Exclusive Carcass Track
Todd Simpson
Oct 2 2013, 06:38 AM
GMC:er
The spiff folks @ DECIBEL magazine (my fav print rag actually) have a Flexi Disc series, (yup they actually release physical copies of songs on a big hunk of plastic in each magazine that you need an ancient device called a "RECORD PLAYER" to hear. But they put these on Soundcloud thank goodness smile.gif

https://soundcloud.com/decibelmagazine/carcass-zochrot-db034

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bleez
Oct 2 2013, 08:27 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 2 2013, 06:38 AM) *
The spiff folks @ DECIBEL magazine (my fav print rag actually) have a Flexi Disc series, (yup they actually release physical copies of songs on a big hunk of plastic in each magazine that you need an ancient device called a "RECORD PLAYER" to hear. But they put these on Soundcloud thank goodness smile.gif

LOL! Ive not seen a flexi disc for years biggrin.gif
That track sounds brilliant, really cool.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Oct 3 2013, 08:53 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 2 2013, 07:38 AM) *
The spiff folks @ DECIBEL magazine (my fav print rag actually) have a Flexi Disc series, (yup they actually release physical copies of songs on a big hunk of plastic in each magazine that you need an ancient device called a "RECORD PLAYER" to hear.
https://soundcloud.com/decibelmagazine/carcass-zochrot-db034

Attached Image

Ancient device, come on Todd, many people still use record player, since it's best suitable for listening to metal music... wink.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 5 2013, 05:01 AM
Perhaps it's different by country but most folks here don't have "physical media" playback devices anymore. It's more about an ipod/ipad or android device, streaming music on a laptop etc.

There is a small clutch of folks who still use record players here but it's mostly disco and indie bands. Not Metal Heads. smile.gif But personally, I almost bought a record player just to play all the cool flexi discs from DECIBEL magazine smile.gif That was until I found they post most of them on soundcloud!! And the ones they don't post, somebody else usually rips and posts for them smile.gif

But I may get one just to have around. Playing cool flexi discs and starting a collection has a fun retro vibe to it!

Todd

QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Oct 3 2013, 03:53 AM) *
Ancient device, come on Todd, many people still use record player, since it's best suitable for listening to metal music... wink.gif

Great track eh? The new CARCASS is has really impressed me. I was really let down by the new Black Sabbath, but the CARCASS is a return to form. I really want one of those limited edition Surgical Steel versions that was only released in Europe. I'm a sucker for that kind of stuff smile.gif

Attached Image

name='bleez' date='Oct 2 2013, 03:27 AM' post='660609']
LOL! Ive not seen a flexi disc for years biggrin.gif
That track sounds brilliant, really cool.

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Oct 5 2013, 08:18 AM
Tone Seeker
Not a huge fan of Carcass but that song is a killer and groovy.

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Oct 5 2013, 09:46 AM
[quote name='Todd Simpson' post='660876' date='Oct 5 2013, 06:01 AM']Perhaps it's different by country but most folks here don't have "physical media" playback devices anymore. It's more about an ipod/ipad or android device, streaming music on a laptop etc.

Great track eh? The new CARCASS is has really impressed me. I was really let down by the new Black Sabbath, but the CARCASS is a return to form. I really want one of those limited edition Surgical Steel versions that was only released in Europe. I'm a sucker for that kind of stuff smile.gif

The new Carcass track is good, aggresive and melodic, like it came out from Heartwork lp 20 years earlier! Crazy, here in Serbia and big part of Europe mostly old metalheads Buy records and stuff. In USA you can get metal records very cheap ,around 1$ per records.

This post has been edited by Slavenko Erazer: Oct 5 2013, 09:46 AM

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Oct 5 2013, 11:08 AM
Instructor
Nice kick in the arse song. I'm a bit out of this kind of playing but still...able to appreciate some good job in this genre smile.gif

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Oct 5 2013, 10:51 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Awesome track! I love the new Carcass album as well.

Saw them live couple weeks ago and they put on an amazing show!!

This post has been edited by DeGroot: Oct 5 2013, 10:51 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:48 PM