2 Pages V  < 1 2  
New Amp?
kjutte
Jul 18 2008, 10:51 PM
GMC:er
Line6 is a good choice. Ain't valve though. A pod will give you lots better sound. You can even output it to stereo.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Danilo Capezzuto
Jul 19 2008, 01:09 AM
Instructor
For your budget check out a Laney! They are great and...loud...so maybe you'll need a thd or a marshall power brake...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 19 2008, 09:40 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (bubbalicious @ Jul 18 2008, 11:49 PM) *
i was thinking maybe a stackamp by line6 i saw on the internet

A stack? You mean 2 cabs with 4x12?

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Fran
Jul 22 2008, 11:46 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
A stack or even a half stack would be too much volume for home practice!

Maybe a 1x12 or 2x12 might be ok as long as its not too many Watts, specially if you decide to get a tube amp.

Blackheart Little Giant (tube 5W 1x12) seems to be the relatively "cheap" tube amp of choice lately, some GMC:ers hace it and love it, maybe give it a try? (I might get one soon, only thing that puts me down is I have only heard them in youtube and internet videos, not in real life, but they do seem to sound really good.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Raw
Jul 24 2008, 02:13 AM
GMC:er
I can really recommend the amp Ive got if your intrested in a tube/valve-amp for home-use. Hughes & Kettner got a amp-combo with 20 watt which looks like this: http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp/2004/...-Tube-20th.html . It got a really good cleansound and a rockish, bluesy crunch. My genre is mostly metal and its not the perfect one for that because of lack of the highend hi-gain but otherwise its a perfectly good amp smile.gif.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 09:37 AM