2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Yeah! Let's Rock!, Finally - I own a guitar!
Henrik Skotth
Oct 12 2007, 05:26 PM
GMC Tech & Community Manager
Well, as most of you know, while I am in charge of the technical and community aspects here at GMC, I have not actually played or owned a guitar myself... untill now! biggrin.gif

Kristofer helped me out (I know NOTHING, I couldn't choose a decent guitar if my life depended on it!), and now I'm a proud owner of a SQUIER Affinity Strat HSS (I think!) with cool features like:

* A Fender Vintage-Style 6-Screw Tremolo Bridge (there are 6 screws on it, I get that part - I'm lost to what it actually means though!)
* High Quality Die Cast Tuners (sorry, I don't speak that language)
* Solid Tonewood Body (this I understand! I think...)
* 21 Fret Neck (21! I didn't realise guitars had something to do with Black Jack?)

So... now I'm going to start tormenting the neighbours (luckily I live on the countryside with hardly anyone living close by), not to mention my fiancee, with my practising! And I hereby declare ALL of you my personal teachers!

So... where to start???

And oh, check out my new avatar!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Tech manager @ GMC
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 12 2007, 05:34 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Henrik Skotth @ Oct 12 2007, 06:26 PM) *
So... where to start???

I say like Robin, start with Kris's 101 lessons biggrin.gif
Contrats on the new guitar, all you need now is a 1500 Euro killer tube amp laugh.gif

EDIT: Oh no, you never played before so, right? So first start with the beginnerlessons, then 101.
Or you could start monkying around, filming yourself for Kris' promotion video laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MickeM: Oct 12 2007, 05:45 PM

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Oct 12 2007, 05:35 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Henrik Skotth @ Oct 12 2007, 06:26 PM) *
Well, as most of you know, while I am in charge of the technical and community aspects here at GMC, I have not actually played or owned a guitar myself... untill now! biggrin.gif

Kristofer helped me out (I know NOTHING, I couldn't choose a decent guitar if my life depended on it!), and now I'm a proud owner of a SQUIER Affinity Strat HSS (I think!) with cool features like:

* A Fender Vintage-Style 6-Screw Tremolo Bridge (there are 6 screws on it, I get that part - I'm lost to what it actually means though!)
* High Quality Die Cast Tuners (sorry, I don't speak that language)
* Solid Tonewood Body (this I understand! I think...)
* 21 Fret Neck (21! I didn't realise guitars had something to do with Black Jack?)
So... now I'm going to start tormenting the neighbours (luckily I live on the countryside with hardly anyone living close by), not to mention my fiancee, with my practising! And I hereby declare ALL of you my personal teachers!

So... where to start???

Hahaha!
Great!
You see? This is what hanging on internet can do to you.
Welcome, hope you get stuck for life. Guitar is so fun, and we will be seing you around here.

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Oct 12 2007, 07:59 PM
Instructor
Hey Henrik!
Good luck with your guitar!
I'm daefineteli sure that you will improve quickly.

smile.gif

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Oct 12 2007, 08:20 PM
Yeah, good luck with the axe wielding!

QUOTE (Jerry Arcidiacono @ Oct 12 2007, 12:59 PM) *
daefineteli

(...)

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Oct 12 2007, 08:27 PM
Lets go fishing!
I love the enthusiasm Henrik - Good Luck!!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Oct 12 2007, 08:27 PM
That's defnatly great news Henrik! Good luck with the musical journey.

QUOTE (botoxfox @ Oct 13 2007, 03:20 AM) *
(...)

tongue.gif Easy botox... don't burst a blood vessel. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 12 2007, 08:40 PM
GMC Founder
biggrin.gif Your new avatar is fantastic!! biggrin.gif

I think you already got some good advice on where to start.

By the way - can anybody point Henrik towards forum posts explaing basics of the guitar anatomy (if we have any such...)?

I am assuming he would want to know a little about tuning the guitar, the name of the strings, the name of the different parts of the guitar etc. (the last one could be of interest to me as well - I can never remember the correct words in English!)

Also - while takling your first lesson, this great tutorial on reading tabs by Andrew could come in handy...!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Oct 12 2007, 08:43 PM
Myself and Robin are working on an Aspiring Instructor lesson together, to give beginners and those who don't know, a few tips and tricks. ie Tuning, changing strings etc. So once we got it done i will post a link in here for ya Henrik

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 12 2007, 08:45 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Hemlok @ Oct 12 2007, 09:43 PM) *
Myself and Robin are working on an Aspiring Instructor lesson together, to give beginners and those who don't know, a few tips and tricks. ie Tuning, changing strings etc. So once we got it done i will post a link in here for ya Henrik

That's awesome! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Robin
Oct 12 2007, 09:26 PM
QUOTE (botoxfox @ Oct 12 2007, 07:20 PM) *
Yeah, good luck with the axe wielding!
(...)

Botox is diffineetli going nuts right now.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 12 2007, 09:33 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Robin @ Oct 12 2007, 10:26 PM) *
Botox is diffineetli going nuts right now.

lol Yeah, deffinitlie!

EDIT: corrected my spelling of defienitly

This post has been edited by MickeM: Oct 12 2007, 09:34 PM

+Quote Post
Robin
Oct 12 2007, 09:35 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Oct 12 2007, 08:33 PM) *
lol Yeah, deffinitlie!

EDIT: corrected my spelling of defienitly

Are you sure? Gen told me it was DEFINEAAIEAIEIAITLIIIIIIIII.

Edit: I got a bit carried away about this whole spelling "dejfinithly" correct thing that I forgot to say: Its great that you have bought a guitar!! This is a perfect place to start biggrin.gif Good luck and have fun with your playing!

This post has been edited by Robin: Oct 12 2007, 09:39 PM

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Oct 12 2007, 09:54 PM
Sorry guys, can't help it...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Robin
Oct 12 2007, 09:57 PM
QUOTE (botoxfox @ Oct 12 2007, 08:54 PM) *
Sorry guys, can't help it...

I know what you mean, after you tought me how to spell it correctly I've also been starting to notice this! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Oct 12 2007, 10:01 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Awesome Henrik! Ignore my post elsewhere where I said we wouldn't take you seriously until you started learning smile.gif

I have been planning a lesson about guitar basics and parts for a while now - I'll bump it to the front of the queue and try and get it done this weekend smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
kahall
Oct 13 2007, 09:50 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Henrik Skotth @ Oct 12 2007, 11:26 AM) *

So... where to start???

Very Cool!

Get some headphones, if you are worried about the neighbors and your finacee while your practicing it will not ever sound right. I found myself being timid/worried since I knew I sounded very bad at first...still do as a matter of fact, but sometimes I unplug the phones anyway. ;-)

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Oct 13 2007, 10:10 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
This is awesome man!

Welcome to the wonderful world of guitar!

+Quote Post
Wyvernx
Oct 13 2007, 11:51 AM
Lol! I like your avatar! You might want to take off the little blue sticker though. I remember my Squire Strat when I first got it, and I plan to upgrade soon, good luck on your journey!

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Oct 14 2007, 10:58 PM
QUOTE (Robin @ Oct 12 2007, 12:35 PM) *
Are you sure? Gen told me it was DEFINEAAIEAIEIAITLIIIIIIIII.
Edit: I got a bit carried away about this whole spelling "dejfinithly" correct thing that I forgot to say: Its great that you have bought a guitar!! This is a perfect place to start biggrin.gif Good luck and have fun with your playing!

I never doubt for a minute that Gens wrong, hes my hero ! blink.gif smile.gif

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:19 AM