Repear/pod Farm
AdamB
Feb 25 2010, 09:28 AM
GMC:er
Hi,

Having trouble getting pod farm to work as a VST in reaper. I got pod farm with my UX2 interface, which works great when pod farm is running in standalone mode. However, when recording, I want to use my UX2 with a mic to record my guitar amp, and then use pod farm as a VST to add after effects like reverb/delay etc.

However, when I add the pod farm VST to the Fx chain for a track, pod farm starts but says 'no valid device detected, pod farms GUI will run but no processing will take place' and the VST will not function. I guess it's not detecting my UX2 for some reason and so disabling pod farm?

Is there something I need to setup in reaper to allow it to see my interface?

I can record signals from the UX2 with reaper, by arming a track and selecting the recording source as Send1/2. But I really wanna be able to get pod farm running for after effects.

Any ideas?

EDIT: It's worth noting I have pod farm v1.3, I used the line6 tool to check for updates and it appears I'm running the latest version of pod farm. I'm on Win7 64bit, but running the 32bit x86 version of Reaper.

-Adam

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by AdamB: Feb 25 2010, 09:30 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 26 2010, 12:52 AM
Instructor
I don't think you can use two sessions of POD Farm simultaneosly, regardless of them being standalone & plugin mode. Why don't you try using only plugin one?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Feb 26 2010, 02:19 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
The VST will install with the software (POD Farm, etc) that came with your UX1, however here is the catch. You need to buy the license key (which the last time I look was $49 US) to be able to use it in Reaper or any other DAW. You can do this with the Line 6 Monkey software that also installed with everything else or call there support line and they will get you setup.

Once you do this then you'll be able to record and mix your guitar like you described in your post. smile.gif

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
AdamB
Feb 26 2010, 08:38 AM
GMC:er
Ah! Got it working. All I had to do was goto the Line6 monkey and click a little button that said 'activate features', clicked that and then it started working. I guess that unlocked the VST capability, as I'm pretty sure it said on the blurb for the UX2 that it included the vst version.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 26 2010, 12:31 PM
Instructor
Yeah the POD Studio versions include VST plugin for free. Glad you got it working smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Mar 8 2010, 05:39 PM
Instructor
this was useful thank you! it clarified some things for myself

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 08:29 AM