Creating Melodies For A Song
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 13 2012, 04:31 PM
Instructor
Hey guys! Today I will be working on new songs for the 3rd album of my band Cirse. I already have aroung 10 songs with the music ready and some melodies sang by me... today Luciana (the singer) will be replacing my melodies with his voice and we will always improve or create new melodies where is necessary. When we work on melodies we don't write lyrics, we just use english words that don't make sense.

I don't think in scales or any theory when I'm creating melodies, I just improvise singing over the songs until I find a melody or phrase that is amazing. Most of the times I create music and melody at the same time.

Here you can check a sample with my voice. You will note that the melodies aren't comfortable for my voice but I try to use notes that sound good with Luciana's voice one octave higher or more...

Attached File  Sample.mp3 ( 1.03MB ) Number of downloads: 112

So this is my approach to create melodies for a songs.... how is yours??

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Feb 13 2012, 05:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 13 2012, 03:31 PM) *
Hey guys! Today I will be working on new songs for the 3rd album of my band Cirse. I already have aroung 10 songs with the music ready and some melodies sang by me... today Luciana (the singer) will be replacing my melodies with his voice and we will always improve or create new melodies where is necessary. When we work on melodies we don't write lyrics, we just use english words that don't make sense.

I don't think in scales or any theory when I'm creating melodies, I just improvise singing over the songs until I find a melody or phrase that is amazing. Most of the times I create music and melody at the same time.

Here you can check a sample with my voice. You will note that the melodies aren't comfortable for my voice but I try to use notes that sound good with Luciana's voice one octave higher or more...

Attached File  Sample.mp3 ( 1.03MB ) Number of downloads: 112

So this is my approach to create melodies for a songs.... how is yours??

Cool man! It's always fun to record new material especially when it is yours! Really happy for you!
Can't wait to hear a new record! How many you guys got so far?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 13 2012, 05:23 PM
Instructor
This is so like what we're doing over at ARIA laugh.gif using nonsense english words laugh.gif and humming till we get it right. Most definitely, this is my approach as well tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 13 2012, 05:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Feb 13 2012, 01:02 PM) *
Cool man! It's always fun to record new material especially when it is yours! Really happy for you!
Can't wait to hear a new record! How many you guys got so far?

Thanks mate! We have 2 albums... "Bi-polar (2007)" and "Imaginario" (2010).

These are some videoclips.

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 13 2012, 01:23 PM) *
This is so like what we're doing over at ARIA laugh.gif using nonsense english words laugh.gif and humming till we get it right. Most definitely, this is my approach as well tongue.gif

hahaha yeah! that's the way! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Feb 16 2012, 11:22 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 13 2012, 04:29 PM) *
Thanks mate! We have 2 albums... "Bi-polar (2007)" and "Imaginario" (2010).

These are some videoclips.

hahaha yeah! that's the way! smile.gif

Very nice band man! I am glad you guys are doing great! Your guitar sounds great and the whole vibe is pretty awesome!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 17 2012, 12:12 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Feb 16 2012, 07:22 PM) *
Very nice band man! I am glad you guys are doing great! Your guitar sounds great and the whole vibe is pretty awesome!

Thanks Alex! I really appreciate your comment! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:23 PM