Anyone Tried Those Replica Guitars From China?
stratman79
Mar 19 2011, 10:49 PM
Learning Rock Star
When looking round a few wholesale sites I came across some replica guitars made in China...

Choose your axe... a PRS Custom 24, a Custom Les Paul, a Rickenbacker 330, a US Strat etc etc all for about £250 SHIPPED!!

Some look amazing!! Obviously fake...

Has anyone tried one? If so what where they like?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Fran
Mar 20 2011, 02:33 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
I've never tried or even seen them, but I'd stay away from them. I'd rather get an epiphone when on budget than one of those fishy copies. I'd be surprised if they are any good.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Mar 20 2011, 03:36 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I've seen those guitars, and they do look really nice, but I highly doubt what you see is what you get. Also consider this, they don't have any reputation to maintain and probably don't have any customer service. Unless you see an actual physical copy and play it, I'd stay away from it.

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
twist
Mar 24 2011, 05:32 PM
GMC:er
Hi there!

Luckily i have a friend that is a luthier and i sometimes visit him in his repair shop and see what he is working on. Just a few days ago he had one of those far east cheap replicas on his table and i can only advise everyone to stay away from them. The overall finish on the outside might look decent but on the inside it is totaly crap. This particular guitar had misplaced bolts for the trem, it was realy bad carved and it has no-brand hardware in it. The trem itself was totaly unuseable too. And my friend said theres a good chance for this instrument to just break or fall apart.

I would recommend to be patient for a while and look on ebay for some used guitar, sometimes you can get good stuff at a good price.

--------------------
rivers just happen

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 29 2011, 10:34 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I don't have first hand experience and I would advise to get these only if you can locally try them out. There are lots of copies around and some may event sound well for the price but its a gamble. I would Fran suggested look for an epiphone or some other instrument (possibly used on the craiglist) that is definitely better instrument.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 30 2011, 04:13 PM
Instructor
I wouldn't every consider buying one of those guitars, they are very low quality. In those situations, it's best to stick to low budget branded guitars.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:04 AM