Learn The Major Scale.
USAMAN
Feb 17 2008, 10:47 PM
GMC:er
This is the way my teacher introduced me to the Major scale. To me it seems a great way to wrap your head around the Major scale.
Notice that the first three boxes root on the 6th string.
we will refer to them as 1-6, 2-6, 4-6.
1 for first finger (which finger you start with) 6 for string. 2 for second finger (finger you start with)- 6 for string. 4 for fourth finger (finger you start with)- 6 for string.
Its the same for for the next three except they all root on the fifth string (and I changed from the key of a to the key of d). 1-5, 2-5,4-5.
Change the note you place the given finger on=change the key of the major scale you are playing in.
This is a great way to get a basic feel for the major scale. Learn to link these patterns together. Try to play the 1-6 and 1-5 legato style. Have fun.

p.s. you will need powertab editor to view/play this file.
If you have questions feel free to pm me.

Peace

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by USAMAN: May 28 2008, 03:46 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  major_scale_by_me.ptb ( 2.17K ) Number of downloads: 237

--------------------
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat ?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- USAMAN   Learn The Major Scale.   Feb 17 2008, 10:47 PM
- - DeepRoots   interesting i might learn this- i already know all...   Feb 17 2008, 11:03 PM
- - Milenkovic Ivan   Sounds interesting, thanks for sharing!   Feb 18 2008, 12:22 AM
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:38 PM