2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Any Sushi Lovers Around Here?
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 9 2013, 12:36 PM
Instructor
Since there hasn't been any food topic lately smile.gif I decided to start this one biggrin.gif

How many of you guys like Sushi? I also found this very cool device that allows you to make Sushi at home and I am planning to get it for myself biggrin.gif http://thegadgetflow.com/portfolio/sushezi-sushi-made-easy/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 9 2013, 05:08 PM
Instructor
I don't like it and my girlfriend loves it... so everytime that she want it I go for a Wok. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Jan 9 2013, 05:17 PM
Learning Rock Star
I normally don't like fish dishes, but I love sushi. Normally it is in a running sushi place

--------------------

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Jan 9 2013, 05:38 PM
Tone Seeker
Yes I like sushi. I have even worked in restaurant that made sushi.

There was this diploma sushi chef from Japan. He didn't speak any English except few words. We had Finnish/Japanese guy who translated everything.

The restaurant ordered once in a while this huge tuna from Spain and it took 2 people to carry the fish into kitchen tongue.gif
Then the sushi master cut it into pieces with his huge knife. There was a video of it but I can't find it. But his moves were impressive.

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 9 2013, 03:36 PM) *
How many of you guys like Sushi? I also found this very cool device that allows you to make Sushi at home and I am planning to get it for myself biggrin.gif http://thegadgetflow.com/portfolio/sushezi-sushi-made-easy/

You should try to make sushi without any devices. First ones maybe bad but once you get a hold of it...it's quite rewarding smile.gif

And ladies like it wink.gif

This post has been edited by WeePee: Jan 9 2013, 05:39 PM

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Jan 9 2013, 06:05 PM
Learning Rock Star
I love the stuff! Me and my Girlfriend make it pretty often!

Not sure if i need this device anymore cause, Like WEE PEE said, once you've done it a bunch of times it becomes quite easy, and rewarding!
Although it would have been great at the beginning. Saved a lot of frustration and bad words tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Timmy b: Jan 9 2013, 06:06 PM

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jan 9 2013, 06:47 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
I love Sushi and have done it many times myself.

I really don't think you need this device, just the classic sushi making stuff will do the job biggrin.gif

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Jan 9 2013, 06:56 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 9 2013, 04:08 PM) *
I don't like it and my girlfriend loves it... so everytime that she want it I go for a Wok. smile.gif

A walk?

I swollowed a gold fish once in college at a party... does that count?

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Jan 9 2013, 07:40 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Jan 9 2013, 06:56 PM) *

DID YOU LIKE IT? :-D

--------------------

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Jan 9 2013, 07:51 PM
QUOTE (Ulrik @ Jan 9 2013, 06:40 PM) *
DID YOU LIKE IT? :-D

No, not that I remember really...

Shoulda paid more attention... this forum wasn't for me. You're right, he did say "Lovers" of Sushi, that was probably just a tad too raw...

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jan 9 2013, 09:22 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
I've grown to like it more and more. My wife introduced me to it and I was very opposed to trying it. I'm still not big on the raw tuna but I do love the California rolls with the crab and avocado. Love shrimp sushi too. So the rice with shrimp on top with a dash of wasabi and soy sauce is tasty. Now you got me thinking of getting some sushi soon. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Jan 9 2013, 09:26 PM
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Jan 9 2013, 08:22 PM) *
I've grown to like it more and more. My wife introduced me to it and I was very opposed to trying it. I'm still not big on the raw tuna but I do love the California rolls with the crab and avocado. Love shrimp sushi too. So the rice with shrimp on top with a dash of wasabi and soy sauce is tasty. Now you got me thinking of getting some sushi soon. smile.gif

Now that you mention it, the shrimp sushi that I tried was rather tasty... tongue.gif

However I would not recommend the gold fish...

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 9 2013, 10:06 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 9 2013, 04:08 PM) *

Lucky me! I love both biggrin.gif

QUOTE (WeePee @ Jan 9 2013, 04:38 PM) *
Yes I like sushi. I have even worked in restaurant that made sushi.

There was this diploma sushi chef from Japan. He didn't speak any English except few words. We had Finnish/Japanese guy who translated everything.

The restaurant ordered once in a while this huge tuna from Spain and it took 2 people to carry the fish into kitchen tongue.gif
Then the sushi master cut it into pieces with his huge knife. There was a video of it but I can't find it. But his moves were impressive.

You should try to make sushi without any devices. First ones maybe bad but once you get a hold of it...it's quite rewarding smile.gif

And ladies like it wink.gif

Oh man! I'd love to be able to make it but I've never tried smile.gif My Sensei and Sempai both know how to do it so I guess I can learn from them smile.gif

QUOTE (DeGroot @ Jan 9 2013, 08:22 PM) *

Same here DG! Reading all your thoughts made me realize I last had sushi at the September kenjutsu seminar... that was last year laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jan 9 2013, 11:16 PM
Instructor
Raw fish ??! Too extreme for me laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 10 2013, 09:20 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Jan 9 2013, 10:16 PM) *
Raw fish ??! Too extreme for me laugh.gif

Well, I had the same impression at first but after tasting it, it was love all the way smile.gif

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Jan 10 2013, 09:38 AM
Learning Tone Master
Sushi suddenly became very popular here late 1990's/early 2000. I liked it the first time I tried it, but have over-eaten sushi some periods. Recently, I had sushi for lunch, and for the first time in a year or more I really felt how GOOD it was.

If you want to make rolls, I suppose those devices can come in handy. However, nigiri (a blob of rice with a piece of something on it) is easy to make with the right ingredients.

Oh, and sushi isn't necessarily raw fish, although it is a very common ingredient.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 10 2013, 09:46 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (HungryForHeaven @ Jan 10 2013, 08:38 AM) *
Sushi suddenly became very popular here late 1990's/early 2000. I liked it the first time I tried it, but have over-eaten sushi some periods. Recently, I had sushi for lunch, and for the first time in a year or more I really felt how GOOD it was.

If you want to make rolls, I suppose those devices can come in handy. However, nigiri (a blob of rice with a piece of something on it) is easy to make with the right ingredients.

Oh, and sushi isn't necessarily raw fish, although it is a very common ingredient.

I know nigiri as well and if I am not mistaken, you can make it with your hands just like you would make a round hamburger biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Jan 10 2013, 09:48 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 10 2013, 09:46 AM) *
I know nigiri as well and if I am not mistaken, you can make it with your hands just like you would make a round hamburger biggrin.gif

Exactly! How difficult can that be? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 10 2013, 03:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (HungryForHeaven @ Jan 10 2013, 08:48 AM) *
Exactly! How difficult can that be? smile.gif

Actually, I haven't got any clue to it smile.gif I never tried to prepare sushi ..yet! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Jan 10 2013, 04:04 PM
QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Jan 9 2013, 06:56 PM) *
A walk?

U had to eat poor fish , just because she didn't want to fulfill your wish when she saw you> laugh.gif

apropo topic , i've never ate sushi. I wanted to buy it in a restaurant for my birthday, but they closed it, just 2 months after opening sad.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 11 2013, 09:53 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Jan 10 2013, 03:04 PM) *
U had to eat poor fish , just because she didn't want to fulfill your wish when she saw you> laugh.gif

apropo topic , i've never ate sushi. I wanted to buy it in a restaurant for my birthday, but they closed it, just 2 months after opening sad.gif

Aren't there any Sushi restaurants or delivery services in your area Slav?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:02 PM