> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Kimiko's Blues'n'bends
Kimiko
May 18 2013, 12:00 PM
GMC:er
With a bit of delay here is the Whitesnake-ish riff biggrin.gif
Would of done it sooner but i was sort of busy this week...

The harmonics are going good but i still need practice plus i find it hard to get it right when using the high E string...it's a matter of getting used to the technique i suppose.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Whitesnake_riff.mp3 ( 751.63K ) Number of downloads: 94

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 19 2013, 11:37 AM
Instructor
Hey mate smile.gif This is almost there!

You have a few timing issues in the beginning and after the drums kick in, the vibrato could use a bit of work throughout the take.

Now after taking care of these issues, I'd like you to try to interpret the riff a bit, by focusing on having great timing, attack and playing tight. The final result should be a riff filled with attitude!

I think you need more slow practice to make it sound really good! What do you say mate?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Kimiko
May 19 2013, 08:59 PM
Sooo...lemme get this straight... you want me to focus on the timing and vibrato and after that...start improvising and adding a more personal note to the riff is that right?

If so then i have a few ideas biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 20 2013, 08:51 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kimiko @ May 19 2013, 07:59 PM) *
Sooo...lemme get this straight... you want me to focus on the timing and vibrato and after that...start improvising and adding a more personal note to the riff is that right?

If so then i have a few ideas biggrin.gif

Hey again my Romanian friend - first thing, I want you to play this riff like your life depends of it smile.gif Improvising will come a bit later wink.gif

+Quote Post
Kimiko
May 20 2013, 10:55 AM
Ahh that pinch harmonic is annoying...can't get it right...i don't seem to have this problem on the other strings, mainly on the low E string...curious..

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Whitesnake_riff_take_2.mp3 ( 769.63K ) Number of downloads: 91

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 20 2013, 11:24 AM
Instructor
Mate - is your guitar tuned? It sounds a bit weird, like it is out of tune and indeed - that pinch harmonic there is not yet close. On the other hand, if you could shoot a video - with your phone or anything else while playing, it would help A LOT. I can't see what you are doing, so I can't quite tell what's what and what should be done so that things would improve.

+Quote Post
Kimiko
May 20 2013, 12:30 PM
Hmm...it should be in tune. I donna it might of been the effect from the processor. I'll recheck and come back with another one. As for filming, i'll see what i can do.

Cheers!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 21 2013, 07:50 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kimiko @ May 20 2013, 11:30 AM) *
Hmm...it should be in tune. I donna it might of been the effect from the processor. I'll recheck and come back with another one. As for filming, i'll see what i can do.

Cheers!

Ok mate - keep in mind that the filming could show me your movements, which are a very important part in your playing efficiency and overall quality. The more info you can provide in a visual/ auditive way, the more I can help smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kimiko
May 21 2013, 09:31 AM
So i had a go at filming and stuff.
Guitar was tuned right before the take and i used the same effect as the first recording.

I'm curious to know why the harmonics are harder to do on the Low E string than on the other 5..
Video: http://speedy.sh/74eUt/CAM00071.mp4
How to download the video:

This post has been edited by Kimiko: May 21 2013, 09:38 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 22 2013, 12:41 PM
Instructor
Hey mate! Thanks for the explanations wink.gif I think it would also be a good idea to have a Youtube channel, which would also offer you the possibility to have your vids centralized and have them posted easily, by embedding them anywhere.

Now, out of what I am hearing, you should focus on making the chord shifts more exact - they are a bit shaky and by that I mean that they are not always dead on time.

Regarding the harmonics smile.gif Please re-shoot the movie so I can see your right hand as well biggrin.gif I can't figure out what you are doing if I can't see the right hand, right? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Kimiko
May 24 2013, 10:20 AM
Ahh i see what you mean...very well..i'll get right on that but it'll have to wait for a few days...i'm sort of on a mini vacation and i don't have my guitar with me tongue.gif

It should be done on Tuesday since i get back on Monday night.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 24 2013, 10:50 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kimiko @ May 24 2013, 09:20 AM) *
Ahh i see what you mean...very well..i'll get right on that but it'll have to wait for a few days...i'm sort of on a mini vacation and i don't have my guitar with me tongue.gif

It should be done on Tuesday since i get back on Monday night.

