3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Les Paul Shredders!
SeeJay
May 3 2014, 09:51 PM
GMC:er
In the world of Jacksons and Music Mans, who was still rocking the Les Pauls in the 80s?

Neal Schon!!!

I mean. . . . it's got a floyd rose which . . . . I'm always on the fence about in les pauls (just look funny), But Neal Rules!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by SeeJay: May 3 2014, 09:55 PM

--------------------
Rock and Roll Lover. Vintage Ampeg collector. Soon to be new father.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Spock
May 3 2014, 09:58 PM
I do want one of these - and I'll be DONE!!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
klasaine
May 3 2014, 10:03 PM
Al DiMeola!
Full shred starts at about 1:35

And this ...

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 4 2014, 09:19 AM
Instructor
Two of my favorite Les Paul Shredders:

+Quote Post
Marius Pop
May 4 2014, 03:36 PM
Instructor
biggrin.gif
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcoweoZ6jpM

This post has been edited by Marius Pop: May 4 2014, 03:37 PM

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
May 4 2014, 03:46 PM
Instructor
Gary Moore! If You ever seen his full performance instead of just knowing a few of his most known hits then You will surely add him to the list smile.gif

+Quote Post
Marius Pop
May 4 2014, 04:07 PM
Instructor
I almost forgot: Slash! smile.gif

+Quote Post
AK Rich
May 4 2014, 06:45 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
A mini Les Paul! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 4 2014, 07:59 PM
And of course JOHN SYKES of WHITESNAKE smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 4 2014, 08:31 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (AK Rich @ May 4 2014, 05:45 PM) *
A mini Les Paul! biggrin.gif

You have to be kidding me, AK laugh.gif What in blazes is that guitar? Is it a mini Les Paul or...? smile.gif

+Quote Post
AK Rich
May 4 2014, 09:30 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Yeah Cos man! Les Paul Mini! Check it out! smile.gif

[attachment=36996:ClickHandler.ashx.jpeg]

More at this site.

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/custom-sho...ul-guitars.html

+Quote Post
SeeJay
May 4 2014, 11:02 PM
DOUG ALDRICH!!!! YES!!!

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 4 2014, 08:19 AM) *
Two of my favorite Les Paul Shredders:

How could we forget about randy!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 5 2014, 04:40 PM
Instructor
In my opinion, Doug is the more refined version of Zakk Wylde smile.gif The same aggressive touch with more brains in the music tongue.gif

And that Les Paul mini looks like the weapon of choice for a very angry toddler biggrin.gif I am a bit at rest now that I know I can have a guitar that can fit a kid biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: May 5 2014, 04:41 PM

+Quote Post
SeeJay
May 5 2014, 06:24 PM
A lot of people love Zakk (I mean, I love him too!) but his tone can fatigue my ears. No Rest for the Wicked can really give me an ear ache after rocking it hard.

I think that's why I like Les Paul Shredders like Doug. A lot of dudes rely on 'tricks' and that's fun, but at some point you just need to play the guitar. Crazy whammy dive bombs can only take you so far.

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 5 2014, 03:40 PM) *
In my opinion, Doug is the more refined version of Zakk Wylde smile.gif The same aggressive touch with more brains in the music tongue.gif

And that Les Paul mini looks like the weapon of choice for a very angry toddler biggrin.gif I am a bit at rest now that I know I can have a guitar that can fit a kid biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
SeeJay
May 5 2014, 06:57 PM
Steve Clark? Maybe not the Shreddiest of Shredders, but he slung that Les Paul LOW and looked cool doing it.

Def Leppard fans?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guido Bungenstoc...
May 5 2014, 07:34 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (SeeJay @ May 3 2014, 08:51 PM) *
In the world of Jacksons and Music Mans, who was still rocking the Les Pauls in the 80s?

Neal Schon!!!

I mean. . . . it's got a floyd rose which . . . . I'm always on the fence about in les pauls (just look funny), But Neal Rules!

It'S funny, when I first saw the title i immediately thought about Neal Schon. But besides "shredding" he's a master of great and pure emotional melodies!!!

QUOTE (klasaine @ May 3 2014, 09:03 PM) *
Al DiMeola!
Full shred starts at about 1:35

And this ...

Now everybody see who was Paul Gilbert's shredding inspiration. :-D

Al Di Meola is still one of the greatest Players on earth!!! Keep in mind here that's almost 40(!!!) years ago! Just unbelievable!!!

--------------------
FIND ME HERE AT:
Guidorist.com

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 5 2014, 08:35 PM
Instructor
Guido! I love Neil Schon's re-orchestrations of famous songs, such as this one:

+Quote Post
Guido Bungenstoc...
May 5 2014, 08:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 5 2014, 07:35 PM) *
Guido! I love Neil Schon's re-orchestrations of famous songs, such as this one:

Oh yes, me too!!! One of my favorite guitar instrumental albums!

--------------------
FIND ME HERE AT:
Guidorist.com

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 6 2014, 02:04 AM
Instructor
I love this thread!!! My favorites are already posted here. Keep the videos coming. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 6 2014, 10:35 AM
Instructor
Al Di Meola is one of my favorite players as well! In fact, I have recently read a very interesting article featuring an interview with the man himself - a little thread I have started here: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=51990

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:57 AM