Back In Action After Illness, the first tune of the first gig...
Blue Willy
Jul 23 2013, 05:01 AM
GMC:er
I had a stubborn case of bronchitis which took about two months to throw off. I have severe emphysema which makes lung infections potentially life threatening. I'm finally on the mend but not totally back to where I was before the illness. I have never cancelled a gig due to illness in my life and I found it necessary to use supplemental oxygen in order to play last Saturday. The house was full a half hour before show time. I played one solo set of Americana on acoustic 12-string and one electric set of blues and rock with my band. A fan shot this video of my first song, Make Me A Pallet On Your Floor.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Mike

"The business ain't nothin' but the blues!" - Rahsaan Roland Kirk

Inductee in the Blues Hall of Fame, March 14, 2012.

Mike-Wilhelm.com
YouTube: Michael Ray Wilhelm, Blusician, guitar & vocal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
Jul 23 2013, 05:43 AM
QUOTE (Blue Willy @ Jul 23 2013, 04:01 AM) *
I had a stubborn case of bronchitis which took about two months to throw off. I have severe emphysema which makes lung infections potentially life threatening. I'm finally on the mend but not totally back to where I was before the illness. I have never cancelled a gig due to illness in my life and I found it necessary to use supplemental oxygen in order to play last Saturday. The house was full a half hour before show time. I played one solo set of Americana on acoustic 12-string and one electric set of blues and rock with my band. A fan shot this video of my first song, Make Me A Pallet On Your Floor.

Mike you have an amazing voice and you play that guitar like it's meant to be played, it all sounds amazing considering how sick you were. Well done mate smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
When your fingers bleed you're getting somewhere

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 23 2013, 11:38 AM
Instructor
All my respect, sir! I wish you a fast recovery!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jul 23 2013, 11:48 AM
Instructor
Undestroyable soul will keep the body alive! Big hugs from Poland ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 23 2013, 03:40 PM
Instructor
Wou! Amazing performance man! You are great. Thanks for sharing your magic here. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Jul 23 2013, 07:04 PM
Well done Mike...you are a true soldier...that was amazing.

+Quote Post
Blue Willy
Jul 23 2013, 09:53 PM
Thank you all so much for both the kind words and the best wishes.

--------------------
Mike

"The business ain't nothin' but the blues!" - Rahsaan Roland Kirk

Inductee in the Blues Hall of Fame, March 14, 2012.

Mike-Wilhelm.com
YouTube: Michael Ray Wilhelm, Blusician, guitar & vocal

+Quote Post
Spock
Jul 23 2013, 11:36 PM
Glad you're feeling better and that was a great video!

+Quote Post
Blister
Jul 24 2013, 04:16 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I love listening to your music, Mike. Absolutely wonderful. If you were feeling under par, I sure couldn't tell. That's genuine music from the heart! smile.gif Feel better friend!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:43 PM