2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Logitech Quick Cam Pro 900
Outlaw2112
Mar 2 2009, 01:56 AM
GMC:er
Im having problems with audio on this webcam... Ive noticed that in the mic settings on here i can add my pod, but it has a terrible crackling sound when i record this way or through the logitech mic..

Any ideas on how to fix this?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Mar 2 2009, 02:42 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I made my first recording with the same camera tonight Paul. I am having the same problems you are and if I find a solution I will let you know.

Cheers

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 2 2009, 03:06 AM
Instructor
Maybe web cam is having troubles to process all that sound coming
from Pod or something else, just guessing tho.
Anyhow, I would still record audio and video separately,
video with the cam and audio directly into DAW like Reaper, Cubase etc.
It might be more complex thing to do but will give you best quality at the end. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Mar 2 2009, 03:18 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Mar 1 2009, 09:06 PM) *
Maybe web cam is having troubles to process all that sound coming
from Pod or something else, just guessing tho.
Anyhow, I would still record audio and video separately,
video with the cam and audio directly into DAW like Reaper, Cubase etc.
It might be more complex thing to do but will give you best quality at the end. smile.gif

Yeah, you maybe right. I notice the video lagging while recording. I set the web cam's audio source to my Toneport. Next time I will try as you suggest and do audio in reaper and just let the web cam do the video with the audio source muted. I hope my CPU can handle it laugh.gif

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Fran
Mar 2 2009, 05:04 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
I do it as Muris said, and have no problems. To avoid poor framerate I suggest you turn off all auto settings (right light etc.) and adjust them manually, you can easily double the frame rate and still keep a nice quality image.

To put together both files (video & sound) you can use windows movie maker or any other software.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
ztevie
Mar 2 2009, 05:38 PM
I had serious problems with this Logitech camera and pod. My problem was that when Logitech drivers were installed, I couldn't use the POd xt with USB. Or, I could use it, but when turning off the POD a blue screen appeared every time. After some research I found people have had all sorts of issues with pod and installed Logitgech drivers. They don't seem to be so close friends?

I did however always record audio separatly, as said above...

--------------------
Gear:
* Vigier Shawn Lane Master, Bridge Bareknuckle Nailbomb, Middle DiMarzio FS-1, Neck Bareknuckle Cold Sweat
* Padalka Custom Space-6, Bareknuckle Juggernaut set
* Ztevie's Blue, Custom Handbuilt by Rek Guitars, Seymour Duncan Full Shred humbucker set
* Yamaha LLX6 Acoustic
* Fractal Audio Axe FX II XL+

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 2 2009, 11:36 PM
Instructor
When not recording the audio on the video file, you can strum the strings before recording - this can give you a sync point.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 2 2009, 11:37 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Mar 2 2009, 03:18 AM) *
Yeah, you maybe right. I notice the video lagging while recording. I set the web cam's audio source to my Toneport. Next time I will try as you suggest and do audio in reaper and just let the web cam do the video with the audio source muted. I hope my CPU can handle it laugh.gif

Give it a shot, fingers crossed. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
jer
Mar 3 2009, 05:42 AM
definitely turn right light off.

And get a lamp to shine on you when filming.

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 3 2009, 08:06 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (ztevie @ Mar 2 2009, 05:38 PM) *
I had serious problems with this Logitech camera and pod. My problem was that when Logitech drivers were installed, I couldn't use the POd xt with USB. Or, I could use it, but when turning off the POD a blue screen appeared every time. After some research I found people have had all sorts of issues with pod and installed Logitgech drivers. They don't seem to be so close friends?

I did however always record audio separatly, as said above...

You may want to experiment with different USB ports...But some devices just don't want to cooperate..For example if I use Toneport on USB and my external hard drive enclosure with USB too , external hard drive just keeps crashing and reseting etc...Maybe USB ports can't supply enough power or something..

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Mar 3 2009, 09:27 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Mar 3 2009, 08:06 PM) *
You may want to experiment with different USB ports...But some devices just don't want to cooperate..For example if I use Toneport on USB and my external hard drive enclosure with USB too , external hard drive just keeps crashing and reseting etc...Maybe USB ports can't supply enough power or something..

Or your computer has a limited power supply wattage which results in instability maybe?

