Slipknot Bass Player Died!, slipknot bass guitarist died
Chowy Fernandez
May 25 2010, 02:40 AM
GMC:er
Oh man! How did we miss this? Lol

SLIPKNOT bassist Paul Gray was found dead in a hotel in Des Moins, Iowa, Monday morning.

According the Urbandale Police Department, an employee at the hotel found Gray’s body in his room early today.

Police found no evidence of foul play at the scene, but there will be an investigation into Gray’s death, TMZ reports.

An autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday. Toxicology tests will be done, according to The Des Moines Register newspaper.

Gray was arrested on drug charges in June 2003, after he crashed his Porsche into a Des Moines motorist at Martin Luther King Jr. Parkway and Carpenter Avenue. He was charged with marijuana possession, cocaine possession, possession of drug paraphernalia and a red-light violation. He later pleaded guilty to operating while under the influence of drugs, and was sentenced to one year of informal probation.

Paul — who was 38 — was expecting his first child with wife Brenna.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 25 2010, 02:58 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
How many musicians have been killed by drugs now? The list keeps going, its a shame.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
May 25 2010, 04:05 AM
Instructor
the wrong drug at the wrong time sad.gif

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
thefireball
May 25 2010, 04:24 AM
Learning Roadie
It's a shame people throw their lives away with drugs. May the family be comforted. I'll pray for this family tonight.

+Quote Post
Berglmir
May 25 2010, 09:21 AM
QUOTE (Adrian Figallo @ May 25 2010, 05:05 AM) *
the wrong drug at the wrong time sad.gif

Is there really a right drug and a right time?! unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Mrblomme
May 25 2010, 09:39 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Berglmir @ May 25 2010, 10:21 AM) *

Morphine when you're REALLY sick. wink.gif

--------------------
Homer J. Simpson: Rockstars is there anything they dont know?

+Quote Post
Wabba
May 25 2010, 12:36 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
sad.gif

I heard about this too, and i'm a big slipknot fan, and this is just sad sad.gif

R.I.P Paul sad.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
May 25 2010, 12:40 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Sorry to hear that, another musician gone RIP

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
thefireball
May 25 2010, 10:26 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Berglmir @ May 25 2010, 03:21 AM) *

+1

+Quote Post
Mrblomme
May 25 2010, 11:56 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Well never was a real big fan of the band but it sure was a great musician. RIP

--------------------
Homer J. Simpson: Rockstars is there anything they dont know?

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 26 2010, 01:41 AM
Another sad story of drug addiction. They always tend to end the same way. Talented musician found dead in motel room. Very sad.

Todd

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 26 2010, 03:08 AM
Instructor
Very sad indeed sad.gif I guess famous people are under immense pressure, so they start taking drugs. That is not excuse ofc, and it usually ends tragically.. how many great people have ended this way... sad.gif

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: May 26 2010, 03:08 AM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Zsolt Galambos
May 26 2010, 09:50 AM
GMC Coordinator & Instructor
This is too much. Pete Steel, Dio, now Paul... R.I.P. bro sad.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

Check out my Personal Board

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
May 26 2010, 01:21 PM
Sad news. I'm sure Dio, Dimebag, The Reverend , and Paul are all jamming someplace together now.

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jun 18 2010, 06:20 PM
Learning Roadie
Well, does anybody know how this all turned out? Was it indeed drugs? What did the tests show?

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 18 2010, 06:47 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Nothing new yet. The autopsy showed nothing ...now they are waiting for the toxigology report, which was said can take up to 6 weeks, so we may have to wait a while longer.

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jun 18 2010, 10:31 PM
Learning Tone Master
This is sad news for all fans of the band ofc. , but I dont really know how many excellent musicians I've seen that spoiled their careers, marriages and living by taking drugs. I dont think its an excuse that musicians lives under pressure on tour, or that the fame are making them extra sensible. Its all about to do a personal choice in life - whether You are a musician, dentist or garbage collector. I've noticed with sadness that the drugs in the music business are here to stay again, there was some years in the 80-90'ths where musicians tends to use drugs less. But to face the truth, they are all over us in our daily life, and I have found no solution that makes sense to stop the abuse. I have by now five friends from my childhood/youth that passed away just because drug addiction. So to You all young players here around: Watch and LEARN!

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jul 13 2010, 06:37 PM
Instructor
This is very sad,

R.I.P

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:05 PM