New Instructor: Guido Bungenstock
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 21 2014, 11:19 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Welcome to GMC Guido!
Very tasty melodic phrasing and great mix of shred in between smile.gif

Looking forward to your new lessons!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fayeed Tan
Feb 22 2014, 04:23 AM
Instructor
My good friend GUIDO is in the house!!! Welcome to GMC man! Great to have you on board! biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
https://soundcloud.com/fayeedtan/el-nino-original-version
FOLLOW ME! www.facebook.com/fayeedtan
SUBSCRIBE! www.youtube.com/user/Fayeedtan/
FOLLOW ME! www.twitter.com/FayeedTAN
FOLLOW ME! www.soundcloud.com/fayeedtan

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 22 2014, 10:32 AM
Instructor
Hello Guido, welcome to GMC - you're guitar playing is incredible ! I love the tone you're getting from the JSX. Peavey's have been quite overlooked by people so it's great to see just what it can do. I used to have a Peavey Ultra and my friend had a XXX but never tried the JSX. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Guido Bungenstoc...
Feb 22 2014, 10:50 AM
Instructor
Hi Bogdan,
Many Thx! I'm really happy to be here!!

Fayeed, my Bro!!!
I love you, haha

Hi Ben,
Thx for your welcome and your nice words. Yeah, the JSX is an incredible great amp for live & studio. So much punch and dynamic, a great tone just for all styles!!!

This post has been edited by Guido Bungenstock: Feb 22 2014, 10:51 AM

--------------------
FIND ME HERE AT:
Guidorist.com

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 22 2014, 12:20 PM
Instructor
Welcome Guido! smile.gif Always nice to share the GMC boat with awesome players!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 22 2014, 04:37 PM
Learning Rock Star
I came across this yesterday looking through your youtube, Guido. This is a really cool approach, and I would love to see more of this at GMC.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Fayeed Tan
Feb 23 2014, 10:50 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Guido Bungenstock @ Feb 22 2014, 10:50 AM) *
Fayeed, my Bro!!!
I love you, haha

dude not here! ahahahaha just kidding love you man! you're the coolest! biggrin.gif

--------------------
https://soundcloud.com/fayeedtan/el-nino-original-version
FOLLOW ME! www.facebook.com/fayeedtan
SUBSCRIBE! www.youtube.com/user/Fayeedtan/
FOLLOW ME! www.twitter.com/FayeedTAN
FOLLOW ME! www.soundcloud.com/fayeedtan

+Quote Post
Guido Bungenstoc...
Feb 23 2014, 03:45 PM
Instructor
@Fayeed, ok sorry, Let's chat then, haha
@Cosmin, THX for your warm welcome, mate!!
@Caelumamittendum, THX, it's coming, it's coming, ;-)

--------------------
FIND ME HERE AT:
Guidorist.com

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 23 2014, 03:51 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Guido Bungenstock @ Feb 23 2014, 03:45 PM) *
@Caelumamittendum, THX, it's coming, it's coming, ;-)

Looking forward to it! smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 23 2014, 03:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 22 2014, 03:37 PM) *
I came across this yesterday looking through your youtube, Guido. This is a really cool approach, and I would love to see more of this at GMC.

Very nice approach here - I have a DVD with Johny Hiland in which he explains a lot of licks which are played like this! Definitely a distinct and great sound!

+Quote Post
Guido Bungenstoc...
Feb 23 2014, 03:58 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 23 2014, 03:52 PM) *
Very nice approach here - I have a DVD with Johny Hiland in which he explains a lot of licks which are played like this! Definitely a distinct and great sound!

THX. Yeah, exactly. This comes from the Country players who use this technique a lot. I like that.

--------------------
FIND ME HERE AT:
Guidorist.com

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 23 2014, 04:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Guido Bungenstock @ Feb 23 2014, 02:58 PM) *
THX. Yeah, exactly. This comes from the Country players who use this technique a lot. I like that.

Me too man smile.gif I learned a lot from Johny and I am most certain I have a lot to learn from you!

+Quote Post
Guido Bungenstoc...
Feb 23 2014, 04:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 23 2014, 04:19 PM) *
Me too man smile.gif I learned a lot from Johny and I am most certain I have a lot to learn from you!

