in theory... Any advices about some starting materials ?
If you have any advice about proper warming up and stretching, I'll be glad to apply them...
Hope to come back soon...

laurent

This post has been edited by petitkyu: Sep 3 2017, 12:59 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 3 2017, 06:22 PM
Instructor
Hi mate,

I'm so sorry to know that you've hurt your hands. I strongly recommend this for waming up:

And regarding guitar theory, Guthrie Govan's Creative Guitar I is great! It's very interesting and clear, and it covers theory and technique from beginner to advanced very smooothly. If you have the opportunity, go for it.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
petitkyu
Mar 18 2021, 12:53 PM
Hi Gab,

after a loooong break, I am glad to be back at GMC! I think that I was a little bit optimistic about the level of the lessons I tried... Hence I felt a little bit discouraged. Durin this break, I kept playing guitar (I built one also...).
I'll try to be more realistic this time! I will soon post videos in order to get your feedback and advices.
see you soon!

laurent

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 18 2021, 02:31 PM
Instructor
Hi Laurent!! Nice to hear from you! This sounds great!! Can't wait to check and comment your new vids!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
petitkyu
Mar 19 2021, 10:10 PM
Hi Gab,

as promised, here is a first take for the lesson "Blues Chords in E" : original lesson, at 40 bpm...

I am not completely on the beat, and left hand has to be improved...
What do you think?

Laurent

This post has been edited by petitkyu: Mar 19 2021, 10:11 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 22 2021, 02:29 PM
Instructor

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
petitkyu
Mar 22 2021, 03:46 PM
Hi Gab !

it's really nice to have your answer in video ! It helps to better understand your advices...
I will try to focus on my right hand movement... I am also working on the "alternate picking basics"... but I am far from the target speed at 140bpm... I am struggling et 70-80bpm... I will definitely have a look into the lesson you mentioned.

I have identified a few lessons that I plan to start : "Gary Clark Jr style" and some other level 2 lessons you made...
However, feel free to suggest some lessons that you think might help me! Acoustic lessons are also welcome...

You are right: the guitar on the video is the one I built, and it is a telecaster... I really like to play with it!
The next one is on its way...

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 23 2021, 02:33 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Nice to know that the video response helped! smile.gif That new guitar coming looks beautiful!!!

This is the lesson that I've suggested for your picking practice: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Hand-Basics/

My Gary Clark Jr. lesson is also a good choice for you! Good balance between musicality and difficulty. Go for it!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
petitkyu
Mar 25 2021, 09:52 PM
Hi Gab,

thanks for the link... I'm working on it, video will soon be there (maybe not at full speed though...).

Meanwhile, I gave a try to your Gary Clark Jr session... Here is a first attempt at the first part (at 70 bpm, not using the backing track yet...)

I have the impression that I am always a bit ahead of the time... What do you thing ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 26 2021, 03:01 PM
Instructor

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
petitkyu
Mar 28 2021, 08:55 PM
Hi Gab,

thanks for your comment... I will work on my hammer-on.
Meanwhile, I've also been working on the picking hand basic lesson your recommended... here is an attempt at 110 bpm.

It still needs some polishing: I am never able to record without a mistake somewhere, but never at the same place! And, of course, I have to reach 120 bpm...
Is it going in the right direction? Any specific problem that I should pay attention to?

cheers,
Laurent

This post has been edited by petitkyu: Mar 28 2021, 08:56 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 29 2021, 04:11 PM
Instructor

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
petitkyu
Mar 29 2021, 09:19 PM
Hi Gab,

I hope you are doing well and keeping safe!
Thanks for your comments and your advices... Your answers in video are relay great!
I've been trying to reduce the right hand fingers movements a little, and also to emphasize the first note in the beat...

Here it is... the same one at the same speed...

I do have the feeling that I am less in a rush to hold the tempo with the 16th notes... The shred bootcamp lessons did help for that...
It seems much more difficult to add the accent on the first note of the 2nd triplet (the upstroke)... I'll keep working on that...

This post has been edited by petitkyu: Mar 29 2021, 09:22 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 30 2021, 02:58 PM
Instructor

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 09:19 AM