Ibanez Edge Zero, Anybody have one?
lcsdds
Dec 17 2008, 04:07 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
So I am putting together a frankenstein Ibanez and am trying to decide which trem to put in it. Anybody here have an Edge Zero equipped RG? How do you like it?

Monte

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Dec 17 2008, 05:01 AM
GMC:er
amazing....best trem on the market

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Dec 17 2008, 05:04 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Marc_Maiden @ Dec 17 2008, 05:01 AM) *
amazing....best trem on the market

Have you played the ZR? That is what I have now. Thanks.

+Quote Post
SensE
Dec 17 2008, 05:13 AM
Im not really sure what's the difference. But the Zero Resistance and Edge Zero are the current best tremolo made by Ibanez at this moment. As I know, the Edge Zero is currently used on Herman Li signature model, The EGEN.
From what I've heard, the difference between these two are just the bearing's type. Hope it helps.

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Dec 17 2008, 05:16 AM
edge pro is made with better materials and better quality than original floyd roses..

the zr is a great trem not the best, but it stays in tune, and it is easy to set up...

the bearing system = easy set ups, and to wearing down of the trem so it will last for a long time, longer than any floyd rose out there

the ZR trem itself is good, it does stay in tune, but i dont think it is as smooth as the edge

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Dec 17 2008, 05:19 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Thanks for the info guys. I am gonna give the Edge Zero a shot. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Monte

+Quote Post
Sircraigery
Dec 17 2008, 07:21 AM
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Dec 17 2008, 05:19 AM) *
Thanks for the info guys. I am gonna give the Edge Zero a shot. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Monte

I give a +1 for the edge pro. It wastes anything else I've had.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez Prestige RG2610E [BKP Cold Sweat]
Ibanez Prestige RG2550E [Carbon Fiber Plastics]
Ibanez Roadstar II RS-135 [Stock]
Quest Acoustic [Stock]

Effects:
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Boss DR-3 Dr. Rhythym

Amp:
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401

'Only the dead have seen the end of the war.' - Plato

+Quote Post
kjutte
Dec 17 2008, 05:09 PM
QUOTE (Marc_Maiden @ Dec 17 2008, 05:16 AM) *
edge pro is made with better materials and better quality than original floyd roses..

the zr is a great trem not the best, but it stays in tune, and it is easy to set up...

the bearing system = easy set ups, and to wearing down of the trem so it will last for a long time, longer than any floyd rose out there

the ZR trem itself is good, it does stay in tune, but i dont think it is as smooth as the edge

I have the edge zero, but I took the ZPS system out to get the smoothness back.
Still stays in PERFECT tune. smile.gif

ZR is a good tremolo with low maintenance and low wearout.
Edge trems are almost as good as Schaller trems. Schaller make some of floyds. Licenced floyd made my schaller, and the actual schaller tremolo are the best on the market.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 07:10 PM