Many THX mate!
well, at the end we all have to learn for our whole life! laugh.gif

--------------------
FIND ME HERE AT:
Guidorist.com

+Quote Post
mad
Feb 23 2014, 08:03 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Maybe I'm a little late, but welcome Guido biggrin.gif
And that's a killer first lesson! Can't wait to get some easier stuff from you in that style to learn tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Guido Bungenstoc...
Feb 23 2014, 08:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Feb 23 2014, 08:03 PM) *
Maybe I'm a little late, but welcome Guido biggrin.gif
And that's a killer first lesson! Can't wait to get some easier stuff from you in that style to learn tongue.gif

Many THX, Mad! ;-)
I'm glad you enjoy my first one. My future lessons will also have some easier but useful stuff. ;-)

--------------------
FIND ME HERE AT:
Guidorist.com

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 24 2014, 10:44 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Guido Bungenstock @ Feb 23 2014, 03:33 PM) *
Many THX mate!
well, at the end we all have to learn for our whole life! laugh.gif

Precisely! And when sometimes I feel burned out and tired, I remember the fact that people such as Andres Segovia, used to practice 4-5 hrs a day in their mid 70s so, I should not complain about anything laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Guido Bungenstoc...
Feb 24 2014, 11:18 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 24 2014, 10:44 AM) *
Precisely! And when sometimes I feel burned out and tired, I remember the fact that people such as Andres Segovia, used to practice 4-5 hrs a day in their mid 70s so, I should not complain about anything laugh.gif

Exactly! :-D

--------------------
FIND ME HERE AT:
Guidorist.com

+Quote Post
playaxeman
Feb 24 2014, 06:55 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hello Guido,

Welcome to GMC. It is obviously the site with the best instructors; this is great first lesson.. Looking forward to see more lesson from you.

Really like your style and sound.

Like to now how too get that kinda of sound. I use a mm Luke and H&K switchblade 50 tube combo.

Keep up the good work

Bye
Robert

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars
Music Man Luke BFR , Music Man JP LTD 2008, Paul Reed Smith Santana III, Gibson Les Paul, Ovation Adamas, Ovation Ultra

Amps
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 50 combo

Effects
Korg Pandora PX5D, Line 6 Pod XT Live

Recording
Guitar Rig 5, Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000, Magix MusicMaker2008

Visit My Website

+Quote Post
Guido Bungenstoc...
Feb 24 2014, 07:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (playaxeman @ Feb 24 2014, 06:55 PM) *
Hello Guido,

Welcome to GMC. It is obviously the site with the best instructors; this is great first lesson.. Looking forward to see more lesson from you.

Really like your style and sound.

Like to now how too get that kinda of sound. I use a mm Luke and H&K switchblade 50 tube combo.

Keep up the good work

Bye
Robert

Many THX, Robert,

I'm really happy that all of you guys like my first lesson so much! Big Thank you!!!
I'm already got a lot of messages and emails with questions how I'm getting my sound(specially the Lukather type of sound). So I try to answer this. But I tell you the truth there's no big mystery behind it: :-D

First of all, the gear I use is just simple but really versatile for me(It's also in the video description too):

Guitar: Music Man Luke II
Strings: D'Addario EXL 120
Amp: Peavey JSX Top with Marshall 4x12" V30
Effects: T.c. electronic G-Major(just for noise gate and switching the amp) I only use the delay/reverb section when I play live or practice. I always record DRY!!!
Pick: Jim Dunlop Big Stubby 3 mm
Among many other artist like Carl Verheyen, Jennifer Batten etc. I endorse the DEEFLEXX Sound-deflection system. An awesome invention to get a netter sound on stage!)
http://hoovi.at/credits-feedback-2/famous-...-words/?lang=en
I'm playing REALLY LOUD! And my neighbors still love me, haha

Mics: Shure SM57 & Rode NT1000
Audio Interface: Focusrite Saffire PRO 24
Recording SW: Logic 9, several plugins(Delay, Reverb and just a bit compression)

As you see there's really nothing special about my gear. It's all about the fingers( and the feel, the taste and the experience....) I know this is said millions of times but it's still true. I can't help it. laugh.gif
The only advice i can give if you want to emulate a specific playing style is this:
Don't just copy it but try to feel like the player himself you want to sound like. And then later on find your own voice. If this sound a bit like your great heroes: WHY NOT? There's nothing wrong about it!
Lukather sometimes sounds like Jimi Hendrix, Jeff Beck too
Malmsteen sometimes sounds like Ritchie Blackmore too.
Johhny Hiland sometimes sound like Danny Gatton too.
etc. etc.

This post has been edited by Guido Bungenstock: Feb 24 2014, 07:36 PM

--------------------
FIND ME HERE AT:
Guidorist.com

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Feb 24 2014, 10:48 PM
GMC:er
If i could speak German I would say willkommen...but as I cant I used google translate!! laugh.gif Great playing Guido...good sense of humour which is always good too!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:20 AM