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
big harry
Mar 3 2009, 09:46 PM
Learning Roadie - CHALLENGE STAR!
i am using quickcam pro 9000 and toneport ux1 without any problems
with my old computer a had lots of problems with framerate and sound, just as i got my new computer (without thinking that this could be the problem) all problems with that were solved
now i record directly via webcam and the sound i get from toneport without any crushy noise or whatever

so in my case the computer was the problem
and YES redlight effect should be OFF otherwise it will slow down the frame rate, but this has nothing to do with the sound i guess.
you can see an recording in the february competition, if you want to have a look
no reaper and no cubase was used

cya
Harry

+Quote Post
jer
Mar 3 2009, 10:05 PM
You may want to experiment with different USB ports...

Ahhh YES! I forgot about this.

I had this problem too. On one of my usb ports I didnt get a very good picture, I moved it to another while chatting with Dan one time and VIOLA! It was like high def all of a sudden.

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 7 2009, 05:07 AM
Ill try a few usb ports.... thanks for the suggestions... Ill let you know if it works

--------------------

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 14 2009, 01:01 PM
Im still working on this issue. I sat on the phone with logitech for over an hour last week. I installed the new version of logitech on my computer and still have the same issue. Ive muted the mic and turned the recording volume down and i still get a crackling noise on it when im using audacity to record with. Very frustrating wasting my time messing with this stuff when i want to be playing and learning guitar.

ohh yeah and its a logitech quickcam 9000 not a 900 smile.gif

Anymore suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

This post has been edited by Outlaw2112: Mar 14 2009, 01:02 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
Mar 14 2009, 01:28 PM
Have you tried recording just video without sound input on the webcam, and recording the sound trough reaper, then mixing both with movie maker?, from what you said on your last post I don't know if you are still trying to use the webcam's mic.

I have no problem whatsoever recording vid with webcam & sound with reaper.

One more thing: the few times I was lazy and tried recording directly through the webcam I tried two things:

1) Recording with the cams mic: I noticed I had to put my speakers further away from the webcam so they wouldn't clip the sound. It's a pretty sensitive mic even at low volumes.

2) Tried recording with the webcam setting the mic to PodX3. Had no problems. But that way I couldn't record along with backings (maybe there's a way to do it but I don't know how).

So bottom line is I use pod & Reaper for sound + Webacam for vid and mix it later with movie maker.

--------------------
Guitars:
Amp:
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:

Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Mar 14 2009, 01:31 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
The cracking may be caused by over modulation with the mic Outlaw but could be a few other things. Problems like this are frustrating as all you can do is a long series of tests to find the cause. If you can try the following:

i) use a studio mic to record with Audacity. If the crackling is still there then the issue is with Audacity, the cables, or the pc, or some combination.

ii) download Reaper and try the Logitech through that. If the crackling is still there then the issue is most probably with the Logitech mic. If it is over modulation then I think the only thing you can do is to get a refund and a replacement.

If you can't do the above then I'd take it back and ask for a refund as 'not fit for purpose'.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 14 2009, 01:50 PM
QUOTE (Fran @ Mar 14 2009, 01:28 PM) *
Have you tried recording just video without sound input on the webcam, and recording the sound trough reaper, then mixing both with movie maker?, from what you said on your last post I don't know if you are still trying to use the webcam's mic.

I have no problem whatsoever recording vid with webcam & sound with reaper.

One more thing: the few times I was lazy and tried recording directly through the webcam I tried two things:

1) Recording with the cams mic: I noticed I had to put my speakers further away from the webcam so they wouldn't clip the sound. It's a pretty sensitive mic even at low volumes.

2) Tried recording with the webcam setting the mic to PodX3. Had no problems. But that way I couldn't record along with backings (maybe there's a way to do it but I don't know how).

So bottom line is I use pod & Reaper for sound + Webacam for vid and mix it later with movie maker.

havent tried it with reaper yet.. but i have tried it in audacity. I wanted to record the video and audio separately at the same time and mix them in movie maker. Ill try reaper in a little while and see if audacity is the problem.. Only thing is im not the best at using reaper, thats why i still use audacity.

And ive also tried my webcam setting to pod x3 and its crackling like a warm campfire... mad.gif

I did this using the logitech webcam mic and there isnt cracklinig.. also when i record without the webcam on audacity there isnt any crackling..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
Mar 14 2009, 01:58 PM
Is your computer low on ram/cpu maybe? Does audacity handle asio driver?

You can always give a try with reaper, will take you just 5 minutes. It's hard to tell what could be causing the problem.

--------------------
Guitars:
Amp:
Effects:
Recording:

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Mar 14 2009, 02:06 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
The standard release version of Audacity doesn't have ASIO Fran. AFAIK the only way you can use ASIO in Audacity is to compile an Audacity version yourself and then implement ASIO SDK from Steinberg or ASIO-4ALL.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:28 PM