Triplets In Alternate Picking Video
slash48
Jan 3 2009, 07:29 PM
GMC:er
In the alternate picking video the third lick had a place where you had to go from 16th notes to 16th triplets. Are 16th triplets just regular 16th notes times 3 in speed? Sorry for the beginner question, I'm kind of new to the whole theory thing. Any help would be really appreciated. Fantastic lesson by the way. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
rockztar
Jan 3 2009, 07:39 PM
QUOTE (slash48 @ Jan 3 2009, 07:29 PM) *
In the alternate picking video the third lick had a place where you had to go from 16th notes to 16th triplets. Are 16th triplets just regular 16th notes times 3 in speed? Sorry for the beginner question, I'm kind of new to the whole theory thing. Any help would be really appreciated. Fantastic lesson by the way. smile.gif

16th triplets is 6 note per beat

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
PRS CE24 Amber
Yamaha C40

Amp:
Marshall dsl 401

Effect:
dd-6, cs-3, Emma ReezaFRATzitz - morley wah- rc-2

Guthrie Govan, Thomas blug, alex hutchings and many others

+Quote Post
superize
Jan 3 2009, 07:44 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Insteed of 4 notes per beat in 16 th notes

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
slash48
Jan 3 2009, 08:40 PM
Ok , thanks for the help guys!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 4 2009, 01:49 AM
Instructor
There you go. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
JamesT
Jan 27 2009, 03:39 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
Counting triplets is tricky in the beginning, but once you figure it out, it has a very nice feel to it.

Triplets are basically "three in the space of two". So when you're looking at 16ths versus 16th triplets, three triplets occur in the same time as two regular 16ths. This is consistent with what the others have said, but also applies to any type of triplet. Eighth note triplets are three notes in the same amount of time that two regular eighth notes would be played.

The name "triplet" eluded me too in the beginning since I also thought it just "had to" mean three in the space of one. Try tapping your knee while sitting down. With left hand, tap/count 1,2,3,4 very slowly, with the right count 1,2,3, 2,2,3 3,2,3, 4,2,3 in the same timeframe. If the left is counting quarter notes, the right is counting 8th triplets. Here you can see that with the left hand, four notes are played in a "bar" and with the right 12 notes are played in that same bar. If you can do this with your hands, you can play the drums too (just kidding) biggrin.gif but you might hear the triplets on the ride cymbal sometimes while the kick and snare are falling on one and three recspectively. smile.gif

This post has been edited by JamesT: Jan 27 2009, 05:26 AM

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 02:00 PM