Marshall Tsl 100, reviews, opinions please
FrankW
May 16 2008, 09:15 PM
GMC:er
I bought one two years ago. I guess it's okay, but I haven't cranked it to give it a thorough workout. It's blowing fuses right now, so it's got to go to the shop. It sustained water damage after I just got it, when my ceiling leaked from a bad rainstorm. I, of course let it air dry, followed by the hairdryer. It worked fine for two years, then started blowing fuses. It's probably time to change the power tubes anyway, but I kept it at about less than 1 on the overall volume, and drove the preamp section in order to play in the house. It's got a 4x12 vintage 30 cabinet, so I know I'm good there. I have heard complaints about the footswitch being unreliable, but I haven't encountered that...yet. Anybody play through one? I'd like your opinion, please.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FrankW
May 24 2008, 06:26 AM
Allright, then, I'll review it myself...I WANT MY DUAL RECTIFIER BACK!!!...and could you throw in a JVM, and a Road King, and a couple of Jackson Soloists, and an ESP Horizon FR, and I guess a Les Paul and a Strat...oh yeah, and could you find some dates for my friends?..

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by FrankW: May 24 2008, 06:27 AM

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 24 2008, 11:35 AM
Instructor
I played a couple of times on that amp, and all I can say it sounds very thin on low level volumes.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
FrankW
May 24 2008, 02:57 PM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ May 24 2008, 11:35 AM) *
I played a couple of times on that amp, and all I can say it sounds very thin on low level volumes.

Well, that goes back to what I was saying about getting an attenuator...to push the power section along with the preamp tubes. When my budget allows, I'll have to re-tube the amp, and buy an attenuator. But to be honest with you, for 200 more dollars, I could have bought another Dual Rectifier. I'm thinking I should have...oh well!

+Quote Post
Danilo Capezzuto
May 24 2008, 03:02 PM
Instructor
With the thd you'll turn up the volume, this way the marshall really sing, but you already knew. Marshall and Mesa are two different animals, try to run up both together, I think the sound will be...HUGE!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 12:34 PM