I Want Your Opinion
Leviathan
Jun 14 2007, 05:00 AM
GMC:er
On this Band

Because i want to get as good as them or even better... but i just have a problem with making the music...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 14 2007, 05:26 AM
QUOTE (Leviathan @ Jun 13 2007, 10:00 PM) *
On this Band

Because i want to get as good as them or even better... but i just have a problem with making the music...

wow, they are really good. But i dont understand..you want YOUR band to get as good as them or better? r do YOU want to be as good/better than their guitarist?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Leviathan
Jun 14 2007, 06:14 AM
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Jun 13 2007, 11:26 PM) *
wow, they are really good. But i dont understand..you want YOUR band to get as good as them or better? r do YOU want to be as good/better than their guitarist?

I want to be as good or better as the guitarist...

I would like some help by the moderators to... i want to know how i could get to be that good and how long would it take...

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 14 2007, 06:37 AM
QUOTE (Leviathan @ Jun 13 2007, 11:14 PM) *
I want to be as good or better as the guitarist...

I would like some help by the moderators to... i want to know how i could get to be that good and how long would it take...

well thats up to you my friend. YOU determine how long it will take. If you practice all day, im sure you will get there before you know it wink.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
jammer91
Jun 14 2007, 11:24 PM
DUDe these guys are really good...But they also have good equipment!!!
You looking into lead or rythem?
If you look into lead practice the stuf on GMC...
If your looking into rythem (thats what i do) then just practice power chords all day and techniques like palm mute and a few lead techniques and youve just ate their socks!!!

--------------------

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 10 2007, 12:27 AM) *
Part of the key to success is to never call yourself good...

My RIg:
-Epiphone 1967 FLying V
-Line 6 POD XT live
-VOX Valvetronics AD30VT
-Yamaha EG-112
-Yamaha GA-10
-Some Yamaha acoustic which is a magnet to dust under my bed

End World Hunger

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jun 14 2007, 11:45 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
EDIT: Deleted everything. I was a bit to harsh on their skills and that wasn't neccessary.

Let's put it like this. Do your homework here at GMC, practice a few hors every day and within a year you will be as good or better.

This post has been edited by MickeM: Jun 15 2007, 12:04 AM

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jun 17 2007, 03:15 AM
The only thing you have to remember is that they will continue to improve as well, just remember that how good you are depends first on what you are playing and second on what you want to sound like. Some people call symphony X better than Opeth because they are faster, but when you contrast who can say who is better when they play different music. just keep practising and writing complex riffs and it will be the public who decides whos better

Ps. i don't think that they are that great, although their riffs sound complex their solos were not, and the drummer was off beat most of the song which is hard to accomplish when it is usually the drummer who keeps the beat smile.gif.

wanna hear a good band ohmy.gif jk wanna hear a band that i find to be better than this ( different genre )
www.purevolume.com/acidreigncanada

solos are better, and most riffing uses more speed picking yet its very playable, i model my playing after these guys as one of my amateur influences

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
lespaulrocker
Jun 17 2007, 03:19 AM
very true

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:31 PM