Recording Female Voices
Gus
Nov 3 2008, 07:04 PM
GMC:er
Hi, Luciana.

I am now on a band that has a front girl. Her voice is really good, but every time we record something the recording is simply not up to what we hear on the recording room.
Do you have any tips to record female voice? (maybe also some general tips about recording voice). Well, you definitely has experience with that tongue.gif

Just in case, did you ever recorded voice over Gabriel's POD X3? Cause that's what we are using to record our demos. If so, what were the settings?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gus: Nov 3 2008, 07:04 PM

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Luciana Segovia
Feb 3 2009, 09:26 PM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (Gus @ Nov 3 2008, 07:04 PM) *
Hi, Luciana.

I am now on a band that has a front girl. Her voice is really good, but every time we record something the recording is simply not up to what we hear on the recording room.
Do you have any tips to record female voice? (maybe also some general tips about recording voice). Well, you definitely has experience with that tongue.gif

Just in case, did you ever recorded voice over Gabriel's POD X3? Cause that's what we are using to record our demos. If so, what were the settings?

Hi Gus! It's great to hear that you have a female singer in your band! smile.gif
I just tried the pod x3 once and we didn't like the results... We use a tube pre mic (behringer ultragain) and a condenser mic for recording demos and the lessons. You should try any condenser mic like Rode Nt 2 A or any Akg with a good pre amp exclusive for voices to get a professional voice recorded.

BTW we didn't experiment too much with the pod X3 so I can't assure you that it's not good for recording vocals.

Luciana.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 03:14 PM