Just Signed Up!, Wanted to say hello
rokchik
Mar 22 2007, 02:53 AM
The Dark Canuck
Greetings from Goose Bay Canada! I just signed up to GMC about 5 minutes ago and wanted to introduce myself.
I just started playing guitar about a year and a half ago and am loving it. Been teaching myself so kinda slow going but looking to get better.
Don't have much of a guitar story...always wanted to play but for whatever reason never learned. ( was a mean air guitarist though ) Then one day I decided I was going to learn ( I had just turned 28 and wanted to play before I turned 30 which is next month) so bought a cheap guitar and started. Have moved up drastically from the old cheapy Sears special...have a Gibson Les Paul Standard that I purchased last August as a gift for myself. Slowly beginning to think I may be a rhythm guitarist not a lead but hoping this site will help with that. I also have a Garrison G20 acoustic which are made here in Newfoundland.
As for musical tastes I've noticed they've changed a lot since I started playing guitar. Use to listen to a lot of Hip Hop but now it's mostly anything Tom Morello plays. I also listen to Zeppelin, Oasis, the Rolling Stones(saw them in concert in Halifax last year....awesome!) The Who and pretty much anything with a guitar.
Anywho thats enough for an intro I'm sure I'll talk to ya as time goes on...and I want to start looking at the site. TTYL! biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fkalich
Mar 22 2007, 03:41 AM
GMC:er
This site is as good a bargain as one can find for $29 a season. Rock Chalk Jayhawk to you rokchik! I realize as a Canadian you have no idea what that means. But your name sounds so much like it, I had to say it.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
rokchik
Mar 22 2007, 06:41 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (fkalich @ Mar 21 2007, 11:41 PM) *
This site is as good a bargain as one can find for $29 a season. Rock Chalk Jayhawk to you rokchik! I realize as a Canadian you have no idea what that means. But your name sounds so much like it, I had to say it.

Actually I'm a big fan of US university hoops. I'm a Kentucky Wildcats fan myself, don't hold that against me though, but I am familier with your chant.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:21 PM