> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Charles Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 17 2015, 05:23 PM
Instructor
Hi Charles! Welcome to your thread for Gab's Army!

Here I'll share some info about you:

"I started playing guitar when I was about 12 and am now 19. I'm self taught and only at about intermediate level. I know I have a few bad habits with my playing. I would like to become an advanced guitar player so I can join another band and play shows. Also, I love to write music so if I had more skill in playing it would make songwriting and recording a little easier. I am mainly interested in playing metal and rock, but any lesson that involves improving my skills overall as a musician is great."

Could you please share some audio / video of you playing?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Charles
Nov 17 2015, 10:19 PM
GMC:er
Here is the two videos ive done so far.

https://youtu.be/Z_DWOXKql-0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3ruOsyHoB4

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 18 2015, 01:48 PM
Instructor
Great! I've commented both videos and I can say that your second Megadeth video has showed important improvements!

How many time per day can you practice? Do you have any question related to my feedback for your last Pentatonic Solo take at REC?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Charles
Nov 18 2015, 10:28 PM
On 3 or 4 of the weekdays I can only practice for about an hour, then on the other days I can practice however long and how ever many times i want. No I didn't really have any questions. I realized that i've been holding the pick wrong, and changed to the right way, but that will take some getting used to.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 19 2015, 01:42 PM
Instructor
Ok! I've marked 3 techniques that you have to work at the REC take. Alternate Picking, bending and vibrato.

Here are some suggestions to work:

Bending:

Alternate Picking: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Hand-Basics/

Vibrato: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Vibrato-Odyssey-5/

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Nov 19 2015, 01:42 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Charles
Nov 21 2015, 12:56 AM
I was only able to practice this for about 15min. since im learning other lessons to but here is the alternate picking one. Please let me know if it looks like im holding the pick right. Thank you!

Picking hand basics

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 21 2015, 06:11 PM
Instructor
Hi Charles, your right hand looks good and the lesson is on the right track. You have to continue practicing to feel more comfortable with the faster rhythms, to make them sound smoother.

Keep on the hard work!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Charles
Nov 25 2015, 12:01 AM
Is this one better than the last?

Pentatonic Take 2

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 25 2015, 02:11 PM
Instructor
Hi Charles,

yes, this new take shows improvements on some of the elements we've been talking about. However, you still need to adjust some details:

- Vibrato: Your vibrato sounds a bit nervous and the main reason is that you do it too early. You should let the note sound and then start it more naturally. Also, use the other fingers of your left hand to help the one that is pressing the fret.

- Timing: I notice timing issues when drum groove starts around 00:32.

- Bending: That bend at 00:44 is not precise.

- Tuning: Your guitar shows some pitch issues, mostly on the higher frets. Maybe old strings?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Charles
Nov 25 2015, 04:53 PM
Thank you for the feedback I will work more on the vibrato, and yes they are older strings because changing the strings on the floyd rose can be a pain. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 27 2015, 05:30 PM
Instructor
haha ok, but it's very important to practice with a guitar that can be tuned well, it's fundamental for your ear training.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Charles
Nov 28 2015, 06:16 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 27 2015, 04:30 PM) *
haha ok, but it's very important to practice with a guitar that can be tuned well, it's fundamental for your ear training.

Thank you, all others are always tuned well. That one is my only problem child.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 28 2015, 04:18 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Charles @ Nov 28 2015, 02:16 AM) *
Thank you, all others are always tuned well. That one is my only problem child.

Ok! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Charles
Nov 30 2015, 11:48 AM
Hopefully this is better

Attached File(s)
Attached File  pentatonic_4.wmv ( 17.58MB ) Number of downloads: 99

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 1 2015, 03:29 PM
Instructor
Hi Charles, yes it's better, tuning sounds good now, but it still needs work to polish the details that I've marked previously and also some extra attention to this parts:

- 00:41: This lick is not sounding clean. There are notes that aren't sounding and your hands are not in sync.

- Your bends at 00:46 are not consistent.

- 00:49 & 1:00: These licks needs more practice to sound clean and clear.

The overall sounds good but I feel that even the slower phrases could sound smoother so keep on practicing to get more familiar with this stuff and compare your vibrato, slides and dynamics with the original take from time to time.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Charles
Dec 1 2015, 10:55 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 1 2015, 02:29 PM) *
Hi Charles, yes it's better, tuning sounds good now, but it still needs work to polish the details that I've marked previously and also some extra attention to this parts:

- 00:41: This lick is not sounding clean. There are notes that aren't sounding and your hands are not in sync.

- Your bends at 00:46 are not consistent.

- 00:49 & 1:00: These licks needs more practice to sound clean and clear.

The overall sounds good but I feel that even the slower phrases could sound smoother so keep on practicing to get more familiar with this stuff and compare your vibrato, slides and dynamics with the original take from time to time.

Ok I will definitely keep reviewing that one and keep it in my regimen, i'm going to be working quite a bit more on the Winter Tune lesson because I feel that that will help with learning my bends and vibrato.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 2 2015, 01:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Charles @ Dec 1 2015, 06:55 PM) *
Ok I will definitely keep reviewing that one and keep it in my regimen, i'm going to be working quite a bit more on the Winter Tune lesson because I feel that that will help with learning my bends and vibrato.

Good plan, please keep me updated.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Charles
Dec 7 2015, 11:09 AM
I think it sounds a lot better now. Let me know what you think.
https://youtu.be/kbPoHmTUMp8

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 7 2015, 03:18 PM
Instructor
Hi Charles! Good job with this one! I think that it's getting really close, just some comments:

- Your vibrato makes your phrasing sound a bit nervous. The reason is that you make it start always very soon. Try letting the note sound more time and then add vibrato gradually. Listen to how the instructor makes it sound more natural.

- Your bending is not bad but there are some moments in which they are not totally consistent, mostly in the last phrases. Dedicate more time to improve this technique.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Charles
Dec 7 2015, 09:16 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 7 2015, 02:18 PM) *
Hi Charles! Good job with this one! I think that it's getting really close, just some comments:

- Your vibrato makes your phrasing sound a bit nervous. The reason is that you make it start always very soon. Try letting the note sound more time and then add vibrato gradually. Listen to how the instructor makes it sound more natural.

- Your bending is not bad but there are some moments in which they are not totally consistent, mostly in the last phrases. Dedicate more time to improve this technique.

Ok will do thank you.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:36 PM