2 Pages V   1 2 >  
The Late, Great Shawn Lane.
Eat-Sleep-andJam
May 2 2008, 12:58 PM
GMC:er
Easily one of the best players of all time.
I think alot of you would agree about with that.
If you get the respect of
Paul Gilbert
Imo, you must be really good.

Shawn Lane- Gray Pianos Flying

Shawn Lane-Epilogue for Lisa

Shawn Lane-Little Wing

Shawn Lane-Talks about Pentatonics

Shawn Lane Destroying a White Strat ( Poor Strat sad.gif)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
May 2 2008, 01:01 PM
Awesome guitarist indeed smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
May 2 2008, 01:04 PM
Singing Instructor
awsome player,thanks for sharing.
and drummer in that first song Rocks!!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
chast
May 2 2008, 01:55 PM
Learning Roadie
Incredible player.
That version of Gray Pianos Flying is one of my favourite songs and the drummer also is very good smile.gif
But the best die young sad.gif

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
May 2 2008, 02:01 PM
Instructor
Shawn.. one of the most unique and amazing players there ever was.. Shame he had to leave so early sad.gif

This is my favourite Shawn Lane moment i think: http://youtube.com/watch?v=4naGFSdu38M

This post has been edited by Trond Vold: May 2 2008, 02:01 PM

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Darfuria
May 2 2008, 02:03 PM
Amazingly fantastic musician - not just guitarist. Check out the video of him ripping a piano to pieces when he was young, and the video of him at the talent show.

Edit - Having watched the pentatonic videos, it's amazing to see how little he uses his pinky.

This post has been edited by Darfuria: May 2 2008, 02:07 PM

--------------------
Want a website for you or your band? http://www.websiteformyband.com

+Quote Post
Danilo Capezzuto
May 2 2008, 04:42 PM
Instructor
Amazing, awesome gifted musician...

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
May 2 2008, 06:20 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Absolutely guys Shawn was a brilliant player both technically and musically.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
May 2 2008, 08:48 PM
Its scary to think what Music would be like if he was still around.....

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
May 2 2008, 09:41 PM
Instructor
nice one for sure

+Quote Post
InstruMental Cas...
May 4 2008, 03:38 PM
Don't forget about the search function:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...p;hl=Shawn+Lane

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
May 4 2008, 04:13 PM
Instructor
ohmy.gif .. just found a clip i've never seen before : http://youtube.com/watch?v=WhTHxkIllvU

Seriously, how come something like that only gets 23.000 views? But every half-assed attempt to play a Trivium song gets 500.000 views? sad.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
May 4 2008, 11:24 PM
Not as a comment on Trivium Trond but about Shawn and a host of other great but ignored musicians...

- maybe too often they concentrate so much on their music and developing their musical ability that they don't spend as much time on promotion?

I certainly don't mean that as a criticism of Shawn, etc., but it's the world we live in - one ruled by X-Factor/American Idol etc... unsure.gif . It's also nothing new - for many years talented musicians have either been hated, ignored or had to play what was popular (look at Stockhausen, Stravinsky, etc )

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
chast
May 5 2008, 12:37 PM
Learning Roadie
I think another problem with the music of Shawn Lane is, that it is really not music for everyone as it is Jazz in general. Most of the people who listen to Jazz either listen to it because they do music on their own or (but that's just a small part) they really listen to Jazz.
Jazz is probably one of the genres most people can't get in as easy as in metal or something else.

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
May 5 2008, 01:26 PM
Instructor
Yea, your both absolutely right. Shawn's music is definetly not mainstream.

It just annoys me, because i think it should be mainstream smile.gif .. or atleast get more recognition

This post has been edited by Trond Vold: May 5 2008, 01:27 PM

--------------------

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
May 5 2008, 08:42 PM
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ May 5 2008, 04:26 AM) *
Yea, your both absolutely right. Shawn's music is definetly not mainstream.

It just annoys me, because i think it should be mainstream smile.gif .. or atleast get more recognition

Yeah. I hate when I turn on the radio and hear thinigs that arguably shouldnt be on there. blink.gif

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
May 5 2008, 10:23 PM
Sadly the Media generally play to the lowest common denominator -n for music just take a look at American Idol mad.gif rolleyes.gif . Too often it's not about ability but promotion, playing what is main stream and being 'marketable'.

Bleh,
Tony

ps we live in a global world but now have less choice - go figure rolleyes.gif unsure.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pablo Vazquez
May 8 2008, 09:18 PM
Instructor
AMAZING!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
FrankW
Jun 21 2008, 01:28 AM
The more I watch these Shawn Lane videos, the more I am blown away. I'm surprised he wasn't more well known. The guy was beyond incredible. I find it hard to come up with worthy adjectives to do his playing justice. The guy was on another level...wow...

+Quote Post
Enucleation
Jun 21 2008, 04:21 AM
I have watched a few videos but never really bought any albums... I didn't know he had died(don't eat me). Man that is sad.

--------------------
Gear
::Guitars::
ESP LTD AX-50 (Temporarily 'out of service')
ESP LTD KH-202
Jackson King V
Ibanez Xiphos (Main)
::Amp::
Line 6 Spider Valve
::Misc::
Pod Studio UX2/Pod Farm
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Ernie Ball Strings (11-48 for Standard D) (9-42 for Standard)
Any pick that works for me
::Wanted::
B.C. Rich Stealth
Xiphos 7 String
Too much....

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 09:24 AM