8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
New Instructor - Marcus Siepen, Blind Guardian guitarist
Danilo Capezzuto
Mar 6 2008, 03:11 AM
Instructor
Welcome Marcus!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nick325
Mar 6 2008, 03:24 AM
GMC:er
awsome

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Orlandun
Mar 6 2008, 05:19 AM
I've been thinking of joining this site for awhile now and you joining the instructor roster was the finalthing to get me to cave.

I can't wait for you to give me something to play on this black gibson les paul you guys sent me about a year back. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Mar 6 2008, 08:04 AM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
God... 5 pages of welcoming me??? You guys are nuts :-) Well, all I can say is that I feel honored to be a part of the GMC family, when I discovered this site I was blown away and joined immediately... as a student! There are so many awesome lessons here, from a whole lot of incredible teachers, there is so much to learn, so much I can improve and add to my playing, I just loved it. And actually the abilities of some of the other instructors almost prevented me from contacting Kristofer and asking if I could join as an instructor myself, some of those guys are so incredibly good, so much better than I am as a guitarist, I was pretty intimidated for a while wink.gif But well, I will do my best to give you some good lessons and I hope you will enjoy them as much as I enjoy the lessons from the other guys here.

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Mar 6 2008, 08:09 AM
Excuse me for the language but...

OMGWTF!!!!

/edit: Sorry, I'm so excited I forgot to say: Welcome Marcus!
Dispite my age I love Blind Guardian

This post has been edited by blindwillie: Mar 6 2008, 08:33 AM

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
SensE
Mar 6 2008, 08:31 AM
OMG ! I can't believe my eyes.
I hope you are a good instructor as well as a good guitarist.
Welcome !

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Mar 6 2008, 08:45 AM
Lets go fishing!
It looks like we have some very excited members here at GMC smile.gif wink.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Maria
Mar 6 2008, 10:29 AM
Administrator
Hi Marcus and welcome to GMC! smile.gif And what an amazing welcome! I really look forward to your coming lessons (I must admit that I already looked at your first one when preparing it for publishing - it looks great! biggrin.gif )

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Mar 6 2008, 10:31 AM
QUOTE (Maria @ Mar 6 2008, 10:29 AM) *
Hi Marcus and welcome to GMC! smile.gif And what an amazing welcome! I really look forward to your coming lessons (I must admit that I already looked at your first one when preparing it for publishing - it looks great! biggrin.gif )

Oooh, this isn't fair sad.gif

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Rethla
Mar 6 2008, 10:42 AM
Welcome Marcus, you and Andre are the very reason i started playing guitar.
Actually reading your blogg post about masterclass was what made me finally decide to take the first step and buy me an guitarr and also sign up here. Im really looking forward to your first lesson tho i doubt i will be able to play it for a long time yet as im currently struggeling with the first beginner scales smile.gif

+Quote Post
Angelica
Mar 6 2008, 11:54 AM
QUOTE (Maria @ Mar 6 2008, 10:29 AM) *

arr the privilege of being admin laugh.gif mad.gif mad.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

It's better to please much to a few, than to please a few to many

+Quote Post
Angelica
Mar 6 2008, 11:56 AM
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Mar 6 2008, 08:04 AM) *
And actually the abilities of some of the other instructors almost prevented me from contacting Kristofer and asking if I could join as an instructor myself, some of those guys are so incredibly good, so much better than I am as a guitarist, I was pretty intimidated for a while wink.gif

As often happens with the best ones, our new instructor is also very modest. This is a life lesson for all of us!!

--------------------

It's better to please much to a few, than to please a few to many

+Quote Post
Melodic Axeman
Mar 6 2008, 01:16 PM
hours, months, years with your music in the ears, can't believe you are here now!

Hope to see other lessons from you, I have a small wishing list..

ahah joking! laugh.gif

But I can't wait to see your own style(without hansi screaming on it ! tongue.gif ) and learn from you !

Thanks Marcus (for all) and thanks GMC !

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Mar 6 2008, 01:22 PM
Learning Roadie
... im gobsmacked...
theres me thinking most famous guitarists were too busy to browse the web tongue.gif (thats a joke biggrin.gif)

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ Dual EMG 81 Pickups. Size 11 Strings.
Ibanez GRG170DX w/ Scallopd frets 17-24 - w/ Dimebucker and APH-1.
Tanglewood TW28 STR DLX CE INDIANA Acoustic Guitar
NEW: Dean Deceiver w/ EMG 81/EMG 85 Pickups
Effects:
Pod XT Live AND Pod X3 Live
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

Fly From The Inside (Cover)
So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:
Chris Kerswell Soundclick Page

Check out Munta's Step By Step Songwriting Lesson

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Mar 6 2008, 02:38 PM
QUOTE (Melodic Axeman @ Mar 6 2008, 01:16 PM) *
hours, months, years with your music in the ears, can't believe you are here now!

Hope to see other lessons from you, I have a small wishing list..

ahah joking! laugh.gif

But I can't wait to see your own style(without hansi screaming on it ! tongue.gif ) and learn from you !

Thanks Marcus (for all) and thanks GMC !

Haha, THIS is your whishlist? it might take some time to record lessons about all this wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jeff
Mar 6 2008, 04:25 PM
Hi Marcus,

I have to admit something here and don't shoot me for this... but I have never heard your music before unsure.gif Anyway, I'll buy one of your CD's and listen to it. What would be your favorite one for me to get if you had to pick?

thanks!

+Quote Post
Mr T
Mar 6 2008, 05:17 PM
I'll add another welcome to the pile: Welcome Marcus.

--------------------

Roland Cube 30; Toneport GX; Cort kx1; Ibanez RG1570; Ibanez EW35ABE-NT

http://www.last.fm/user/Mr_T83

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Mar 6 2008, 07:30 PM
@ Rethla: Wow, it is great to hear that Andre and me inspired you to pick up an instrument, I hope you will have a lot of fun playing guitar and don't worry about being an absolute beginner, all of us started like this wink.gif

@ Jeff: No problem, you don't have to know Blind Guardian and you also don't have to like my band, everybody likes something different. But if you want to check out Blind Guardian I would recommend you go for either "Live", a double live cd, or our live dvd "Imaginations through the looking glass", both will give you a pretty good overview about what we are doing. If you are not into live stuff get Imaginations from the other side.

@ Maria: Haha, you have been spying on my lesson :-) As Angelica said, this is the privilege of being an admin :-)

--------------------

+Quote Post
kuyabic
Mar 6 2008, 07:58 PM
Now way! laugh.gif How awesome is that?

+Quote Post
Rvddps
Mar 6 2008, 08:12 PM
Welcome Marcus, its funny, i first found out about BG on this very site, but i was back a good 9 months now i think. I think your music is great, but this also opens up opportunities for GMC. It allows for your bands songs to be learned, which is a big plus, and it also may attract other professional famous guitarists to the site

Im really looking forward to some of your lessons, but, please, buy an ibanez tongue.gif

Edit: By the way, when's the next tour happening, and is there any chance at all of you coming to Scotland.
And when i say Scotland, i mean Edinburgh, not Glasgow, becuase they get all the good gigs...

This post has been edited by Rvddps: Mar 6 2008, 08:21 PM

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:10 PM