A New Year! ......keep Fit And Proper Diet
mattacuk
Jan 14 2009, 01:53 PM
Lets go fishing!
Ok so the past couple weeks i have really altered my life style. Throughout last year i got zero exercise and ate alot of fatty junk foods, burgers, hot dogs, sausage rolls, crisps, cakes, pies, soda.... you get the picture.

I put on a stone last year which I am now attempting to loose smile.gif I have swapped all these fatty foods for fruits, salads (veg), chicken, mineral water and nuts and seeds etc. I am also getting some exercise everyday, either abike ride or a long walk.

I dont want to gain any muscle just loose weight and be healthy. I was wondering if anyone else here at gmc is doing any keep fit as part of there new years resolution?

matt smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 14 2009, 01:57 PM
GMC:er
I have started doing more exercise but still eat awful food and drink heavily lol. I put on about a stone and a half last year lol but it kind of makes me look healthier now as I'm 6 foot 5 and I was too thin at one time. I've just started playing tennis and badminton and I'm trying to walk everywhere rather than get the bus so I walk a lot of the way to work and it takes 1 hour but it's a great work. I'm a firm believer that you should be able to eat what you want and you can eat what you want as long as you do the exercise to balance it out. I feel a lot fitter already and it's making me happier.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
purple hayes
Jan 14 2009, 02:54 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
I'm back on track again.

Before I picked up the guitar again a little over a year ago, I was a pretty competitive duathlete. I kinda let that slide because I was spending so much time playing guitar. I've put on some weight and now it's time to take it back off.

My advice to you is to find a forum where you can check in daily with people that have similar goals (either weight loss or fitness). It helps a ton if you've got people that are holding you accountable to your goals.

I can send you a couple of links if you're interested.

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jan 14 2009, 03:48 PM
Yeah me:D I just wanted to loose weight gain muscle a bit. I dont have a "ideal weight" , But when theres a visual six-pack, you know its good:D

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 14 2009, 03:51 PM
QUOTE (Jesse @ Jan 14 2009, 02:48 PM) *
Yeah me:D I just wanted to loose weight gain muscle a bit. I dont have a "ideal weight" , But when theres a visual six-pack, you know its good:D

I prefer a 24 pack crate of beer tongue.gif laugh.gif

I really detest how muscles look so I'm just looking to lose some weight and get rid of the baps laugh.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 14 2009, 05:33 PM
Instructor
Well, I'm considering going on some sort of sport activity, like swiming, but we'll see. It's pretty cold atm smile.gif

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Jan 14 2009, 05:33 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Jan 14 2009, 05:58 PM
Instructor
Me too, but I'm considering get back to the gym :S but here is summer and it's like 36°C out there...

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post
berko
Jan 14 2009, 06:03 PM
Started my daily jogging-session again. (Around three blocks in the outer districts of the city with a bit cleaner air). 4.5 kms to go each occasion. I hope I'll jog off some weight now on...

Oh, instead of Burger King I switched completely to KFC... which can be considered as a sensible step towards healthy life. laugh.gif laugh.gif

EDIT: post 666 (spoooky)

This post has been edited by berko: Jan 14 2009, 06:03 PM

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
superize
Jan 14 2009, 08:04 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I hope i can train a bit more and i try to cut down on snacks.....

So far i have spend a lot of time on the hockey rink and i try to take walks on a regular basis and i try to sit less at the computer.....

Hopefully i can loose some unwanted weight before the football(soccer) season starts

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Canis
Jan 14 2009, 08:12 PM
Learning Rock Star
I traded out all junkfood, chocolate, chips and soda for healthy sandwiches, salads and water, and I've stopped taking that extra plate of dinner, after reading some post here on GMC a while ago. I think it was in August.. Anywyay, I've lost 15kg since then ^^
Just keeping up the same procedure now =)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Jan 14 2009, 09:53 PM
I'm probably going to go to the gym once again, and I'm gonna try to get a bit more fit this year. Not cutting down on junk food though, I just need to eat more.

--------------------

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jan 14 2009, 09:59 PM
The Dark Canuck
Well i never made a resolution to lose weight... as I never stick with it so it never seems to work smile.gif But I have made a conscience effort to take a healthier approach to life. I haven't had a soda since christmas, I'm drinking more water and just eating healthier overall. I also made a vow to break a sweat at least once a day... which I might add is hard at -30 C laugh.gif But the dogs are getting longer walks and we've been snowshoeing a few times. I'm going on a cross country ski trip on Saturday if the weather cooperates as well. Like I said my resolution is not specifically to lose weight but it is a great by product of a healthier lifestyle. I've lost 5 lbs so far smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 14 2009, 11:23 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
What a great topic , perfect for me! smile.gif I really want to make a new years resolution this time and loose some weight (If I loose 10 kg I will be extremely happy)...I really need all the advices about food (what is a healthy sandwich for example etc)..I will try to be much more active then usually..I started going to ice skating ring very often as a new skill to learn this year, and I don't know how many calories it burns but its working great for me so far (I really get tired , sweat and feel muscles working)...

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
superize
Jan 14 2009, 11:25 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jan 14 2009, 11:23 PM) *
What a great topic , perfect for me! smile.gif I really want to make a new years resolution this time and loose some weight (If I loose 10 kg I will be extremely happy)...I really need all the advices about food (what is a healthy sandwich for example etc)..I will try to be much more active then usually..I started going to ice skating ring very often as a new skill to learn this year, and I don't know how many calories it burns but its working great for me so far (I really get tired , sweat and feel muscles working)...

Ice skating is perfect workout.......

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jan 14 2009, 11:32 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (superize @ Jan 14 2009, 06:25 PM) *

Couldn't agree more! I Miss playing hockey this year sad.gif But been out at the rink a few times messing around.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 14 2009, 11:42 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (superize @ Jan 14 2009, 11:25 PM) *

QUOTE (rokchik @ Jan 14 2009, 11:32 PM) *
Couldn't agree more! I Miss playing hockey this year sad.gif But been out at the rink a few times messing around.

Thanks for the info!! Now I really feel I'm on the right track with it , as I really like how it goes , got ability to go often and I think I found a new sport (which I can practice during whole winter and most parts of the year) ! smile.gif

just found some online calculator and it seems that 80minutes of ice skating burns about 700kcal in my case smile.gif
That's great , seems better then threadmil or bike in a gym , and its more fun smile.gif

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Jan 14 2009, 11:51 PM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Jan 15 2009, 09:34 PM
Instructor
I've been cutting back in cola and chips and stuff like that for a while now. It's just to stay healthy, since I can't for the live of me gain weight even though I eat greasy foods pretty much biggrin.gif I even went to the doctor to see if there's something wrong with me, and everything was in order.

My stomach is wierd tongue.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 15 2009, 11:50 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (purple hayes @ Jan 14 2009, 02:54 PM) *
My advice to you is to find a forum where you can check in daily with people that have similar goals (either weight loss or fitness). It helps a ton if you've got people that are holding you accountable to your goals.

I can send you a couple of links if you're interested.

I am down with advices smile.gif
Go for it !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jan 16 2009, 12:21 AM
ive been hitting the gym everyday.. i take weekends off.. im avoiding eating badly as much as possible ( but i still love eating hamburgers and things.. just less often). I try and take the stairs instead of the elevator.. i walk long distances instead of bus and im just generally living healthier.. for springbreak this year im heading to cuba.. gotta look good for the beaches biggrin.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
g-forcelover
Jan 16 2009, 12:49 AM
right now my main exercise is going to as many concerts as I can, and moshing!

--------------------

i tripped and broke my guitar's neck. :(

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:21 PM