No hurry mate wink.gif Enjoy your time!

+Quote Post
Kimiko
May 28 2013, 08:26 AM
So I'm back biggrin.gif

I recorded another one. Guitar was tuned right before this take. To be honest i think that harmonic might have something to do with my amp as well...I sort of use an acoustic amp and a processor. If i select a preset with some more 'attack' it tends to squeal...if i set select a tone without attack it doesn't...so that might be a trouble with why i am not able to get it right...it seems fine on other strings though.
Worked on my timing as well, hope there is a difference..haha biggrin.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Another_Whitesnake.mp3 ( 914.63K ) Number of downloads: 85

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 28 2013, 10:10 AM
Instructor
Possible smile.gif But still, please make a vid in which I can take a look at your right hand, aye?

It sounds like it has more intention and definition, even though there are some timing issues, for instance, that bend at 0:24 is a bit delayed and the general definition and cleanliness of the playing could be tidied up a bit smile.gif Notice how Mate stops the riffs immediately after playing? I want you to focus on that too wink.gif

Let's try the following experiment - please record over the original lesson and let's see if you can match Mate's exact phrasing biggrin.gif That will help on improving your tightness and clean playing a whole lot. In the mean time, we can also choose a lead oriented lesson having articulation elements in it. I think you need to work on that side as well smile.gif It'll be an easy one, but it will push you a bit, deal?

+Quote Post
Kimiko
May 29 2013, 10:40 AM
Sooo here we are...
we have 2 new recordings today...one is the first with me recording over Mate's version...it sound...awful biggrin.gif
Mainly because being in different keys confuses the hell out of me and disorientates me and messed up my timing but i tried with that. I can't raise the pitch of Mate's version that'd be fantastic if possible biggrin.gif

The other recording is in the Key of E major and i tried my best to make it as tidy and clean and strict as i could. Found a new preset on my proc...seems to help with the harmonic...that or i'm getting better at it...lol

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Recording_over_Mate.mp3 ( 819.13K ) Number of downloads: 89
Attached File  E_major_key.mp3 ( 815.13K ) Number of downloads: 93

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 30 2013, 10:19 AM
Instructor
Hey mate! I think you did a very good job with the separate recording! Tight, clean and in good timing - there are some spots in which you hesitated just a bit, but with time, you'll get better and better biggrin.gif

The other one isn't the right thing, because of the tuning differences, but I think you did a good job with the one in the key of E major!

Now, as i was saying in the previous post - what would you think about this one? smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginn...String-Bending/ - it will help you with control, better than anyother lesson, at this point wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Kimiko
Jun 10 2013, 03:28 PM
Hey Cosmin,

Sorry for the late reply i was in Canada for a few days with work stuff and didn't had time to record, i will go to the States in a few on the 12th for a Convention...work stuff again.
But here's my first take on the bends. New strings attached so it sounds a bit rough and unpolished, the bends not having enough pitch every once and awhile. Once the strings loosen up a bit it should sound better. Here's what i have so far.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  First_try.mp3 ( 2.07MB ) Number of downloads: 89

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 11 2013, 10:03 AM
Instructor
Hey mate smile.gif Indeed, long time no see - I think you should try it again, once the strings settle and aim for the right pitches when executing the bends. Once again, if you manage to make a vid where I can see both hands, it would be more than great smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kimiko
Jun 19 2013, 05:17 PM
Hey mate,

Sorry for the delay just been rehehealy busy with work nowadays...i managed to put up a youtube channel and a video with this lesson so check it out.

PS: Video recording with the telephone sucks xD

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 20 2013, 08:06 AM
Instructor
Hehe! Hey man! I am seeing improvement biggrin.gif Good, very good! Now, the only thing you should work on, would be the bends that are happening when bending downwards. You see, your hand and wrist are moving nicely when you bend up but you are using your fingers when bending down smile.gif That has to go away laugh.gif Better pitch control as I can see. Now, I will ask you to keep tinkering with this one and in the mean time, I was thinking of throwing another one at you - what do you think?

Sending me videos is DEFINITELY the way to go biggrin.gif Let's keep at this, ok?

Cosmin

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 07:01 AM